Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not a goodbye, just a fizzle

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
While I do love the graphics and the music and the wonderful crew of animals following me, I just don't feel the same "spark" as before. I haven't logged onto Pirates in awhile and idk if I may ever sign back in. I also been pretty busy with 2 friends in Wizard101 racing through the storyline (We are at Azteca! :D Hooray for almost being done, sort of) so when the third arc happens, we will be ready to take it on head first. At first I thought I was going to love the new script feature on Pirates, but after trying it the feature seemed to just fizzle out fast. I don't know if this is goodbye (How can I give up the first KI game that I actually got a max level on?) but I likely wont be on the message boards much . The race to Morganthe is eating up a lot of potential time for Pirate101 and is honestly keeping me more interested then Pirates. I saw the monquistans in Azteca and thought "Monquistans, and they mentioned Pirates "

This is not goodbye, just a fizzle keeping me from truly experience the game's full experience.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
While I do love the graphics and the music and the wonderful crew of animals following me, I just don't feel the same "spark" as before. I haven't logged onto Pirates in awhile and idk if I may ever sign back in. I also been pretty busy with 2 friends in Wizard101 racing through the storyline (We are at Azteca! :D Hooray for almost being done, sort of) so when the third arc happens, we will be ready to take it on head first. At first I thought I was going to love the new script feature on Pirates, but after trying it the feature seemed to just fizzle out fast. I don't know if this is goodbye (How can I give up the first KI game that I actually got a max level on?) but I likely wont be on the message boards much . The race to Morganthe is eating up a lot of potential time for Pirate101 and is honestly keeping me more interested then Pirates. I saw the monquistans in Azteca and thought "Monquistans, and they mentioned Pirates "

This is not goodbye, just a fizzle keeping me from truly experience the game's full experience.
We will miss you badly, but I completely understand your view point. Misty and I have in the past three or four weeks have managed to beat Malistaire ( with a good bit of help! ) and we are burning through Celestia. I'm only on pirate to collect from my crew. I miss Pirate's storyline and I'm expecting everyday to see teasers or at least an announcement of a test realm, until then, fair sailing, mate, and may your wizard NEVER fizzle!
post edit: I joke to myself that my wizard is wearing a t-shirt that says: "I'd rather be a Pirate!"

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well have fun with Wiz and we of course will be glad to have you back once the "new stuff" makes it's arrival into the P101 Spiral. In gaming, and in life, you always have to keep things interesting and fun even if it means taking a break from one interest to delve deeper into another.

Have a blast and we'll hold down the P101 Skyways until that "new stuff" comes and you rejoin us.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:

We're going to miss you here, and as Esperanza mentioned, we totally understand. Hopefully KI releases some of the much-awaited content in the near future; I can't wait to get back to questing. Surely it can't be that far away...right?

Fair sailing to ye, and may the winds of fortune blow in your favor! I wish you luck in Azteca and beyond, and may you always be victorious in your battles!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fair sailing to ya. We will save a berth for you at the docks.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
And we lose yet another.

I admit that I also am just logging onto Pirate to send my crew out collecting stuff. Pretty soon all of them will be at max gold, each will have a maxed pet. I am presently working on filling up each one's bank with scavanged items as well as their backpack.

On a similar note, I think I know why there have been no storyline updates for close to two years now. The answer can be found on Kingsisle's home page:

Wizard101: 40 million strong
Pirate101: 5 million and growing

Wizard is clearly a winner for them. Each new area they introduce helps them hang onto 40 million players. It is a money winner.

Pirate101 has only an eighth of the players. Development costs are the same for both games, so each new area in Pirate generates only one eighth the revenue of Wizard. It is not a money winner, or at least, not as much of one.

It would not surprise me to see it close as a money loser.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
And we lose yet another.

I admit that I also am just logging onto Pirate to send my crew out collecting stuff. Pretty soon all of them will be at max gold, each will have a maxed pet. I am presently working on filling up each one's bank with scavanged items as well as their backpack.

On a similar note, I think I know why there have been no storyline updates for close to two years now. The answer can be found on Kingsisle's home page:

Wizard is clearly a winner for them. Each new area they introduce helps them hang onto 40 million players. It is a money winner.

Pirate101 has only an eighth of the players. Development costs are the same for both games, so each new area in Pirate generates only one eighth the revenue of Wizard. It is not a money winner, or at least, not as much of one.

NOOO! Consider this: so as to put your statistics for proper comparison:
Wizard101 six years in the making, of course it will have more players and generate more revenue.
Pirate101 merely two years and four months, five million players in two years is not a money loser. I'll wager if you compared the income of Wizard at two years to Pirate now; the revenue would be similar, perhaps more for Pirate since KingsIsle now has a reputation for great games.
I know you're disappointed that the new book hasn't been released yet, but there's no need to spread this kind of negativity and scare off more players.
( Who would've thought that one semester in Statistics and Logic would come in handy! )

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
I started out on wizard almost 6yrs ago,, june 2009, and I have to admit I am bored now, fishing is about the only thing I don't do, but I have tried. I have 4 wiz finished the game and 5 more in khrysalis, some in Azteca and lower, have a total of 4 accounts. Playing that long you hit caps on levels a lot. That leads to many wizards in the same area.
I joined pirate the moment we could back in 2012 . Alternating between the games has helped keep interest in both games. In a tight 'race' I like pirate better I think.
I love how Pirate plays and have 2 active accounts (my grandsons is asleep now). But its been a LONG time between new worlds ,so was back on wizard for virtually a year. I started back to pirate heavily this fall after getting burned out in wizard - khrysalis mainly. I have 3 finished (one on sleeper account),a third stopped as soon as she hit 65, one stopped at beginning of MB, one at beginning of MS, one a beginning of cool ranch. My new account has one entering port regal soon, then 2 others lower level. I am trying hard not to gang up and then later burn out because everyone is on the same place.
I do some scrip fights each evening and have managed quite a few pieces. I have done a lot with pets, but after wiz pets all these years, I get tired after awhile,
I just hope KI is NOT going to cut Pirate off. Yes Wizard has a bigger following and is a money maker, BUT wiz has been around 3 times longer than Pirate. It also has more packs, bundles, other goodies than wizard. Lets see where Pirate is after 6 years and THEN see,
Please keep Pirate going. There are no other games like these around. I don't want to lose either.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015
Max DeGroot on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
And we lose yet another.

This is a game in it's baby stages, which is why the membership is so "low" compared to Wizard. Wizard has been around for 6 years now. A huge difference there. I have played Wizard for 4 1/2 years and grew bored, which is why I am now playing Pirates. The game is great and I don't see it as being closed down; KI simply needs to get new content on its way quicker. I hope they pay attention; they have lost many, many players at Wizard because they simply didn't (pay attention to members/crowns players).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Actually... there is new content on Pirate101. It is somewhat subtle, perhaps, and I don't think it was announced. But let me tell my story:

I took a very well-earned break this evening by playing Pirate, advancing my buccaneer through one or two of her quests. I soon noticed that my feisty girl's fighting style was... different. And I mean this in a good way! Now, for quite some time she has been wielding a great big two-handed Dragoon's sword, but she just got Rooke's sword and shield, and for sheer 'cool' factor, I had her equip these as her new weapon. Of course she has fought sword & shield before - but not quite like this. When she flips in the air to bring her weapon down upon her foe, now she twists her body to slam into him on the way down. There is a new pivot with her body with feet on the ground, forcing her attack under her enemy's guard. Her attack is faster and - I must say - flashier than ever. Much more in the sheer strength and force direction than finesse, but finesse is the province of swashbucklers, after all!

When did these alterations happen? I don't know, really. But for me, it is certainly new and interesting! Perhaps other fighting tweaks are right under our noses, just waiting to be noticed...