Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Red "Only" items?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
I have items in my backpack and ship inventory storage that are in a red box; and when I put my mouse over it the box with the info about it pops up, like normal, but for the red boxed items it will be a picture and it will say only in red. What does this mean? I didn't know how to play the game at first so I brought a lot of stuff and when I check my backpack or ship items it won't let me use it. I am a witch doctor. Someone told me I could never use items in red and then someone told me I can, but only on my other pirates.

I'm confused lol. Please help!

-Amy Burton

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
The "red only" items could be two possibilities. One is that the item is meant for another class ( privateer for example) and I would just put that item in your shared bank so if you want to create another pirate so you can use that item for that class. The other reason might be that that item might be a higher level than you are at the moment. So basically, when you mouse over that item you should look and see if that item is for a different class or if you need to be a higher level to use that item. Hope this helps. Salty Seamus lvl 50 Privateer

Community Leader
RebasTNB on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I have items in my backpack and ship inventory storage that are in a red box; and when I put my mouse over it the box with the info about it pops up, like normal, but for the red boxed items it will be a picture and it will say only in red. What does this mean? I didn't know how to play the game at first so I brought a lot of stuff and when I check my backpack or ship items it won't let me use it. I am a witch doctor. Someone told me I could never use items in red and then someone told me I can, but only on my other pirates.

I'm confused lol. Please help!

-Amy Burton
If something in your inventory is red, whether it be a ship item or piece of gear, it means you can't equip it. For gear, it either means you are not high enough level OR that that piece of gear has a class restriction (i.e. can only be used by Privateers). For ship equipment, it could mean that your nautical level isn't high enough OR that you currently have the wrong type of ship for that equipment (i.e. can only be used on Monquistan Skiffs). Hope that helps!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!