Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Make unique Boss Loot Dyable

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 27, 2010
I really like the Captain Swing Set but I'm just not a big fan of purple I was thinking that they should allow us to dye those l pieces of gear would be cool if it could be for every type if unique gear hope someone sees this

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Jospez on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
I really like the Captain Swing Set but I'm just not a big fan of purple I was thinking that they should allow us to dye those l pieces of gear would be cool if it could be for every type if unique gear hope someone sees this
I most definitely saw your post, Jospez, and welcome to the Message Boards!

Colors, in my experience, are what sets us apart (branding), and as Captain Swing's color is purple, it sets him apart from other Bosses, although, might I add, Captain Swing's Set is a little unique by itself. However, other than that, it would be a nice feature to dye Bosses' loot dye-able. Nice suggestion!

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Jospez on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
I agree.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I agree. My Chrissy Nightingale has been wearing Moo's orange for years, I would love to switch back to her flag colors.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I get why things aren't dye-able, but I admit, there are some nice things out there that I either don't wear or stitch to something I can dye because I dislike the color combo intensely. I have a couple of pirates that would be very happy bunnies if they could wear their booty in their own colors.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't know - I think the main point of having unique boss outfits dropping is that they'd be immediately recognizable. Allowing people to customize by dyeing would detract from that "boss look."

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Willowydream on Jul 27, 2017 wrote:
I don't know - I think the main point of having unique boss outfits dropping is that they'd be immediately recognizable. Allowing people to customize by dyeing would detract from that "boss look."

On the other hand, this "unique" "boss look" is no longer unique and appealing when a million and one pirates are stuck wearing the same shade of boss gear. Also, it does not need to be immediately recognizable, but more importantly identifiable, and p101 already makes it identifiable by telling us the name of the gears pirates wear or stitch.

In another thread I suggested some possible boss gear dyes that I find interestingly cool:
  • Black and Red metal guardians armor (instead of silver and blue)
  • Inverse Kane Mask (the black of his hat is now white, and the white of his mask now light metal black)
  • Dark Green and Golden Lopan outfit
  • White duck of death gear.
  • Bright Red or dark purple Tso armor
    and more...
Also, I think dying the glow of weapons would be cool. I want my haywire weapons to have a reddish/orange glow instead of blue. I know that if this idea does pass, champion weapons would probably have to maintain their seasonal glows, but nonetheless, I don't see the overall idea as problematic. And perhaps if we had more glowing armor too?

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Personally I am for and against this.

For: Changing the look of something a boss wore/used is a great way to mock said boss

Against: Boss gear feels like a small trophy of accomplishment (to me, I don't know about other people) and changing the colors feels like you're tampering with the value of it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Most of the colors of boss gear is unique, if a player re-dyed this gear, they wouldn't be able to change it back if they wanted to.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Most of the colors of boss gear is unique, if a player re-dyed this gear, they wouldn't be able to change it back if they wanted to.
Already with normal gear, there are discrepancies between the same colors in distinct gears. For example a player could choose the color option white for troggy armor, though the exact same color option of white would yield a different shade of metallic white in Aquilan armor, and another different shade of silky white for mooshu armor. Basically the same could be said for boss gear. Rooke's Robe can be classified as primarily maroon and secondarily black, though maroon and black could have completely different shades in hoodoo armor.

Also I take that you may mean there is some gear that have colors that even Marie Coulier does not possess, however, from memory I think she has more than enough to satisfy my first point.

If enough people want it, certainly a return to original shade button could also be implemented exclusively for boss gear.