Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please, add more books and make them cheaper

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
As we level, we get more and more NPCs to use. We need more skill books. Sadly, we only get 3 skill books per level and the price keeps going up where it has become untenable to train more than a few characters. Even then, we have to wait for several levels. Please add more skill books and make them less expensive

Secondly, When witch doctors summon NPC skeletons , the level of the summoned NPC seems not to coincide with the level of the player or even the level of the NPC characters that are useable. There really needs to be some beefing up of summoned characters in both damage and especially in their health. A typical pet or summoned NPC now has 690 health while my regular NPCs average about 1800-2000 health. They really do need a boost

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
There ways other than leveling up to get more books. You can do side quests or search a few dungeons to find training tomes. The upcoming update will allow the PC to send some of his of her pirate crew to hunt for some training tomes(as long as you're not over the limit.)

Finally you can grind Friar Sand in Mooshu for money so you can buy enough training tomes to level up all your characters to a comfortable level. I doubt KI would reverse the trend of making them more expensive anytime soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
As we level, we get more and more NPCs to use. We need more skill books. Sadly, we only get 3 skill books per level and the price keeps going up where it has become untenable to train more than a few characters. Even then, we have to wait for several levels. Please add more skill books and make them less expensive

Secondly, When witch doctors summon NPC skeletons , the level of the summoned NPC seems not to coincide with the level of the player or even the level of the NPC characters that are useable. There really needs to be some beefing up of summoned characters in both damage and especially in their health. A typical pet or summoned NPC now has 690 health while my regular NPCs average about 1800-2000 health. They really do need a boost
If you boost your will a few times first you will see a noted difference in their level. I did a triple boost and got a summons that was two levels higher than the pirate.

Administrator
sandy20850 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:

Hi! Have you seen the many updates coming soon to Pirate101? These changes are currently on our Test Realm, and I think you'll be happy to discover that companions will soon to be able to earn their own experience through simple jobs like Brawlin' . . . and some of your companions may even be able to participate in Keel-Haulin' to earn Training Tomes themselves!

Great things are just around the corner for Pirate101! Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*