Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ban ... Terra ... Cotta

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 21, 2010
So Frozen tide is more op than terra-cotta, and therefore should be banned? Terra cotta itself stops swashbucklers, frozen tide is more of a one turn stall (takes out hiding from user) and Terra-cotta is a year's worth of stall, while reducing accuracy with glitches, why fix the glitch, when the glitch is too op, take out the glitch. I also think frozen tide should be unbanned :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thunder290f on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
So Frozen tide is more op than terra-cotta, and therefore should be banned? Terra cotta itself stops swashbucklers, frozen tide is more of a one turn stall (takes out hiding from user) and Terra-cotta is a year's worth of stall, while reducing accuracy with glitches, why fix the glitch, when the glitch is too op, take out the glitch. I also think frozen tide should be unbanned :P
Welcome to the message boards! Well, yah the Terror-cotta are bad; but just imagine how bad it will be if the entire outfit is allowed.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
yet another complaint without an option other than BAN IT / why do you bother playing if you can not win just by playing smarter than the other player

Ensign
Dec 14, 2013
I agree, but it has been made fairly clear KI is not likely to ban that terrible curse. I think we best hope they make huge "nerfing" adjustments on it.
I cannot even begin to imagine how much they would have to weaken moo robe to make it no longer a "must have" item to compete, but I am fairly sure that as long as buck and buckler (who seems to gain the most from it) can use it, it will be requiring a major "nerf" to not be a must have item.
As I have said in previous post my bigger complaint is how much reliant it makes the matches on an AI which to me is another reason to ban it or do something to make not everyone have to use it to be one of the best
Almost worse than the AI objection is how it makes matches take so SO much longer and LESS FUN than it would be without that robe.
As far as frosen tide I agree, what is the harm in putting a hat out there than can help witches and muskets in pvp? they need it Maybe could mess up royal though badly!
I wonder if the best way for them to soften the robe is maybe just to reduce the number of cotta? Maybe to fife like other summons used to be? That would also keep it from slowing game down so much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
yet another complaint without an option other than BAN IT / why do you bother playing if you can not win just by playing smarter than the other player
And just HOW do you suggest he does that? Smarter doesn't help when you've been Brutal Charged( which stacks ) by 9 Cotta with Leviathan, Hold the Line and Cheap Shot. If you've faced the Cotta, beaten them AND the pirate using them, we would all love to hear how you did it. ( if you've done it, it's very easy to sit back and say "play smarter" )

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
if you are capable of beating MOO / then you should have no problem wining against a lesser version of them.

Teaching others how to play their character is not my place / but i have a max level character of every class - and have been able to win against them (without using the clay ones myself) on a consistent basis. Perhaps more time playing the actual game would a good idea - instead of worrying about making the side game easier for you to play.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
And just HOW do you suggest he does that? Smarter doesn't help when you've been Brutal Charged( which stacks ) by 9 Cotta with Leviathan, Hold the Line and Cheap Shot. If you've faced the Cotta, beaten them AND the pirate using them, we would all love to hear how you did it. ( if you've done it, it's very easy to sit back and say "play smarter" )
As a Buccaneer,
Step 1 - Hide and move comps behind you
Step 2 - Bum rush the Pirate with yours to chain them! :)
Step 3 - Kill there Pirate GG

As a Privateer
Step 1 - Big Guns when they 1st turn summon
Step 2 - Big Guns again and they're dead! :D

As a Musketeer
Step 1 - move to the edge of the map and raise barricade
Step 2 - kill one at a time

As a Witchdoctor
DRAIN SPAM FOR DAYS

As a Swashbuckler
Why you complaining you got fog!!!!

Sorry but there is a counter to the robe... Only thing that needs to happen to them is remove Vicious Charge completely or at least get the nerf Ratbeard mentioned to work as intended.

Just saying from the perspective of the 2nd Champion and also robeless it's possible. Also I have 3 Moo Manchu robes so I don't see why they're extremely hard to get. Just go win 30k crowns or buy them when they go on the super sale and spam the chest.... It works EVERYTIME....

Stop complaining there were enough buffs to even out the meta. Learn to adapt or be destroyed. Welcome to Survival101 my friend that's ranked pvp. 'Get it or beat it' The moo is getting a change already so stop whining until the Moo Robe fix is working as intended then once you still can't figure out how to counter it you can complain again. :)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
un ban everything!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Virgil would you get lost....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
As a Buccaneer,

As a Privateer

As a Musketeer

As a Witchdoctor
DRAIN SPAM FOR DAYS

As a Swashbuckler

Sorry but there is a counter to the robe... Only thing that needs to happen to them is remove Vicious Charge completely or at least get the nerf Ratbeard mentioned to work as intended.

Just saying from the perspective of the 2nd Champion and also robeless it's possible. Also I have 3 Moo Manchu robes so I don't see why they're extremely hard to get. Just go win 30k crowns or buy them when they go on the super sale and spam the chest.... It works EVERYTIME....

Stop complaining there were enough buffs to even out the meta. Learn to adapt or be destroyed. Welcome to Survival101 my friend that's ranked pvp. 'Get it or beat it' The moo is getting a change already so stop whining until the Moo Robe fix is working as intended then once you still can't figure out how to counter it you can complain again. :)
Fog only does so much ( it' doesn't make me invulnerable ) as soon as I come out of hide, I'm charged, debuffed, opponent attacks me with all comps GG flawless.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
if you are capable of beating MOO / then you should have no problem wining against a lesser version of them.

Teaching others how to play their character is not my place / but i have a max level character of every class - and have been able to win against them (without using the clay ones myself) on a consistent basis. Perhaps more time playing the actual game would a good idea - instead of worrying about making the side game easier for you to play.
When we face the Cotta on floors 9 and 10, we have the support of our team mates - even then there are times when a companion or captain gets utterly FLATTENED when the cotta all swarm on a single target. ( and these aren't a lesser version, in fact, because they're regenerating charges, they're worse ).
Another pirate with Moo Robes and companions is entirely different than the Tower. Imagine how much more difficult the tower would be if the Cotta were paired with the Nefarious Five.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
thunder290f on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
You can actually do really decent with agility buff on full first strike team, just watch fan and toro go crazy. And cotta yu can't control i think its safe to say frozen tide has more POTENTIAL but generally is less useful.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
As a Buccaneer,

As a Privateer

As a Musketeer

As a Witchdoctor
DRAIN SPAM FOR DAYS

As a Swashbuckler

Big guns doesn't do that much damage. It usually deals around 250-300 damage, which isn't enough seeing as they have 1k each. Plus, they're likely to seperate after round one if they dont levy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
When we face the Cotta on floors 9 and 10, we have the support of our team mates - even then there are times when a companion or captain gets utterly FLATTENED when the cotta all swarm on a single target. ( and these aren't a lesser version, in fact, because they're regenerating charges, they're worse ).
Another pirate with Moo Robes and companions is entirely different than the Tower. Imagine how much more difficult the tower would be if the Cotta were paired with the Nefarious Five.
Psssst..................Now don't give Ratbeard any more nefarious ideas.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
My suggestion would be to let the warriors at least keep hold the line, and then get rid of the charges. That way they will be used primarily for defense, which is what witches (like myself) really need, and would not make them game-changing anymore.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Big guns doesn't do that much damage. It usually deals around 250-300 damage, which isn't enough seeing as they have 1k each. Plus, they're likely to seperate after round one if they dont levy.
Lol with my Privy set you have 97 will, on the average Swash set you will have anywhere from 17-25% critical base chance with a staff... They hurt. :)

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
there should a tower hard mode and that should be on it

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
there should a tower hard mode and that should be on it
5 levels in the tower, but with the enemies from 2 floors on them (about 1.5 times the enemies per floor)? (and maybe double drop rates)

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
5 levels in the tower, but with the enemies from 2 floors on them (about 1.5 times the enemies per floor)? (and maybe double drop rates)
15 levels, 1 nefarious member on each floor with 20-35 lvl 68 enemies, 5, 10, and 15 are the boss floors, f5 is all the nefarious plus 10 lvl 70 enemies, f10 is the nefarious 5 with their nefarious sidekicks(lvl 60 versions of the nefarious) and 10 lvl 70 terror cotta, f15 moo manchu and the nefarious 6th(new nefarious member with 20k health and posses all the powers of the lesser nefarious) along with 15 terror cotta all lvl 70, now thats what i call a hard mode, new items for those able to brave the dangers of the 15th floor, a loss means you have to restart the whole tower not just the floor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
15 levels, 1 nefarious member on each floor with 20-35 lvl 68 enemies, 5, 10, and 15 are the boss floors, f5 is all the nefarious plus 10 lvl 70 enemies, f10 is the nefarious 5 with their nefarious sidekicks(lvl 60 versions of the nefarious) and 10 lvl 70 terror cotta, f15 moo manchu and the nefarious 6th(new nefarious member with 20k health and posses all the powers of the lesser nefarious) along with 15 terror cotta all lvl 70, now thats what i call a hard mode, new items for those able to brave the dangers of the 15th floor, a loss means you have to restart the whole tower not just the floor
X Shudders X and is very thankful that Robert isn't part of the creative team at KingsIsle.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
My opinion is still

UN-nerf

UN-ban

Everything / Let players learn how to deal with things and to stop complaining about every little tiny detail