Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions about housing drops and loot tables

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Not sure if these questions should be directed towards Ratbeard or perhaps Mr. Trelawney, but was curious about a few things concerning dropped housing items.

Do housing items have their own loot tables or are they lumped into the 'standard gear loot tables'?

If they have their own loot tables, are housing items all drawn from one housing loot table or multiple 'world based housing loot tables', with the world/enemy/boss then determining which housing items qualify to be dropped in any given situation? Or are there multiple loot tables for the various worlds, each with there own sets of housing drops?

Do mobs in a dungeon drop housing items from the same loot table(s) that the bosses from the same instance(s) drop from? Or are there separate mob and boss 'housing loot tables'?

If one boss drops a specific housing item, will all bosses of equal level and within the same world, also have the potential of dropping the same housing item? For example, if Zeena dropped the Ophidian vs. Manticore statue in Aquila, would all Aquilian bosses have the same potential of dropping it as well.

In essence do all bosses in a given world have the potential of dropping all of the same housing items? or......

Are there any boss-exclusive or unique housing item drops, meaning only to be dropped by one particular boss?

Are there levels or ranks of housing items that are dropped, just as there are with other items, traits, powers received from various things such as card packs, pet training, pet gear, snacks and such? I think that items such as Mini-games are considered Ultra-Rare or possibly Epic, but is there that same tiered classification that goes on with all housing items as well?

Do boss levels in a given world, come in to play at all when it comes to which housing items they can possibly drop?

Oh, one more question, about loot tables and drops in general. I think that loot tables and drops are supposed to come from a random draw. But from a programmers perspective, what is the best explanation as to why during certain times you can partake in a dozen farming attempts and receive nothing but gold and snacks, next-to-none No-Auction items or group chests. And then during another dozen times be bombarded by great drop after great drop, with many No-Auction items and group chests? Is it pure random luck or somewhat of a programming loot 'hot spot', or some other technical programming 'magic' that hopefully you will indulge us with? (Please don't say, just pure random luck)

Sorry for all the questions and for the no real 'rhyme or reason' to them, but I do really enjoy the housing aspect of the game and I also enjoying learning as much as possible about how things work. I'm just not nearly as technically proficient in describing the inner workings of gaming and programming but love hearing about how programming works.

Well, thanks for reading and bearing with the questions and thank you for any answers or insight in regards to them. I appreciate it, as always!

Developer
Sorry, this reply is just based on a skim of your question-- consider it a "drive-by" answer.

If it works for you, great-- if not, I'll have to point Trelawny over here:

Housing loot tables are generally sorted by RARITY and by WORLD.

Mobs from Mooshu will tend to drop Mooshu items, and the elites/bosses from Mooshu will drop the more rare stuff.

Oh, one more question, about loot tables and drops in general. I think that loot tables and drops are supposed to come from a random draw. But from a programmers perspective, what is the best explanation as to why during certain times you can partake in a dozen farming attempts and receive nothing but gold and snacks, next-to-none No-Auction items or group chests. And then during another dozen times be bombarded by great drop after great drop, with many No-Auction items and group chests? Is it pure random luck or somewhat of a programming loot 'hot spot', or some other technical programming 'magic' that hopefully you will indulge us with? (Please don't say, just pure random luck)

Pure random luck? Nothing could be farther from the truth! What is probably happening is that you are catching us during one of our daily team-building tummy-rubbing and head-patting exercises. We start with 5 minutes clockwise and then 5 minutes counter-clockwise, followed by 30 seconds of intense contrariwise rubby-patty. It has been shown to be 99.2% effective in increasing loot drops.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, this reply is just based on a skim of your question-- consider it a "drive-by" answer.

Mobs from Mooshu will tend to drop Mooshu items, and the elites/bosses from Mooshu will drop the more rare stuff.

Pure random luck? Nothing could be farther from the truth! What is probably happening is that you are catching us during one of our daily team-building tummy-rubbing and head-patting exercises. We start with 5 minutes clockwise and then 5 minutes counter-clockwise, followed by 30 seconds of intense contrariwise rubby-patty. It has been shown to be 99.2% effective in increasing loot drops.
"30 seconds of intense contrariwise rubby-patty"

Sounds like someone has been out partaking in a bit of ratty-pubby, if you ask me. CHEERS!

ROFL- touché, thanks Ratbeard. In this case the ROFL stands for Ratbeard's Officially Foolish Linguistics. Hmmm.....maybe it's Robo Onions Fear Llamas.

Anyways, the boards sure needed some good ol' whiskered wit and humor to lighten things up a bit. It's just not quite the same seeing such serious posts from you all the time, without the occasional and hilarious "HAMANA-HAMANA" tidbits thrown out there. Not quite the tech-speak, programming magic-jargon I was going for, but I'll take it......

Thanks for the laugh and insight, though I'm not quite sure what to make of it....or what my questions even were for that matter.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Laughing hysterically. Ratbeard you are a true gem. You had me at Drive-by answer and then had me rolling and in serious danger of a 99.2% chance of snorting ice coffee at my computer again. Please, please never stop.

Community Leader
Ratbeard If I pat your head and rub your tummy would you please make those small tatami mats a bit less rare? Or at least make them actionable?

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Dec 01, 2012

Just one problem,and please address this,the chests disappear in ten minutes and a half.

A three second interval,at the back of the head,between the different pats,is what I advise.And my usual pattern is usually:
''Seven turns contrariwise-three turns clockwise-four turns contrariswise-three turns counterclockwise-seven turns contrariwise.''

And trust me when i tell you I get VERY lucky with drops.I get a LOT of no trade,no auction gear...except none of it is witchdoctor...

But I do get awesome housing items and I love those.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
.....or the game keeps data on where your pirate goes and how many times they farm a specific enemy. It bases the loot tables on that. The rare drop "Luck" as you say is the funny humor of giving you things your not after.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Developer
.....or the game keeps data on where your pirate goes and how many times they farm a specific enemy.

No, we don't do that.

I know other games (... I play other games) where you can eventually "ransack" a particular chest if you loot it too often, but we don't do that.

We're not that tight-fisted.

Ratbeard If I pat your head and rub your tummy would you please make those small tatami mats a bit less rare? Or at least make them actionable?

On second thought, we are that tight-fisted. No mats for you!

I will say, since that's a Mooshu item, I can think of at least one very good place you will soon be able farm for that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
If I could re-ask a couple questions, as follow questions.....(not that your response wasn't enlightening)

Do bosses that drop higher end housing items, all drop the same items across their respective worlds and their levels? So, for example, if Zeena drops several of The Immortals statues and the Minotaurs drop several as well-- is it safe to say that all Aquilan bosses can drop them too?

Or are certain items, such as the Ophidian and Manticore Artworks, restricted to only being dropped by a couple of the Aquilan bosses- since they are No Auction items?

Are there more Aquilian Artworks out there? I know this may be telling, but if there are more I just have to acquire them-- they are amazing and the graphics and artwork team really outdid themselves with those!

And this question is one that arose from the naming of some housing items and is merely about satisfying my own curiosities, and also may be more of a question for Mew.

What is the difference between Aquilan and Aquilian? I see both varieties on items in the game and throughout dialogue and story telling within the game. Is Aquilan used as an adjective for proper nouns or to describe belonging to the land of Aquila and it's people, proper-- and Aquilian used as a descriptive adjective for common nouns, such as many of the housing items? So it would be Aquilan for describing the Eagles, creatures and Gods of Aquila and Aquilian just to describe items?

Not sure, Ratbeard, but I don't think that a patty-rubby response will do the trick with these. But any insight by you or any other highly qualified staff member will surely be appreciated!

Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You have started a fad, nay, a phenomenon, Ratbeard! All across the nation, as well as other countries; there are pirates staring at their screens and doing the "head pat-tummy rub shuffle"!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
You have started a fad, nay, a phenomenon, Ratbeard! All across the nation, as well as other countries; there are pirates staring at their screens and doing the "head pat-tummy rub shuffle"!
Ohhhhhhh.....

You are supposed to do it while playing the game?....no wonder that wherever I go, everyone looks at my family with that "I feel so sorry for you" look in their eyes!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Ohhhhhhh.....

You are supposed to do it while playing the game?....no wonder that wherever I go, everyone looks at my family with that "I feel so sorry for you" look in their eyes!
My favorite Valkoor quote:

''Mama didn't raise no fool.No,that took years of intense training.''

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Ohhhhhhh.....

Don't worry,I've been doing it before submitting tests.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry,I've been doing it before submitting tests.
Ooh, great idea Felix! Has it worked for you? I'm going in for an eye exam on Saturday, just want to make sure to pass!

Developer
Did someone call for me?
I have been mighty busy working on making what feels like 3000 cat scratching posts. But with all these new pets in the houses, we have to make sure they don't tear up the furniture!

As for your questions about the types of items and where they come from. That Ratbeard and I set things up so that if you are in Skull island you will get Skull island housing items. Each world has its own common, uncommon and rare housing items and they are placed on common, uncommon and rare creatures. Some very rare items may only come from 1 creature, others that are more common might come from 100. Others may only be obtained by getting a badge or completing a quest. Some still are reserved for the crown shop or our packs.

If that doesn't answer your question then you might need more of that head patting and belly rubbing stuff Ratbeard is always going on about.

Now if you don't mind I have to polish a few thousand water dishes

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
You know, I would love to see this intense workout video of all the staff in a behind the scenes blog about all the fun stuff that goes on. Maybe have the staff act out the funny things they've talked about in the forums as well as just funny stuff that they would like to do. I think that would be enjoyable to watch. :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Mr. Trelawny on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Did someone call for me?
I have been mighty busy working on making what feels like 3000 cat scratching posts. But with all these new pets in the houses, we have to make sure they don't tear up the furniture!

As for your questions about the types of items and where they come from. That Ratbeard and I set things up so that if you are in Skull island you will get Skull island housing items. Each world has its own common, uncommon and rare housing items and they are placed on common, uncommon and rare creatures. Some very rare items may only come from 1 creature, others that are more common might come from 100. Others may only be obtained by getting a badge or completing a quest. Some still are reserved for the crown shop or our packs.

If that doesn't answer your question then you might need more of that head patting and belly rubbing stuff Ratbeard is always going on about.

Now if you don't mind I have to polish a few thousand water dishes
Why thank you for the answers-- they did help quite a bit. Ooh, very rare items from only 1 creature or boss...hmm, I wonder if the Ophidian VS. Manticore Statue I got from Zeena, fits that description. Or double hmmm, I wonder if that is a reference to certain pets, since they are now considered housing items. Now, I do apologize for interrupting all of your work. Scratching posts, ooh......sounds as if a new kitty is on the loose in the Spiral, many new kitties that is.

I bought a few of the new Grizzle packs and I saw much of your handiwork on display-- very nice job and very impressive! So many new housing items to give our homes a new lift and added flair, as well as our critters something fun to do.

I'll take your answers and run with them....I don't necessarily trust answers coming from someone patting and rubbing with a hook for a hand. I could hear Bonnie now............."Put a cork on it ya git!"

Oh, just a couple last questions for you and then I'll leave you to your water dishes. Is your board name spelled wrong and if so is was it done on purpose? I know in the game it is spelled Mr. Trelawny. I incorrectly spelled it Trelawney-- yet, surprisingly Ratbeard spelled it correctly, or at least the way it is spelled in the game. So, is your board name Treelawny just a play on the name and your role as a "Housing Sprucer-upper". You know the whole tree on the lawn thingy.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, great idea Felix! Has it worked for you? I'm going in for an eye exam on Saturday, just want to make sure to pass!
Hey, just got the results from a physics test I took earlier this week(the one I was talking about above; immediatly at the beginning of the year, to see how much we forgot from last year).I was SO excited because,I not only managed to finish ten minutes earlier,but I also got 27 points out of a total of 30!(the fields were dynamics,thermodynamics,pressure and some basics on waves and oscillatory motion.)

You can guess that I tried out Ratbeard's ten minute head patting tummy rubbing routine.People kept looking at me as if I was crazy,and when they asked me,I said:''A bearded talking rodent told me that it would help me with this test.''

That was fun.But again, 27/30, is an amazing score!!!!!!!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
If I could re-ask a couple questions, as follow questions.....(not that your response wasn't enlightening)

Do bosses that drop higher end housing items, all drop the same items across their respective worlds and their levels? So, for example, if Zeena drops several of The Immortals statues and the Minotaurs drop several as well-- is it safe to say that all Aquilan bosses can drop them too?

Or are certain items, such as the Ophidian and Manticore Artworks, restricted to only being dropped by a couple of the Aquilan bosses- since they are No Auction items?

Are there more Aquilian Artworks out there? I know this may be telling, but if there are more I just have to acquire them-- they are amazing and the graphics and artwork team really outdid themselves with those!

And this question is one that arose from the naming of some housing items and is merely about satisfying my own curiosities, and also may be more of a question for Mew.

What is the difference between Aquilan and Aquilian? I see both varieties on items in the game and throughout dialogue and story telling within the game. Is Aquilan used as an adjective for proper nouns or to describe belonging to the land of Aquila and it's people, proper-- and Aquilian used as a descriptive adjective for common nouns, such as many of the housing items? So it would be Aquilan for describing the Eagles, creatures and Gods of Aquila and Aquilian just to describe items?

Not sure, Ratbeard, but I don't think that a patty-rubby response will do the trick with these. But any insight by you or any other highly qualified staff member will surely be appreciated!

Thank you!
The Aquilan-Aquilian part is more of a Blind Mew question than a Ratbeard/Mr.Trelawny qustion.That question asks about some ingame lore.Also, keep in mind Blind Mew and his crew write the names of in.-game items as well as the visions for them.I'd poke the blind old cat if I were you.(That sentence came out wrong)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey, just got the results from a physics test I took earlier this week(the one I was talking about above; immediatly at the beginning of the year, to see how much we forgot from last year).I was SO excited because,I not only managed to finish ten minutes earlier,but I also got 27 points out of a total of 30!(the fields were dynamics,thermodynamics,pressure and some basics on waves and oscillatory motion.)

You can guess that I tried out Ratbeard's ten minute head patting tummy rubbing routine.People kept looking at me as if I was crazy,and when they asked me,I said:''A bearded talking rodent told me that it would help me with this test.''

That was fun.But again, 27/30, is an amazing score!!!!!!!
Well, congrats on your superb score Felix. WAY TO GO!!! Hey, who knew that I knew so much about known physics? Everyday I practice some basic waves (and some highly advanced ones too) and incorporate oscillatory motion with so many of them. My favorite is the Queen Elizabeth with a pirate hook motion at the end.

Don't ever tell Bonnie that Ol' Cap'n Fresh Step may actually know what he is talking about. She seems to think that the only knowledgeable thing that comes out of his mouth, is a hairball resembling Einstein (could also be mistaken for Buckwheat, though).

Again, congrats on the EPIC score!!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Aquilan-Aquilian part is more of a Blind Mew question than a Ratbeard/Mr.Trelawny qustion.That question asks about some ingame lore.Also, keep in mind Blind Mew and his crew write the names of in.-game items as well as the visions for them.I'd poke the blind old cat if I were you.(That sentence came out wrong)
Yeah, I kind of figured that the Aquilan-Aquilian question was more for Mr. Mew, that's why I directed it more towards him in my Not So Grand Inquisition , but I thought that since the majority of instances with -ian were associated housing items in the game, that possibly one of the other fine gentlemen would be able to provide some insight. Plus I was just too lazy to start another thread topic at that particular moment.

So I will have to inquire to Mr. Mew about that........but I for sure ain't poking no old blind cat, no matter how curious I get!!!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I kind of figured that the Aquilan-Aquilian question was more for Mr. Mew, that's why I directed it more towards him in my Not So Grand Inquisition , but I thought that since the majority of instances with -ian were associated housing items in the game, that possibly one of the other fine gentlemen would be able to provide some insight. Plus I was just too lazy to start another thread topic at that particular moment.

So I will have to inquire to Mr. Mew about that........but I for sure ain't poking no old blind cat, no matter how curious I get!!!
Even if it is related to housing items,I believe that housing item comes as a consequence of a name made up by Blind MEw and his team,combined with a vision,written by Blind Mew and his team.And then that same repeition thing I talk about on Central.

Developer
Even if it is related to housing items,I believe that housing item comes as a consequence of a name made up by Blind MEw and his team,combined with a vision,written by Blind Mew and his team.And then that same repeition thing I talk about on Central.
I get to come up with the names and ideas of most of the housing items, but I always make sure to have Mew and Co read the list over once its done so I don't step on a cats tail so to speak.

As for my name being misspelled. I never have noticed such a thing (nods head.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gotcha Felix.

I just figured that maybe the guys and gals at KI that worked together, may actually get to talk to one another and share ideas and knowledge, during the whole creative process. Kind of like how in my field of construction & carpentry, there are numerous subcontractors that I collaborate with, as a contractor, to create a new home or project. We each are specialized in our respective fields and expertise, but it pays big time to know as much as possible about what the other the contractors and/or subcontractors do, know and provide to the project. And also kind of like how others may create the products and building materials that I use on the job and in my profession, but I still need to know as much about those products as possible to express that knowledge to the client and customer-- especially since I am the working liaison between all parties involved in the building process.

I just thought that maybe some of Mew's knowledge may have leaked out of him and been shared with the group, and thus could possibly be passed on......since The Blind One appears to be rather busy these days tending to sure-to-be important matters.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Mr. Trelawny on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
I get to come up with the names and ideas of most of the housing items, but I always make sure to have Mew and Co read the list over once its done so I don't step on a cats tail so to speak.

As for my name being misspelled. I never have noticed such a thing (nods head.)
Well, now that your name has been corrected (I still like the whole Tree/Lawn thingy though-- surely intentional), it sure does make my posts sound a little bit foolish. (shakes head)