Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Enter Now vs Team Up

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
When the new team up feature was in Test Realm, my feedback was that it was going to be a hassle to ALWAYS have to choose "Enter Now" in order to begin a dungeon. Now that this feature is Live, I find that it IS a hassle. I almost never want to choose the Find a Team option, and I really dislike having to click with the mouse after hitting "x" as there is no keystroke to choose the "Enter Now" option.

Couldn't the countdown timer start as it normally would, and the "Find a Team" option then appear to be optionally clicked afterward? Is there some other solution to this? Because, for me, it is an annoyance that is detracting from the game.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
Y'know how you can quickly scroll through dialogue with the "Space" key? Perhaps "Space" could be used to select "Enter Now".

This would change the keystrokes from "W > X > Move Mouse > Click" to "W > X > Space".

Only one more keystroke from the way things used to be, no mouse movement required.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Really, an extra click of the mouse is that annoying? Takes too much time? I don't understand why you're complaining about this feature. I think it's brilliant!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It is kind of awkward to enter a dungeon now. Also when the find a team enter now window opens its hard to see if the person your entering with is even on the sigil.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Really, an extra click of the mouse is that annoying? Takes too much time? I don't understand why you're complaining about this feature. I think it's brilliant!
Yes, I'm sorry, I do find it THAT ANNOYING. I tend to use the keyboard most of the time unless I have to use the mouse. If I was clicking with the mouse anyway, it would be no big deal at all, but having to stop typing to find my mouse and locate the pointer and click, when I used to just have to click "x" to start the sigil timer, it just detracts from my game. I fight bosses five and six times in a row on each of my pirates, so having to do this over and over again when it isn't necessary is annoying.

It would certainly be brilliant if the timer started anyway and the Find a Team was an option that needed an additional click. I don't know why we are faced with the choice each and every time we step on a sigil when it is not necessary.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I always click the enter now, since I am used to soloing in most dungeons. Compare to wizard101, most pirate 101 dungeons are short ,in my opinon. It's a mixed feeling for a veteran player like me,sure most dungeons are short and fairly short time to pass in my opinon. Then again how about those long ones, like Moo Manchu tower, La Marianda, Beachhead and Dusty Arroyo. Sometimes working as a team not only shorten the duration of these long and challenging dungeons,it also make it more fun with other players.

I don't mind the feature, it's a great addition to get help faster and progress the storyline faster.

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
I agree on this, I think it would be better if KI changed it to the way it is in Wizard101: X to Enter Now, or click a button to Team Up.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Playing on two accounts, this becomes even more annoying. My two pirates are now in separate dungeons because of lag between clicking "enter now" on each window.

PLEASE address this!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Maybe they could make an option to turn off the team up feature?

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
the part I don't like about this feature is the lag time When going in the door with others the timer is almost done most times before I ever have the chance to hit x Once and a while we have to exit and all try to enter together again