Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

White Buffaloon meat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2009
I am currently expirencing issues with collecting the White Buffaloon meat. Not only is it very rare that one joins the fight, but when I do defeat one I don't even get the meat.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
2 hours 50 minutes and, on the positive side, 15,000 gold richer, I finished collecting my white buffaloon meat and the 8 regular buffaloon hides but my husband is now continuing solo to see if maybe that will increase his chances to finally collect that 1 elusive piece of meat. It seems a little much that it's both impossible to tell when one will enter your battle and that the drop rate is so low.

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
Yep. After one of the battles I noticed a message flash across the screen (almost missed it) saying something like "gathered 1 of 8 hides." Hides? I thought we were gathering meat? 8? Are you kidding? It took hours to get 1!!

Ensign
Feb 28, 2011
I've come across several people that are finding it difficult to get this meat also. I did manage to get one on board and told a friend that was having difficulty to port to my ship. She got the meat, and I didn't. I had four active quests needing me to fight buffaloons, and I was able to complete all four without getting the white buffaloon meat. Eventually, I just kept fleeing to the nearest island, getting health, and going back out until I finally did get a white buffaloon. I did get the meat from it the second time. Hope that helps. BTW, the friend that did get it the first time, said KI was going to fix this issue. Also, she tried five hours a day for three days before she got it with my help. Took me about three hours.

Community Leader
This quest reminds me of the Lion ravager staff quest from Zafaria in W101 with it being so difficult to collect it. I tried 15 times today and it keeps saying "did not collect, try again" Wondering if its a glitch? I tried changing realms and still nothing, unless I just have horrible luck. Lol

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I too am having trouble getting the white buffaloon meat. Not only is it rare to get a white buffaloon, but when I do get one and defeat it and it's other buffaloon buddies, I don't get the meat. I didn't have this issue in beta, but I'm having it now and it's very annoying (I've fought about 5 or so at the time of this post and still haven't gotten it).

I understand that KI said that the chances of getting an item go up if you fail to collect it, but they still really need to look at the drop rate for this quest and some of the other defeat and collect quests.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
same for me, getting sick of this pirate101 already, did not collect issues big time, also, the cooper roost quests are one sided, how is it possible that my spells or hits or whatever they are landing less damage than do anywhere else?

my companion damage is way too low to beat the creatures here, also, all the powers they are suppose to have are not working

why cant i have more than one of the high damage hits, the beginning low lvl hits are useless

how is it that i am facing 4 or 5 400 to 500 health eenemies and only 2 companions show up, and, usually the companions i don't want to show up, also, the damage inflicted by the enemy is twice as much as me and my companions, truly unfair

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Oh, my goodness. This quest has me so frustrated, I want to throw in the towel.

The Cool Ranch quest: "If I Were a Rich Rooster", where you have to collect 8 Buffaloon hides. PLEASE raise the drop rate for this and other similar quests. Having to fight Buffaloon over and over and over and over again is becoming extremely LONG and tedious - to the point where I want to throw my computer across the room.

I have now fought 20 battles, and have only collected 5 of 8. We're talking 3-5 Buffaloon on your ship per battle. That means I have fought between 60-100 of these and only received 5 hides so far. See my frustration?

Battles in P101 are long or longer in trying to collect something. It would be much much easier, if we had to fight 8 Buffaloon (or even 10-12), rather than try to collect X items.

Community Leader
This quest is a weird one: I did it in Beta:

The white buffaloon is a boss that will randomly in the battle with the normal brown buffaloons :)

HAppy to Help

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
This quest is without a doubt the worse I have ever experienced. This from a player who has multiple max players in both WOW and Wizard 101. Not only is the spawn rare (I mean really rare) but you get so sick of getting only brown buffalo you just flee when you do. I have killed at least a dozen white bufffalo and no meat. One can only hope KI takes a look at this quest or I'm done; heck I'll go goof around in Wizard at least it's fun.

Community Leader
The problem with this quest is that there is a "chance" of getting a white buffaloon, and then "IF" you get a white buffaloon there is a "chance" you might get the required meat.

The irony is that where it asks you to get the white buffaloon meat (in big sky or tumbleweed), the white buffaloon is very scarce. If you go over to Coopers Roost, the white buffaloons show up in nearly every battle.

This is definately a frustrating combination, a chance at getting a chance...

There is a similar quest requiring swords from samorai warriors in mooshu. No warriors to be found, if your lucky enough to get one in battle.. you 'might' get a sword.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
Hi I have had the same issue getting the hides. I checked the boards today and under recent topics it has a reply :

Oct 16, 10:12 AM
One-Eyed Jack

But when I click that link it only goes to the top of the thread and does not show One-Eyed Jacks reply.

Could these be checked - really would like to see that reply.

Thanks

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I saved up my side quests that required me to collect buffaloon meat or pelts so that when I got to the point where I had to collect white buffaloon meat, at least the time spent wouldn't be for nothing; and I didn't have to spend extra time fighting those horrid buffaloons. (I really don't like them anymore.)

When I did get to the quest to collect the white meat, I went ahead and fought like normal, collecting pelts and hides and it wasn't until I was down to one last pelt I had to get that I saw my first white buffaloon. Naturally, I got no meat from it.

After I collected my final pelt, I took the suggestion of another here. If I got to the fight and it was only brown buffaloon, I would, "flee", and be ported back to Elder Bluff, (I think it's called), the island right next to the buffaloon in Big Sky.

I had to do this a total of about 14 times before I finally got my white buffaloon meat. In total, three white buffaloon showed up out of all the times I started a fight, (including when I was playing normally before, collecting pelts and brown buffaloon meat for a total of about 21 times...give or take), and I finally got the white meat on the third white buffaloon.

For me, the rate was about every 7th fight a white buffaloon would show but it took almost 21 incidents before I actually got the meat. For those who fight through all of those games, that is a LOT of fighting and time. It can definitely get frustrating. I highly recommend the flee, port, gather up health and try again approach. It, too, can get a little tedious but it goes a lot faster than fighting 21 times or more.

Community Leader
I got mine yesterday. Things that helped; Looks at map make sure you are right on top of the icon for White Buffaloon. If I was right there on map icon, I got one white Buffaloon each battle. I also found I got mine within a couple battles after I stopped battling with a group of Pirates. I got mine battling them alone within 3 battles. Good luck everyone.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I had three different Buffaloon quests going at the same time, thankfully.

An update to my previous post ...... it took a total of 29 battles to finish the hide quest. The other Buffaloon quests went much easier, including the white meat quest (only took me 3 battles for that one).

Let's see:

29 (battles) = 3-5 buffaloons per battle = A total of 87 to 145 buffaloons defeated just to get 8 hides.

OUCH

Community Leader
Paige MoonShade on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
I got mine yesterday. Things that helped; Looks at map make sure you are right on top of the icon for White Buffaloon. If I was right there on map icon, I got one white Buffaloon each battle. I also found I got mine within a couple battles after I stopped battling with a group of Pirates. I got mine battling them alone within 3 battles. Good luck everyone.
Going to where the arrow ends exactly and engaging buffaloon there, is EXACTLY what we do.
Been there, done that, tried that, doesnt work!!!!

Some people are obviously luckier than others!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
im just gonna take a guess here. the reason it takes so long to get the drop is because there is only 1 you need to get so with less items to collect the more difficult the drop quest is. i also had trouble on this quest on beta but after the 14th battle i finally got the drop. just be patient, you'll get it eventually also

Ensign
Aug 01, 2009
you can find them over by ogalala rock its like shooting fish in pond

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I don't have this quest yet, but I saw a post in another area that suggests the best way is to go to the area where the map shows a White Buffaloon (make sure you are on the icon) and then attack. Another suggestion was that if all you got was Brown Buffaloons, flee, re-heal and try again. Unless you need the Gold or what the Buffaloons drop, this might help speed up this quest.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
Mouser01 you are correct about just fleeing the brown buffalo and where you flee to has 2 chests. I was there so long that i collected over 6,000 gold from them...sadly.

Ensign
Aug 01, 2009
make sure you in the right place if they want big sky buffaloon hides make sure your not in coopers roost
just poiting what you should do

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
I have just contacted support about this one. A friend and I are on our 19th go, and its getting frustrating, and just downright boring.
No-one is expecting, or even wants easy, but this one is bordering on ridiculous.
This kind of quest is the quickest way to lose players, IMHO.
I really hope they look into it, and do something, its just not fun, and it should be fun

Administrator
The issue with White Buffaloon Meat should be taken care of with last night's update!

REJOICE!

(Keep an eye on it for me, would ya?)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
The update last night addressed the missing white buffaloon in the skyways and also improved the drop rate!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 25, 2011
AARRGGHH!!! so far today I have spent several hours and countless fights and STILL have not collected the white buffalo meat. These 'collect' quests are really awful, both here AND in wizard. WHY not just say 'kill 20' and be done with it? I AM in the right place. This is soooooo very frustrating and really NOT fun and wonder if I made a mistake even starting pirates. This is really really really crazy to have to fight so many fights and take so many hours to collect ONE item.