Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

White Buffaloon meat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Thank you for that Jack, but if the drop rate was improved, I would hate to think what it was before. Honestly, 20 kills of white buffaloon, and no meat? That can't be an improvement surely?
that has been all day today.

Please, consider looking again, its getting very frustrating :(

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
The update last night addressed the missing white buffaloon in the skyways and also improved the drop rate!
Yes, it made them findable, but did not adress the drop issue. Over 20 combats today with whites, no drop of the 'meat'. I think they set the success rate to zero instead of enhancing.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
The update last night addressed the missing white buffaloon in the skyways and also improved the drop rate!
I spent almost about 6-7 hours trying to get this yesterday around 2pm and I did it nonstop and never got anything they might have changed the drop rate from .01% to .02%

Administrator
Looks like we need to take another look at the drop rate here. Stay tuned!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Today is my 4th day on this quest and still no luck. I think I might just put my Musketeer on hold until this quest gets fixed.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
I also never got it. This is blocking progress from our game and blocking story progression. If this isn't resolved, I will be very disappointed and will put my Swashbuckler to rest (as in rarely play as him again unless the drop rate is fixed). I was so desperate to get it, I even begged the game to give me it. :P Either it's our luck, or it's true I:

Ensign
Jan 15, 2010
this is getting rediculous. i have been fighting white buffaloons in big sky for a week. and still it hasnt dropped any meat to take to brother wolf. i have lost track of how many fights. what is up with this?

Ensign
Jan 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Looks like we need to take another look at the drop rate here. Stay tuned!
please fix the drop rate on this! It's beyond frustrating having to fight endless amounts of White Buffaloon and Buffaloon in order to get ONE piece of meat, especially when at level 26 it's still hard to deal with them effectively.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2012
um.............

i was reading this post and i was really warried about this quest but when i got up to it.............well

i kinda got it first try

Ensign
Feb 23, 2011
I have been on this quest for a week now and have lost count of how many times I have tried to get white meat. Have put swashbuckler on hold until this is fixed, but if it isn't sorted out soon, I will have witchdoctor with the same problem!

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
I think that you were incredibly lucky then :)

Tomorrow, it is a week since a friend and I took this on, and still no white buffalo meat :(

I am wondering if anyone can give us an update on this one?

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Thank you for addressing this problem, but....I am not sure I understand.

I did it this morning, took 4 goes, and eventually got it.

But, then the quest changed and now says got 1 of 8.

Original quest says get bufafloon meat, then it changes to needing 8.

So, 4 fights to get 1,means 32 fights and now going to take days again :(

It's getting so frustrating, and incredibly boring :((((

Ensign
Oct 17, 2011
I have been stuck on this quest for about 2 days, sadly the more it gets looked at the more it seems unfixed. I might be unlucky but after the maintenance this morning, half my crits dont hit and the buffaloon first strike, vengeance strike 2 to 3 times on a standard attack... having 6 to 8 attacks a round on a normal creature is just plain weird ......

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
Bloodcross74 on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
I also never got it. This is blocking progress from our game and blocking story progression. If this isn't resolved, I will be very disappointed and will put my Swashbuckler to rest (as in rarely play as him again unless the drop rate is fixed). I was so desperate to get it, I even begged the game to give me it. :P Either it's our luck, or it's true I:
I just got it yesterday, I don't know why but when I ported to my friend, who was also doing this quest, and helped him fight them for one time, and I got it. Is it a better chance if you go on other's ships or something?

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
I thought you might like some statistics for this quest.

It took me 4 hours yesterday and 3 and a half this morning, to complete this.

A total of 7 and half hours containing 31 fights.

On average it take 8-10 mins for each fight, and 5 fights to get 1 piece of meat.

On average you fight 4 buffaloons. 1 white with health of 1256, talents of vengeance, flanking and blade storm, 1 dark brown, with health of 767, vengeance, blade storm, relentless, mediums with 765 and 850 health, same talents. /sometimes you do get 5 buffaloons
You may get 2 companions to help, or 3, and depending on which companions you get, the fights can be hard or very hard.

It is a very frustrating quest, and boring doing the same thing over and over. Unless you use mojo potions, you will have to go back to a fountain after each fight.
I dont believe that KI intended this for the quest, yet I dont know why there is such a problem with it.

I have to help a group partner do this when she comes back next week, and cant say I am looking forward to it

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Thank you for fixing this.
I saw it was changed to collect 8 pieces now.

Still it only took me a little over an hour to collect them.

I am glad Ki did not make it too easy.
Otherwise it would just be boring to do.

Thanks again for fixing it.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Peabotz on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:

Thats interesting, it took me over 7 hours, yet you collected 8 pieces in an hour?

Whjy would that happen, it just doesnt make sense :(

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Peabotz on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:

I was just looking at this again, and wonder about it being easy for some and not for others.
To do this, collect 8 in just over an hour would mean 8 fights with at last 4 buffaloons a time, and get a drop every time.

I am totally baffled :(

Ensign
Feb 23, 2011
I finally did this after the changes but it still took me 25 fights and a total of almost 6 hrs. Many of those fights had 5 buffaloons which really added to the time involved. I would never ask for "easy", but I found that totally boring and frustrating in the extreme.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
the buffaloon meat and the hide are annoying i have been at this for 2 days with no drops wizards collection isn't this hard and someone else i saw addressed this as well the attacks of buffaloons and other mobs ect in cool ranch( generalizing here its the entire place) are higher then players and champions of the same level or some of my champions are higher level then them few of the mobs are gray and they woop my champions and myself way to much damage and that's is first round! maybe check that as well.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
Thug99: I agree this quest takes forever and it is kinda annoying that you only get one white buffaloon per fight but you had said sometimes you wont even get one If you go near the small island near elder bluff there are a lot of roaming white buffaloons . Maybe this might help you with that meat quest. cya in the spiral

Ensign
Apr 16, 2010
Why can't I collect white buffaloon meat? I have killed probaby 20 and still have only collected 1. Is there something I need to do to collect these?

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
maclin882 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Thats interesting, it took me over 7 hours, yet you collected 8 pieces in an hour?

Whjy would that happen, it just doesnt make sense :(
I don't know what to tell you.

Actually the time might be closer to an hour and a half.

Before the change, I spent all day Saturday and Sunday, on and off, doing it.
Got nothing those two days.

I'm just glad it is working better.
It still might need a little tweaking though.
Considering so many are seem to be having trouble.

I'm just glad I finally got through it.

Hope you all get through just as quickly.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2010
This is STILL not fixed...the white Buffaloons are there...but drop rate for me has been 1 in the last hour, out of 9 attempts...unacceptable imho. Please Fix

Ensign
Jan 12, 2012
I am having the same issue. I have just moved on to other quests for now