Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hidden pirates need to be more.. Hidden.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 05, 2011
I and many others notice that the Swashbuckler hidden power is epic, but its not very keeping its word. Like during PVP if you're hidden and you try to get to someone, a Witchdoctor, Private, or Musket could easily use their bombs or mojo Blast on an "empty square" thus ruining the pirates hidden power.. I think this should be fixed so they could actually be hidden so the enemy cant see where you are. But they could still get attacked; like if your battling a WD with improved mojo blast, you walk next to teammates, etc. and the Wd attacks the team which eventually attacks you, that would be normal. But it just isn't fair for them to be able to see the pirate even though their supposed to be hidden and be able to attack them with their powers on "empty squares".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Yes, I agree with you, that in PVP this would ruin the swashbuckler's advantage of hiding in shadows... what would be the point if your adversaries knew exactly where you were anyway?

Game-wise (outside PVP), I think it would be far more interesting if fighting an enemy who could hide in shadows if they did indeed seem to disappear. The animation on their turn would give us the hint they employed this ability -- and then we would not know where they went! You would need to employ different strategies to seek to defend yourself best from this temporarily invisible foe (and certain epics could be triggered depending on their position as well). But the fact that you didn't know exactly where they were would add a very good 'creepy' factor. And since we swashbucklers can do this, it's only fair a skillful enemy in the future could employ the same tricks...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Well the way it is right now is fine. If you were completely hidden from everyone well it would be overpowered. If you couldnt get stopped it would be overpowered. Think about it x2 damage that's a lot of damage now why should it be more powerful?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I assume that when ranked PvP comes to Pirate then stealthed units will be invisible to your opponent. But if they still allow bombs and other multi-hit powers to hit a stealthed person then they need to change stealth up a bit. I suggest adding a small amount of movement to the stealth powers. Then your opponent will see you use your stealth power but they won't know where you are because you move right after.

Administrator
Hi! This was addressed by J Todd Coleman when practice PVP was introduced, you can find a link to this information here.

"3. Not all of the powers work exactly the same as they do against monsters. A number of oddities came up, and we tried to address them to the degree we could. Here are a few; I am sure we will find more:
Traps, for example, will still trigger against the opposing team – but they won’t be invisible to them. We will fix this eventually.

Hide/Invisibility powers still grant damage bonuses to powers, AND make it impossible for people to directly target you – but the powers don’t actually hide you on the board, and you can still be hit with area of effect spells. We probably won’t fix this one, because it is extremely powerful to actually be invisible to the other team. (Though this is something we want to play with, before we make a final determination.)
Charm spells do work – even on other players! – but the charmed target will become an ally, and automatically determine their next action… so the results might be a bit wonky at times. This is another area we’ll need to watch, and likely make adjustments."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*