Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Put Gold in Our Banks?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
So lately I've been saving up gold for one of the houses in the Crown Shop. Since I'm only in Cool Ranch, I've been finding it pretty difficult to get even halfway to the cost of the house I would like. (100,000) So I thought that it might be a good idea if we could actually store gold in our banks from other characters. Or maybe we could put some of our gold into the bank and gain interest* over time. Tell me what you think!

*I think that's the word?
Quick Melody Nightngale, Lvl 30

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Melody the Swift on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
So lately I've been saving up gold for one of the houses in the Crown Shop. Since I'm only in Cool Ranch, I've been finding it pretty difficult to get even halfway to the cost of the house I would like. (100,000) So I thought that it might be a good idea if we could actually store gold in our banks from other characters. Or maybe we could put some of our gold into the bank and gain interest* over time. Tell me what you think!

I think this may be too complicated to put into the game, especially the gaining interest part of your idea. How much interest? 2%, 5%? Will there be a penalty for early withdrawal? ( Sorry, I had to add that )
I know you may hate to hear this, but save that gold to buy tomes for your crew.
By the time you reach max level you can farm the Tower of Moo Manchu and achieve your dream of that house.
I've reached max gold so many times I've lost count. The problem is now trying to find things to buy so I don't get max gold all the time, lol the problems of being a rich pirate, you have no idea!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Melody the Swift on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:

Are you putting your companions to work while you don't need them? If you haven't done side quests that reward you with new companions, you should go and do them.They can help increase your nautical experience, fetch you items to sell, or gold, or pet gear that can be sold for gold. Speaking of pets, if you train them with the right games, they will bring back items that sell for 1,020 gold each - Bosun's Whistle, Vaulting Horse, etc.

You can also contribute to quickly achieving your goal of home ownership by questing with a partner and opening Group Plunder chests. Befriend everyone you see (after saying hello and telling them why you want to friend them), and then invite them to port to you and open any random Group Plunder chests you find as you travel. Port to others who find chests.

There are many, many ways to acquire gold in the game, if you just play all of the opportunities.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
I think this may be too complicated to put into the game, especially the gaining interest part of your idea. How much interest? 2%, 5%? Will there be a penalty for early withdrawal? ( Sorry, I had to add that )
I know you may hate to hear this, but save that gold to buy tomes for your crew.
By the time you reach max level you can farm the Tower of Moo Manchu and achieve your dream of that house.
I've reached max gold so many times I've lost count. The problem is now trying to find things to buy so I don't get max gold all the time, lol the problems of being a rich pirate, you have no idea!
Thanks for the advice! Anyways, I do agree that making our banks into an actual bank may be complicated, but if you took out the interest part, it would be less complicated? I was thinking that the amount of interest you earn could go up as you level up, and the amount penalty would do the same. (But I guess that would make it even mor e complicated? XD) I would level up to farm at Moo Manchu but I don't/am not allowed to buy crowns/membership that often and am pretty busy most of the time, so it would probably take a while to get to max level. Thanks again, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
Willowydream on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
Are you putting your companions to work while you don't need them? If you haven't done side quests that reward you with new companions, you should go and do them.They can help increase your nautical experience, fetch you items to sell, or gold, or pet gear that can be sold for gold. Speaking of pets, if you train them with the right games, they will bring back items that sell for 1,020 gold each - Bosun's Whistle, Vaulting Horse, etc.

You can also contribute to quickly achieving your goal of home ownership by questing with a partner and opening Group Plunder chests. Befriend everyone you see (after saying hello and telling them why you want to friend them), and then invite them to port to you and open any random Group Plunder chests you find as you travel. Port to others who find chests.

There are many, many ways to acquire gold in the game, if you just play all of the opportunities.
I should make most of my companions collect gold for me...I used to do that but I forgot/got too lazy to....*facepalms* I'll look into finding equipment to sell, since my pets are pretty high leveled. The only problem about questing with a buddy for me would be that I can only use menu chat so it's pretty hard to explain why I would want to friend them. (Maybe KI could add that?) Thank ye for your tips!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Melody the Swift on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I should make most of my companions collect gold for me...I used to do that but I forgot/got too lazy to....*facepalms* I'll look into finding equipment to sell, since my pets are pretty high leveled. The only problem about questing with a buddy for me would be that I can only use menu chat so it's pretty hard to explain why I would want to friend them. (Maybe KI could add that?) Thank ye for your tips!

It doesn't matter what level your pets are -- they can still be trained even at Level 65. Just send them all to do the Hornpipe and many of them will come back with the Bosun's Whistle. You don't need to feed them pet snacks, either, if you'd prefer to sell those as well. :)

There is a Menu Chat phrase that says "Let's open a Group Plunder chest." I think it's under Activities. Also - on Pirate101 Central and other fansites, there is a forum where you can post looking for in-game help. You aren't the only Menu Chatter around.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Remember that you can pass equipment to your other pirates via the shared bank; feel free to pass along those nice-ish bits of equipment no one is using to the pirate trying to buy the house. And I find I often forget to sell ship equipment I'm not planning to use or duplicate housing items. That will boost your gold decently. Don't automatically sell them at the bazaar though; check what you can get for that stuff in the bazaar and then check with a regular vendor. I often get a bit more at the docks or the housing (or regular equipment) vendor than I would in the bazaar for stuff that lots of folks are selling.