Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Anyone Else Excited for Some Yuletide Cheer?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Yay! The time of Christmas cheer is almost here! And not just that, but Pirate101 will be doing their 12 Days of the Spiral soon! And releasing some fun winter Crown Shop items! Yas! (As you might be able to tell, I love 12 Days of the Spiral. )

Who else is excited?

(P.S. Also, what is Krampus? I'm still confused. )

Post Edit: (P.P.S. Never mind about Krampus. I think I got the gist of it after defeating him and his Crackers for the first time with the Low Key. Are the other Keys like that too, just harder?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Yay! The time of Christmas cheer is almost here! And not just that, but Pirate101 will be doing their 12 Days of the Spiral soon! And releasing some fun winter Crown Shop items! Yas! (As you might be able to tell, I love 12 Days of the Spiral. )

Who else is excited?

Post Edit: (P.P.S. Never mind about Krampus. I think I got the gist of it after defeating him and his Crackers for the first time with the Low Key. Are the other Keys like that too, just harder?)
Krampus is a demon from the Germanic cultures. He is an anti-counterpart to Santa Claus ( St. Nicholas ). He punishes badly behaved children ( hence the chains and whip. )
Aren't you glad we get our notions of Santa Claus from the Dutch?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:

Who else is excited?

Aaabout that Krampus dungeon, in W101 there is an NPC in the lobby, Oma ( German for Grandmother ) who warns us to behave or face Krampus. I wish KI saw fit to bring her into our part of the Spiral.
The higher the key the harder the dungeon.
Did you get any gear?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
Aaabout that Krampus dungeon, in W101 there is an NPC in the lobby, Oma ( German for Grandmother ) who warns us to behave or face Krampus. I wish KI saw fit to bring her into our part of the Spiral.
Did you get any gear?
We didn't get the introductory cut-scene. People have been great about reporting drops for the Pirate101 Central Wiki pages, though.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
Did you get any gear?
Makes sense, haha. And no, unfortunately, I didn't get anything but a Star-Wrapped Gift. I figured as much for the Low Key, hehe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
We didn't get the introductory cut-scene. People have been great about reporting drops for the Pirate101 Central Wiki pages, though.

But it was very abrupt and with no explanation, those who don't play W101 or don't know about the Krampus myth most be a little confused by the lobby transition.
We should have Oma. I really liked the voice actor they had, she had a very warm, loving delivery. Or if a grandmother type doesn't fit the pirate image, why not a watermole witchdoctor giving us the warning?
I will check out the central wiki, thanks.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
But it was very abrupt and with no explanation, those who don't play W101 or don't know about the Krampus myth most be a little confused by the lobby transition.
We should have Oma. I really liked the voice actor they had, she had a very warm, loving delivery. Or if a grandmother type doesn't fit the pirate image, why not a watermole witchdoctor giving us the warning?
I will check out the central wiki, thanks.
I'm sorry -- I do agree that Pirate101 indeed needed the cutscene for players who aren't already familiar with the dungeon from playing Wizard101. The melt from nice to nasty makes no sense without Oma.

It just goes to show that even the cut-and-paste method for providing "new content" isn't foolproof.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I agree as well. I was clueless of the Krampus history until one of the pirates I was doing the dungeon (low level) with explained the Krampus German tradition. Who knew

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Willowydream on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
I'm sorry -- I do agree that Pirate101 indeed needed the cutscene for players who aren't already familiar with the dungeon from playing Wizard101. The melt from nice to nasty makes no sense without Oma.

It just goes to show that even the cut-and-paste method for providing "new content" isn't foolproof.

I agree. Although I like the idea of adding in Krampus, it was very sloppy on how they did it. No warning, no cutscene, just the fight and that's it.

If they are gonna cut-paste things, just add in a little touch to make it fit for Pirate101 content instead of these hasty efforts.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
I agree. Although I like the idea of adding in Krampus, it was very sloppy on how they did it. No warning, no cutscene, just the fight and that's it.

If they are gonna cut-paste things, just add in a little touch to make it fit for Pirate101 content instead of these hasty efforts.
I agree too. Why doesn't he say, "Naughty, naughty! Krampus sees all!" Whyever not?!? We're PIRATES, after all!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
I agree too. Why doesn't he say, "Naughty, naughty! Krampus sees all!" Whyever not?!? We're PIRATES, after all!
"Naughty pirates, cheats are for Krampus!"

Post Edit:

For his change you into a gift cheat - "Naughty Pirate! Ribbons and bows will stop your blows!"

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Even though this thread has escalated more to Krampus than Yuletide cheer and Christmas party in itself (and I totally don't mind at all )... I revert it back to its original topic just for a moment by saying...

12 Days of the Spiral has Been Started!

Now excuse me while I go jump up and down!