Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Running.. and other small things.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
I'll try to keep this brief.

Main point: Pirate 101 has a lot of travel. 90% of the time I'm on the game, I'm pressing W. Please, for the love of my poor sore wrist, implement a key to press to make your character continue forward in a straight line. I don't mind all the travel, but some of us are.. aged.. and need a little accommodation on this point.

Now for the other small things:

1: Please add to the "show following your character" any of the companions you have, not just the first mate. While I love Bonnie, and generally always want her in my battles (she's so versatile), I'd like to switch it up once in awhile.

2: Regarding battle AFKers: If a player does absolutely nothing for 3 rounds, they should be expelled from the battle. This gives kids, the target audience, plenty of time to click at least one enemy. Battles get rather long the further you get into the game, and having to wait for the clock to run out every round is tedious.

3: Please raise the drop rate of non-auction outfits. I farmed for about 20 combined hours in Fin's in Gullet, and after all that I was still missing the musketeer and witchdoctor outfits. I understand wanting to give us something to work for, but 20 hours farming for a level 10 gear is a little much.

Administrator
Trying pressing Control+R for autorun.

For more keyboard shortcuts, check this page out.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I put a similar idea regarding the battle AFK'ers on the Wizard101 forums. That idea seemed to be ignored.

In conclusion, I am not sure KI would implement such a drastic solution towards Pirate101.

Drastic or not, I LOVE that idea, and would solve all problems regarding AFK'ers. Afterall, if you disconnect, you seem to pop back online outside battle, with 1 health, and all used companions KO'ed. So, what is the difference, really?

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
Ah wonderful! Thanks a million.

Now .. I change my main dream to an editable keymap within the game.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Trying pressing Control+R for autorun.

For more keyboard shortcuts, check this page out.
I was shocked to see that control + Q (if I'm reading this correctly) sets you towards your closest quest objective. That would have saved me a lot of time! I wonder what else is in the player guide that I didn't know about?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
Talkin The Plank on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I was shocked to see that control + Q (if I'm reading this correctly) sets you towards your closest quest objective. That would have saved me a lot of time! I wonder what else is in the player guide that I didn't know about?
Control+Shift+Q! I use it all the time!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*