Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion vs Companion Sparring / CvC?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
This I've been thinking about for a while. Pvp has already been well established but I'd love to have a feature, on house pvp sigils at least, to allow our own companions to spar against each other. Like, if left to there own devices, which member of your own crew would win in a duel: Ridolfo or Iago, Bonnie or Zeena, Mormo or Scratch, etc.? I figure this would work like Ally vs Enemy; everything is left to a.i. and the abilities trained on the companions, meaning we have the angled battle view as usual but we don't control the actions, just watching. Since we don't control their moves, thus not going into the checkerboard view, these battles would be relatively quick. Like pvp, the fights can be from 1v1 to 4v4 but, like pet sparring, it's just friendly competition, meaning companions aren't nocked out if they loose. I mainly intend for this to be about companions of a single crew sparring each other, otherwise it might be too much like regular pvp. I just think this would be a good way to test crew members against each other as a quick way of seeing how well their abilities work, plus maybe settling some "who would win" debates (on more equal grounds considering different people train up their crew differently).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Idk any companion with a high crit chain would easily be the best in said arena

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aren't companions already fighting companions in PVP? Who goes into a PVP match without at least one companion?

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
Idk any companion with a high crit chain would easily be the best in said arena
I don't remember seeing anything in the stats panel regarding the chance for critical so a critical chain would only be up to random chance. I know there's a privy spell that increases crit chance but no companion to my knowledge has that spell. And as I said, we do not command our companions in "CvC" so it's all based on a.i. and their own trained abilities.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything in the stats panel regarding the chance for critical so a critical chain would only be up to random chance. I know there's a privy spell that increases crit chance but no companion to my knowledge has that spell. And as I said, we do not command our companions in "CvC" so it's all based on a.i. and their own trained abilities.
x cough Fan Flanders, El Toro, Wing Chun, Marchioness, etc... cough x

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Serpent10611 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
First off it's not random chance it depends on wether you will hit or not so let's say it's 100 accuracy to 80 dodge and you hit that leaves a 20% chance to critical

Secondly I think Sarah can increase her critical chance by 10%

Finally AI sounds boring as just watching our companion fight another companion