Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Musketeer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
sandy20850 on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
For you 60+ level Musketeers, what companions do you use and what type of companions do you use?
Capoferro, Livingstone, and sometimes Tyson (He he, cool ranch memories)

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Gouut1 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Musketeers Are really good but it will be much better if we have overwatch skill so the people who come near us will take damage. Who agree with me that we should have overwatch skill.
Yeah we don't really need elusive, I would trade for overwatch, burst fire 2 and true grit

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Ol Fish Eye on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Musketeers are expert marksmen, who use their mastery of firearms and trick shots to win battles. Musketeers damage their enemies at long range and keep them at a distance with traps and obstacles, denying foes any chance for hand-to-hand combat.

If you are a Musketeer, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
Why would I need to boost my agility?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RandomizedOlaf on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Why would I need to boost my agility?
Because every once in a while they survive the minefield and WILL get to you. It will be good to be able to duck out of the way before you blast them.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
GoldRoseKnight on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Yea. Double tap should activate with powers, as the last time I used a regular attack was in cool ranch. If not, overwatch or stock assault should be avail. Why did I choose to be raised in skull island! Whyyyyy
he max boost his stat in battle to get a good chance of high damage

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Musketeers are expert marksmen, who use their mastery of firearms and trick shots to win battles. Musketeers damage their enemies at long range and keep them at a distance with traps and obstacles, denying foes any chance for hand-to-hand combat.

I have a musketeer (still level 19) now as well and it seems good to continue. My main is a level 65 witch doctor and i can say that musketeers are not overpowered, they just have more interesting spells and strategy.

As a musketeer i gladly take the agility and a bit will to boost my magical damage. And do not forget to boost your weapon power. If you manage to get some good totems, necks or rings from floating dutch man that can give you some 5% weapon power and a rose spells, then go with these- at least at the beginning.
So when you choose to be a musketeer, then your main state is agility. And choose your companions wisely!!!!
Best of luck!

Ensign
Sep 23, 2015

For me it is shoot everything in your path.
Left to Right.
As any should know the traps are mind games, they think it is bogus while it will hurt.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014

"marksmen"

have you ever heard of the 3 musketeers. ( renegade-ish duelists)

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
milo gt on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
"marksmen"

have you ever heard of the 3 musketeers. ( renegade-ish duelists)
Musketeer means someone who wields a musket. The French musketeers used guns too. In the story, though, they used swords more because they didn't have any ammunition.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
I have always been a fan of old muskets, flintlocks, revolvers and repeaters, so this class was made for me. I do not regret it

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Oh yeah MUSKETEER. They are so awesome, accurate and POWERFUL!

- Darkmoordude

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013

i once won a battle against all level 65 plus swashbucklers using my bombs and my companions didn't get an attack because they were defeated so musketeers rock

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
I have two problems for Musketeers like us. One, why is it that we (Asides swashbucklers) Don't get a new power just like everyone else does! For musketeers, we should get a power that stuns opponents in their tracks using our spark gun stun power (or create clouds of electricity without using our most powerful bomb attack when it times out). For Swashbucklers, I got no ideas of how to make them awesome.

Black Rose max

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
They can do both but are much better at ranged. There are several weapons for them that have a gun and a blade so you can experiment a lot.
I actually tried other weapons in which comes with a gun. If a musketeer gets a sword gun combo they lose the blast range except in their special attacks (But they gain the unique melee critical strike affects). The following weapons a Musketeer can use and still use range attacks:

Gun with wand
Gun with shield
Double guns
Musket (Signature)

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013

Ensign
Jun 27, 2012
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I'm not sure what a Musketeer is, but I heard there's only three of them. I do know that they enjoy wearing fancy hats.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I'm not sure what a Musketeer is, but I heard there's only three of them. I do know that they enjoy wearing fancy hats.
This comment has been awarded the Fearless Rob stamp of approval.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I love muskets because of the fact that I like guns (gotta give shotguns love) but shotguns in pirate go out of style really fast and cannot be stitched but I am happy with my choice as a musket.
Black Jack Silver: lvl 70

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
I just recently got into this game after a few years of Wizard101.
Pirate101 fits my playstyle better.

I've been playing for I think maybe 4 months and have maxed a Shashbuckler, a Witchdoctor and I'm now working on my Musketeer.
So far I do like my Musketeer the most.
They are alot of fun! Especially with all the traps and in combination with Captain Blood's Jacket

Ensign
Feb 08, 2015
My primary is a musketeer and I really enjoy the valor and poise of the class. I like privateers for the same reason. I enjoy military history, so musketeers, privateers, and Marleybone are my bread and butter. The though of rushing head-on into uncontrollable melee combat makes me shudder. As a musketeer, I have a sense of control over the battlefield and I can force my enemies to come to me through a killing field of traps and sparkgun fire, only to reach the staunch melee companions that guard my musketeer back line. For high-level fights, I use a crew of El Toro and Contessa who guard Bonnie Anne and I in tightly packed, 2X2 square at the battlefield's edge or corner.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I really really like the ...
It was my first class and was hard to solo at first, but I got the hang of it, and now I'm on a two-person team with a Privateer (he acts as melee damage and heal, as well as buffs)
I like the ranged targeting and how you can do damage from afar...without the enemy coming close.
Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23

Ensign
Feb 12, 2021
Though my first class was Witchdoctor, Musketeer is pretty cool too - my preferred battle style is to fight from afar. Go Musketeers!