Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Maximum Critical Rating. . . . again.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
So, a while ago I made a post asking about The maximum possible Critical chance. it was pretty long and fairly detailed, and got no attention at all from anyone who knew an answer. So, I am gonna post a simplified version of the same post. enjoy.

The maximum critical rating from strength/agility/will is shown as 25%. can the critical buffs of a swashbuckler or privateer still boost the critical rate if you have the maximun chance for SAW?

thanks to anyone who knows an answer.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Blixet on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
So, a while ago I made a post asking about The maximum possible Critical chance. it was pretty long and fairly detailed, and got no attention at all from anyone who knew an answer. So, I am gonna post a simplified version of the same post. enjoy.

The maximum critical rating from strength/agility/will is shown as 25%. can the critical buffs of a swashbuckler or privateer still boost the critical rate if you have the maximun chance for SAW?

thanks to anyone who knows an answer.
He already answered that question in the below thread.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/combat-s-s-for-ratbeard-re-critical-strikes-8ad6a41545d5c01a014605eddcaf7df6

3] Does extra buffing beyond the +25% max, have any additional influence on the Critical Hit success rate and/or level or is the extra buffing just applied to boosting your actual damage output numbers only?

"No. Yes." - Ratbeard

Developer
1) You cannot increase your critical bonus gained via Stats above 25%.

2) The critical hit chance CAN be increased by other means (eg Privateer buffs).

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Ratbeard on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
1) You cannot increase your critical bonus gained via Stats above 25%.

2) The critical hit chance CAN be increased by other means (eg Privateer buffs).
thanks for the info! so then, if'n ya dont mind my good sir, I have another question (or rather, I just want to check something to make sure I am not misunderstanding it).

3 privateers and a SWB are in a fight. each of the PRVTs use all their critical buffs, and the SWB uses his as well. then, he attacks a target with the 25% bonus agility critical buff. if all those apply, does the SWB have a TOTAL critical chance of 25+25+15+15+15, from the privateer buffs, or do the privateer critical buffs not stack, in which case it would be 25+25+15? (both of these are absurdly high critical rates, I would just like to know what it would take to get the highest possible crit chance.

Again, thanks for the answer! I love how active you guys are with the community.

Developer