Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

In response to the change to witchunter

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I think giving the skeleton hoplites hold the line would level the field a bit since witches just lost a lot of power now that they have to deal with witch hunter doing -50%. Yes the angry orchards have hold the line but the problem with that is that a very small percentage of players have that and for those that want to play pvp when the season ends they will not be able to get access to that power.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
My biggest problem to the change with Witch Hunter was that it wasn't necessary. There are SO many problems with witchdoctors in general, most people think that just because we have Old Scratch that that can somehow alleviate all of the other issues, but that's not how it works.

Witchdoctor Companions need an Update. The laughably low accuracy, the range, the powers, the low health and defenses, etc. With old scratch, it did become a lot easier for us, but that doesn't mean that everyone else needed a counter to that! I mean seriously, why is it only witchdoctor spells that trigger Witch Hunter? I know that's what the epic implies, but you can still use The Big Guns, Tempest of Torpedoes, etc. Those spells are fine, it's only witchdoctor spells that NEEDED a counter? Other schools don't need an Overpowered counter to us, we need a counter to them!

I may not Pvp, but it still frustrates me that this goes on. I'm not saying the solution is simple, but i'm also not saying it's very hard. Why didn't witchdoctors just learn Old Scratch's line of powers instead?! Not only would this have made perfect sense, since the entire class revolves around spells ENTIRELY, but this would have made it a lot less cumbersome for other schools.

In conclusion, you should NOT have the ability to almost completely negate a witchdoctor's attacks. I don't know what Ratbeard was thinking when he decided that was a good idea. Perhaps in PVE this is fine, but certainly not in Pvp. People have said it before, witches are pretty much extinct when it comes to Pvp. Giving everyone in that arena an unnecessary defense against them DID NOT help them at all.

When you see other classes complaining for them, you have to know something is wrong.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Ratbeard did say it was made for pve in mind and as he has said the game tailors to the pve experience not pvp but he's always trying to look out for us that love to pvp too and I would agree witch companions lack a lot but the same can be said for privateer companions. Hopefully they changes to witch hunter go through and it's intended to work as it should but for now we can only hope they give witches more defense oriented spells.