Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Message Board Feedback

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
suncaster72 on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
Are suggestions acceptable?
If so, I have an idea. There should be a way to add people as friends on Message Boards. They could have a Profile with an Add friend Icon, or simply an Add Friend icon when you click on his/her name that slides down.
It would be a bit easier to find your friends irl on here. When a friend is added, you could give them what I would call a Character Friend Request, that adds them in-game. Non-Members should have access to this too. If there is a Profile gadget, the Character friend request should appear next to a Remove Friend icon. If it slides, you should be able to have access to a Character Friend Request icon that slides down ( as well as a remove friend icon, and not to mention Ignore icon)
Well, thanks for this awesome feature and this awesome game. I hope a get a job at KI someday
Hey suncaster 72,

All suggestions are welcome and actually may give us an idea when we are struggling for new enhancements.

We will evaluate your idea about making friend requests through the message boards which will then put out a friend request via game.

thanks,

robred98

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
There appears to be a problem with the number of Watched Topics. I am getting an error message that states I have reached my limit of 25 Watched Topics yet there are only 13 Watched Topics on the P101 Message Board (I counted them).
Hi Mouser01,

I see you're having an issue with watched topics. We are certainly aware of the issue and have put in a fix but that change won't occur til later (look for early December).

In the mean time, reduce your Wizard101 watched topics. I see that you have several topics that are locked...perhaps remove some of those.

Sorry for the inconvenience and glad to see you're using the boards.

robred98

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
How do you like these new message boards?

Do you like the way they look?

Do they work the way you think they should? Try the Search, Recent Topics, Hottest Topics, and the new Watch Topics sections!

Let us know what you think by replying to this post!
1.) I like them (though I don't know how the old message board looked).

2.) Yup.

3.) I would have to say no on this one. I did not think in anyway shape or form that you would have to wait 12-24 hours for a post to be made, I'm always use to me hitting the "submit" button and seeing my post 3 seconds after hitting it. It really takes away from a conversation and bug's me that it takes a day for a post to be made because I'm on the yearly membership and every hour count's. When I ask a question about the game because I'm stuck on a part or just for general knowledge, I don't want to wait a day, which by then I figured it out through other methods, I would like a knowledgeable member or staff to (kindly) answer my question within at least an hour after I post it.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2010
Wolf Strongshield on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
I would rather keep the new look for the Pirate101 message boards, cause when I was in Wizard101 I got all confused.
the thing i did not like about wizard101 was in the worlds you never new were you were going. it would have bin nice to have a map to tell you how to get back. it is not to bad on pirate101 but it still would be nice for thous ones that are parts within parts.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
when you submit a message it says it is fully moderated, but does not tell you if it's being currently being moderated.

i think you should find a way for people to check if their messages are being moderated and see a predicted time of when their messages will be done.

thank you.

Lucas "the power" Jackson level 10

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Alright guys come on just because your posts are not coming up right when you submit them does not mean the world is going to end! It just means KI is checking them for bad language and how you wrote them to see if they should go on the message boards or not! So relax guys just chill and wait alright! I am sorry if I sounded rude before when I was typing I was just trying to explain.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
the message boards are amazing i love them i love the face adder the message boards are cool

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i think we should be able to see the topics we sent befor they are viewed by a administrator. and be able to corect some words for spelling or for being vulgar by accident or habbit... or other reasons.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
Glad to hear folks are liking the message boards. We are striving to meet everyone's needs/requests and evaluate whether or not a request is possible. There are more features coming down the road that we hope ya'll will enjoy.

As for knowing when your message is going to be moderated, that is something we cannot really give. All messages are moderated in timely fashion but the messages are not evaluated 24/7. Please consider 12 hours or less for moderation.

The ability to see your submitted posts prior to moderation is an interesting one and will be evaluated.

Thanks for the feedback. And please keep the suggestions coming.

Community Leader
robred98 on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
Glad to hear folks are liking the message boards. We are striving to meet everyone's needs/requests and evaluate whether or not a request is possible. There are more features coming down the road that we hope ya'll will enjoy.

As for knowing when your message is going to be moderated, that is something we cannot really give. All messages are moderated in timely fashion but the messages are not evaluated 24/7. Please consider 12 hours or less for moderation.

The ability to see your submitted posts prior to moderation is an interesting one and will be evaluated.

Thanks for the feedback. And please keep the suggestions coming.

It would be nice for us to be able to review/edit a post of our own awaiting moderation.

Often I have posted, and realized I missed an important fact/point, and cannot add it to my post.

A preview option to see our posts BEFORE they are submitted/approved would be useful for sure as well.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
It would be nice for us to be able to review/edit a post of our own awaiting moderation.

Often I have posted, and realized I missed an important fact/point, and cannot add it to my post.

A preview option to see our posts BEFORE they are submitted/approved would be useful for sure as well.
Hi OFxSaint,

As every user has the ability to edit their posts once they are submitted and approved, I do like what you're sayin'.
We are hashing out logistics on the idea to see if it is possible.

Thanks

robred98

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I am having a problem when I am looking at messages on the Message Board and there are more than 1 page of messages. The problem is there is not an easy way to go back to where you were in the Message Board when you are done reading the messages.

As an example: I am readying the messages in The Shipyards. I am on page 3 of the messages when I see one that I want to read. This message has several pages of information in it. I get to the fifth page and decide to go back to look at more messages. I press The Shipyards button at the top of the thread. Instead of returning to page 3 of the messages where I was, I am returned to page 1 of the Shipyard Messages. Maybe there could be a button to return to where you were in the messages (in this case, page 3 of the Shipyard Messages instead of page 1 of the Shipyard Messages).

I can use the Back Button in the browser to retrace my path but that means I have to go back through all the pages that I looked at after accessing a message.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
robred98 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Want to read the last post of a thread without straining your fingers?
You can do that

Don't want to click on the last page number to get there after listing the posts?
Yea, there sure can be a lot pages.

Want to scroll down without saying "Man my finger hurts"?
You can say that again

Well relax those fingers and wait no further! Enjoy the fine luxury of a new link to the last post of a topic on all topic listing pages. Just click on the user's name under the Last Updated column and you will be swept away to the last post of that thread.
Now that is handy
When I do this now, I get a listing of all the messages started by that person, not just the particular thread that I was interested in. This result does have its uses. Maybe we could either have a last button or maybe modify the sort sequence to be last entered, first read. That way the messages would be sorted with the newest one being read first, the second newest next, and so forth. This is the solution I would prefer since I am mostly interested in what has happened lately, not 50 messages ago.

Sincere Harry Webb

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SlightlyMadWizard on May 26, 2013 wrote:
When I do this now, I get a listing of all the messages started by that person, not just the particular thread that I was interested in. This result does have its uses. Maybe we could either have a last button or maybe modify the sort sequence to be last entered, first read. That way the messages would be sorted with the newest one being read first, the second newest next, and so forth. This is the solution I would prefer since I am mostly interested in what has happened lately, not 50 messages ago.

Sincere Harry Webb
I think that was just a mistake. If you click on the Date you will be taken to the last post for that thread. That works every time.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like them and was enjoying the yar feature. When I added a yar, it seems to update quickly. Now, when I click yar nothing seems to happen and the yars I click are not being added.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
The Yars seem to be working fine, maybe. When I click on the Yar, the Yar is added to the Yars under the Date, not the total Yars, and the Yar become unYar. The reason I said maybe is because it is not being added to the total Yars.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
Ensign
Jun 09, 2012
the last story thing that you have us watch is acting up to where kit goes so slowly you cant get it done till you are disconnected. i think for people that have older computers and cant get it done in time you should make the disconnected time 30 mins or more. this video takes a long time for me because i have a really old computer from like 2000. plese see if you can do anything i cant get past it.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Yea I love them!

However... Sometimes I MIGHT think i'm wasting my time because it might take me like an hour to type but kingsisle gives me no response... So maybe you are trying to hide that you dont like? Well I would prefer you tell me because I have to go and check on it every day. Thanks

Zane 64

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
I like the message boards the way they are but idk how to start a topic. I noticed people besides people from KI start their own topic. If so, plz tell me how.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I like the message boards the way they are but idk how to start a topic. I noticed people besides people from KI start their own topic. If so, plz tell me how.
At the main page for each group. For example look up and click on the words "The Shipyards" Now look up again and right under the green "Play!" button you will see a blue button that says "New Topic". Click on that and put your title for your topic in the first, smaller box. Then type as usual in the bigger one and there you go, you will have started a new topic.

Ensign
May 11, 2013
I would appreciate it if you told us the level that a companion promotes

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
awsomeness244 on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
I would appreciate it if you told us the level that a companion promotes
Here is a really good Guide that gives you that information.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Use the following link: http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?15615-Illustrated-Guide-to-Companion-Promotions .
Thank for the help!!! X whispers to Bonnie X just two more levels, and you will become a highlander!!