Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blast of Discord

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I think I must be missing something because it has yet to trigger. I've attempted it half a dozen times in PvE and nothing happens. I'm making sure the enemies are clustered together. So far all it's done is waste my turn, lol. Help?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
I think I must be missing something because it has yet to trigger. I've attempted it half a dozen times in PvE and nothing happens. I'm making sure the enemies are clustered together. So far all it's done is waste my turn, lol. Help?
In the recent update KI tweaked Blast of Discord so that not only does the enemy need to be clustered together, but also wounded.
Instead of using BoD the first round try using it in the later stages of the battle.
Or you can use many of the damaging doubloons ( like Sudden Squall ) then choose BoD.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I have had this happen too. Ok, what are the new conditions for this power that I have moved to the back with a sigh.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Ah, thank you! I figured they updated something because I watched the videos when everyone was trying it out in test realm and it just didn't work that way for me. I skimmed update notes and didn't see that so I was lost. I kept trying different things and before your reply I thought I'd narrowed it down to them having to be clustered AND surrounding my team. But it was apparently the wounding that counted.

Now I won't be wasting my moves anymore. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
I have had this happen too. Ok, what are the new conditions for this power that I have moved to the back with a sigh.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
New conditions, see above, Dante. It still works, sometimes very well. This power is still in the front of the deck for my Privateers. It just requires a more strategic use. You're all for strategy, right?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Kinda renders it useless for me really now because at later stages of the battle other buffs make other moves a better option.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
Kinda renders it useless for me really now because at later stages of the battle other buffs make other moves a better option.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I've used it very successfully. Especially on enemies down to half health, very often when this power triggers, they'll take each other down. For the privateer that solos, this is still a great power.
Don't count this power as "useless".