Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Melee Companions can combat Knockback Bombs

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I have basically stopped playing in Ranked PvP because I have fought no one but Musketeers /w a bunch of knockback bombs. They are always set up with Nausica, Bonnie Anne/Zeena, and Chantal, and have all the moo gear, meaning they have fife or six of the Knockback bombs. The person sets up 2 knockback bomb sets around themselves, resetting them every time they disappear or are destroyed by my minions. If any of my companions try to attack, then they are stopped by the bombs, and are left open to be criticaled by the companions, which usually have double tap 2, burst fire 2 and Overwatch x. Is there anyway to counter this? I managed to get Warrior rank before this started happening to me.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Voodoo Cornelius on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
I have basically stopped playing in Ranked PvP because I have fought no one but Musketeers /w a bunch of knockback bombs. They are always set up with Nausica, Bonnie Anne/Zeena, and Chantal, and have all the moo gear, meaning they have fife or six of the Knockback bombs. The person sets up 2 knockback bomb sets around themselves, resetting them every time they disappear or are destroyed by my minions. If any of my companions try to attack, then they are stopped by the bombs, and are left open to be criticaled by the companions, which usually have double tap 2, burst fire 2 and Overwatch x. Is there anyway to counter this? I managed to get Warrior rank before this started happening to me.
Musketeers only get ONE Tempest of Torpedo power (Knockback bombs). The bombs from the Moo Manchu gear, while powerful, are not knockback bombs.

You can identify which ones are the knockback bombs based on their sound or look when they drop, but you have to be paying attention to pick up such small difference. Once you know where he dropped the knockback bombs, you can avoid those and just go through the other bombs if needed with shields.

Swashbuckler companions are great at running through bombs and traps due to their alert talent that reduce damage from traps by 50%. Give them a fortress and you could have a Swashbuckler companion clear a line through the bomb field while taking very little damage.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Alex Hawkins on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Musketeers only get ONE Tempest of Torpedo power (Knockback bombs). The bombs from the Moo Manchu gear, while powerful, are not knockback bombs.

You can identify which ones are the knockback bombs based on their sound or look when they drop, but you have to be paying attention to pick up such small difference. Once you know where he dropped the knockback bombs, you can avoid those and just go through the other bombs if needed with shields.

Swashbuckler companions are great at running through bombs and traps due to their alert talent that reduce damage from traps by 50%. Give them a fortress and you could have a Swashbuckler companion clear a line through the bomb field while taking very little damage.
Really? It seems that whenever I go into those bombs I end up bouncing around, maybe I have just had bad luck. Thanks for the advice.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Voodoo Cornelius on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
Really? It seems that whenever I go into those bombs I end up bouncing around, maybe I have just had bad luck. Thanks for the advice.
Yup. Maybe you have just been unlucky and walking into the only set of knockback bombs every time

What I suggest is grabbing a Musketeer friend and going to the Spar Chamber or one of the housing PvP arenas and tell him to drop his two types of bombs. There is a slight difference between the knockback bombs and non-knockback ones. Once you can pick up that small difference in both sound and visual when they drop, then you should never get fooled again in PvP about which set is the knockback bomb. And since they can only carry one, once you see them drop it, you can avoid that 3x3 area.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Alex Hawkins on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
Yup. Maybe you have just been unlucky and walking into the only set of knockback bombs every time

What I suggest is grabbing a Musketeer friend and going to the Spar Chamber or one of the housing PvP arenas and tell him to drop his two types of bombs. There is a slight difference between the knockback bombs and non-knockback ones. Once you can pick up that small difference in both sound and visual when they drop, then you should never get fooled again in PvP about which set is the knockback bomb. And since they can only carry one, once you see them drop it, you can avoid that 3x3 area.
Thanks. Good Idea.