Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do summons and pets pick their targets?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Can someone please explain to me the logic (if any) of how pets and summoned creatures decide which enemy to attack?

I have watched them run all the way across the board to attack something when then start out right next to an enemy.

Their actions are almost in direct reverse logic to what someone would do when attacking.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Generally, they seem to me to go for the enemy with the lowest health, but sometimes that is not true. Ranged units don't always move, but sometimes they seem to run away from the battle rather than toward, but possibly line-of-sight enters into it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me the logic (if any) of how pets and summoned creatures decide which enemy to attack?

I have watched them run all the way across the board to attack something when then start out right next to an enemy.

Their actions are almost in direct reverse logic to what someone would do when attacking.
They generally attack those enemies with the less health.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I could be wrong about this, but I remember hearing they try to target enemies with low health

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
All I can figure is that they pick a random enemy. Sometimes it is the closest to them, often not. They do seem to like advancing far into the game board.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I've had a few not even attack, they just run up to the enemy and finish their turn.

I think their logic is to run around the battleboard confusing the enemies (and the players).