Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions About Protecting Your Account

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Recently Pirate 101 sent out social media messages about how to protect your account.

This has caused me to have a few questions I would like answered. Specifically about the approved fansite list.

1. Is it true all the fansites on this list are verified to be safe by Kingsisle? I would hope this is the case so everyone can feel safe using them.

2. Are the fansites not on the list not verified to be safe by Kingsisle?

If both answers to these questions are yes then I have a third question.

3. Why did Pirate 101 retweet a link to a fansite not on the approved fansite list?

I hope someone from Kingsisle can answer my questions. With the recent focus on account safety I think they are important.

In conclusion I have a few suggestions to Kingsisle on how to make this community more safe.

A. Only retweet links to approved fansites. Expand the approved fansite list if need be.
B. Make a list of approved livestreamers and video producers. State clearly these links are allowed on the forums but not others.

By implementing these changes I think this community will be a lot safer.

Administrator
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
Recently Pirate 101 sent out social media messages about how to protect your account.

This has caused me to have a few questions I would like answered. Specifically about the approved fansite list.

1. Is it true all the fansites on this list are verified to be safe by Kingsisle? I would hope this is the case so everyone can feel safe using them.

2. Are the fansites not on the list not verified to be safe by Kingsisle?

If both answers to these questions are yes then I have a third question.

3. Why did Pirate 101 retweet a link to a fansite not on the approved fansite list?

I hope someone from Kingsisle can answer my questions. With the recent focus on account safety I think they are important.

In conclusion I have a few suggestions to Kingsisle on how to make this community more safe.

A. Only retweet links to approved fansites. Expand the approved fansite list if need be.
B. Make a list of approved livestreamers and video producers. State clearly these links are allowed on the forums but not others.

By implementing these changes I think this community will be a lot safer.
Great questions!

1. Yes, as much as possible. It's more about reliability overall.

2. No, only those that contact us of course.

3. The link and information to the link was still shareable. Official fansite listings doesn't mean we ignore everyone else's content automatically.

A. This is a good idea in principle, but we take a broader approach here to ensure we're sharing as much as we can that's positive and relevant. No need to overtly restrict community content in this way.

B. Great idea, we'll do this! We may start an official livestreamer program in fact.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
Great questions!

1. Yes, as much as possible. It's more about reliability overall.

2. No, only those that contact us of course.

3. The link and information to the link was still shareable. Official fansite listings doesn't mean we ignore everyone else's content automatically.

A. This is a good idea in principle, but we take a broader approach here to ensure we're sharing as much as we can that's positive and relevant. No need to overtly restrict community content in this way.

B. Great idea, we'll do this! We may start an official livestreamer program in fact.
Thank you Bat Masterson / Matthew Anderson for taking the time to answer these questions.

I am surprised to learn not all fansites have chosen to contact Kingsisle. I do not see any reason for the fansites that haven't to do so. Now I feel better about the link being shared based on what you have shared. And I absolutely agree with you the most contact that can be shared should be, I just want to make sure everything being shared is for sure safe. I'll be very interested to see what a livestreamer program would look like and I hope this program is up soon because I hope to be in it.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Community Leader
Great idea!

There are great family-friendly streamers in the community, like yourself. A Livestream Program would be a great idea! The times have changed since I joined the community. It'll be nice to see Kingsisle continuing their image as a family-friendly game by officially recognizing family-friendly streamers. :) Hope this Livestream program does happen!