Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
The Onyx Rose on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I only just started CR as lvl 18, and the first enemies I encounter (scorpions in arroyo grande) are 22! Seem fair? (my highest companion is only 19)

Ruthless Richard Radcliffe Lvl 18 Swashbuckler
Well, that does seem a little unfair. But if you never do side quests (like me ) you will find that most of the enemies are higher leveled than you.

Rachel - Level 38

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Cool Ranch actually isn't THAT hard if you play your cards right. I've soloed almost everything in the whole entire game so far and, with the right companions, I find that I can't loose. The main problem for me are the quests when you have to fight (this is the quest I'm on now... ) 12 ships! (I think they are Wild Bunch ships.) That's just SO HARD for me! I always get boarded! But other than that, it's gone pretty smoothly for me so far.

Rachel - Level 33
I finished Cool Ranch recently and I have to say it was pretty simple for the most part. I probably lost a grand total of 4 battles the whole time. I think that's pretty good for someone who never does side quests and is kind of under leveled...

Rachel - Level 38

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
you know how fast a hot knife cuts through butter? That's how fast Kobe's katana slices through banitoads, lagoonies, black storm raiders, skeletal cowboys, the wild bunch, and captain blood. .....really guys, there's a bazaar where you get weapons,armor, and ship parts, and if you don't see anything you want, check again.

thank you Megan, Sonia, Carlos, my cousin andrew, and a few others who helped me get through tough times in CR.

Fiery Kenneth Strong level 37

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It's tough when you first arrive but if you keep going and do a few side quests it gets better. When you are in battle use your skills to your advantage. Don't just run into battle use your buffs first and when you attack make sure your attacks hit mor tham one enemy at a time. Use your terrain and your position well. You will be able to win quickly.

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Personally, CR wasn't too difficult for me. Granted, I did have a helper along the way and the major problem I had was not having my nautical level high enough for this zone. When you get to CR, make sure you start buying the gear and equipping it. Santo Pollo has the best gear, but you don't get to go there right away. I do recall some of the battles being pretty difficult,, but if CR is too stressful, you will probably want to go back and side quests and gain a few levels before you go on to Mooshu, which for me, was the hardest world(I've now finished them all). I do agree with most of the others here too, the buffaloons were insanely too frustrating. But every world has their own enemy like this.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2011
Yeah personally I don't remember feeling that cool ranch was hard; quite simple actually. But the scorpions in arroyo grande is probably the biggest challenge as they're usually higher than your own level so yeah.I had a swashbuckler until lvl 25 and I say a witchdoctor is actually easier in my opinion. So far I think Aquila is by far the hardest compared to level wise and the feeling of almost losing more often. But I absolutely think Cool ranch is wayyyy too long it gets severely boring sometimes as the skyways are endless and the constant shipping across skyways back and forth. Cool ranch is like 35% ship battling/traveling and 65% actual battling /moving on the ground.

Alura Legend Lvl 63

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
I totally disagree with you. Cool Ranch is super easy but I have no idea how for I've gotten and I can't tell you my main quest because it seems to be lost in my other three pages of quests. Of course since I had to wait for a couple of months to go to get my second ship in Jonah town I gained a lot of levels by doing my side quests. I can even tell you how many levels I gained I was at level nine then, and when I got to the part where I had enough crowns to buy that area I was a level fifteen. I had to wait to get more crowns again but I got a membership too. So by the time I arrived at Cool Ranch I was level twenty-three. Then my membership ran out and I had to buy the areas but I couldn't get Santo Polo so I had to wait. I leveled up two times so I was level twenty-five. Then I got a year membership when they went on sale and here I am!

Lindsey the swashbuckler
level 25

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I didn't find it stressful at all just make sure your companions are up to your level and you do side quests .romantic rebbeca ivring max level . Taylor Casper youtube

Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
I started Cool Ranch yesterday at level 16.

I am now a level 21 finding absolutely no problems with cool ranch. You just need to use crits or epic abilities right and always target one enemy at a time. Quoted by many admins, "Don't spread your damage around". Also, when fighting a boss like Monterey Jack, keep in mind a quote I consider famous from the Marcus Cutthroat battle in the very beginning of the game.

"The objective in a battle is to reduce the number of incoming attacks. Marcus is tough, you should attack him last."

What this means, if you don't understand it, is you want to take out one enemy at a time, therefore reducing one incoming attack. The key to winning any battle is to use this extremely important tutorial tip. I reflect on it always, from level 3 to 21.

I wish the best of luck to everyone, and hope to hear that my reflection on the past has assisted SOMEONE. Don't think of CR as hard. Think of it as fun.

Best of luck, Brave Griffin Nightingale, Level 21 Swash
Pedro Parker, Level 5 WD

Ensign
Oct 02, 2013
If you're the one to not do side quests.. (Like me!) Don't worry. I'm at haunted skyway and haven't done a side quest since Santo Pollo! Ask for help, it helps. Hehe. -Scurvy Andrew Capstan, lvl 34 Musketeer

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
asianboss1374 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
you know how fast a hot knife cuts through butter? That's how fast Kobe's katana slices through banitoads, lagoonies, black storm raiders, skeletal cowboys, the wild bunch, and captain blood. .....really guys, there's a bazaar where you get weapons,armor, and ship parts, and if you don't see anything you want, check again.

thank you Megan, Sonia, Carlos, my cousin andrew, and a few others who helped me get through tough times in CR.

Fiery Kenneth Strong level 37
Aww... when Kobe read that, he started blushing!

Ensign
Aug 11, 2013
I am a max level swashbuckler, i have seen all the main quest challenges, i have only 3 that where the hardest for me to solo, which are the following: Hall of Minos(Aquila) Miranda(Cool Ranch) and The battle with rook (Marley Bone Sky way) those i found hard, General Tso was easy for me, all i did was hide using walk in shadows, use my swashbuckler critical buff and then i used assassins strike, i took out an archer since they had the least health, i got an epic assassins strike which did an Epic amount of damage (pun intended) and next round i simply moved to the chicken.

Golden Sergio Lawson-Lvl 65

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
I'm a level 19 Witchdoctor currently questing in Cool Ranch, and honestly it isn't that stressful. Maybe it's because I'm a Witchdoctor and I have low accuracy anyway. The only thing I find frustrating is when my Companions miss, but that's rare too. I guess I'm kinda lucky.
Also, I'm so close to getting El Toro... I can't wait :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Galactic Mindswipe on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 19 Witchdoctor currently questing in Cool Ranch, and honestly it isn't that stressful. Maybe it's because I'm a Witchdoctor and I have low accuracy anyway. The only thing I find frustrating is when my Companions miss, but that's rare too. I guess I'm kinda lucky.
Also, I'm so close to getting El Toro... I can't wait :P
Yes he is well worth waiting for.
Welcome to the message boards family Felix. We love to help each other out, have lots of fun, talk about food, get really creative and make each other giggle. I am so looking forward to more input from you. A good strong witchdoctor is always handy to have around.

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
TheEarthGems on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
is it really that hard for you guys honestly it's not hard maybe your strategy isn't hard I'm all ready at bison village and i haven't had any help I recommend that if you are a use a Slashy weapon that gains bonus from strength and equip gear that gives you strength then your attacks will be stronger and if your a or use stabby weapons that gains bonus from agility and equip gear that gives you extra agility and if your a walk in shadows and walk in darkness doubles your attack and if you are a or use gear that gives will

Captain
May 16, 2011
I find it very unfortunate that no one is thanking these generous people on giving tips for Cool Ranch stress. Thank you, you awesome, wonderful people! I for one partially found Cool Ranch a bit stressful at select times, but that was usually the ship fighting. Now to get the message all around Cool Ranch, I say.....Thank you you wonderful and generous and awesome people for the Cool Ranch stress tips!

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
When you do the sidequest cool ranch is easy and enjoyable. I have just entered the tumbleweed skyway and all I have trouble with is the nautical battles. I loved battling Tyson and then I got him as a companion. See you around the spiral!
Crafty Benjamin Jones level 35

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
My swashbuckler is currently going through Cool Ranch at the moment.
Whenever my swashbuckler is having a tough time I follow what I call "The rules of the swashbuckler".

Basically even if an enemy is tough I will just charge right back in and perhaps change my strategy just a bit, then completely destroy the boss.

Also another great idea is to go back and play a lower level pirate for a bit to take a break from CR.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
If you can, do all side quests BEFORE starting CR. I didn't do that on my main, so i had to take 1 months time to do side quests i i didn't do. ( now i have, like 20 pages of sidequests. )

Ensign
Jun 05, 2012
I've read everything, and honestly Cool Ranch is way too hard. I'm a level 23 Privateer and I'm finding every single mob for side quests orange or yellow Why is this? When I first entered, it was a bit hard but not too impossible, I was level 18 when I first came in and it was relatively easy. When I hit 22 it got harder. Seriously, the enemies can literally kill me and my companions within 3 rounds and all of them are 20 besides my newest one which is 23. It doesn't help that every mob can hit 100+ and that you need so many items from the mobs themselves. I have the absolute best gear that I could find, and still its hard.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Doing the side quests are highly recommended. My swashbuckler has done all the side quests I see and soloed all of Cool Ranch... ALL of Cool Ranch. I didn't die too often either. When it comes to ships, I recommend saving up on coins so you could get a better ship with better equipment and you'll most likely be sinking ships all day!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Celegos on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I've read everything, and honestly Cool Ranch is way too hard. I'm a level 23 Privateer and I'm finding every single mob for side quests orange or yellow Why is this? When I first entered, it was a bit hard but not too impossible, I was level 18 when I first came in and it was relatively easy. When I hit 22 it got harder. Seriously, the enemies can literally kill me and my companions within 3 rounds and all of them are 20 besides my newest one which is 23. It doesn't help that every mob can hit 100+ and that you need so many items from the mobs themselves. I have the absolute best gear that I could find, and still its hard.
Welcome to the message board family Celegos. Yes Cool ranch is meant to be harder. It is to get you used to using some new techniques and to realize the importance of getting your companions trained up. Fighting the same ole way will cause you problems there. You now need to think outside the box and pay attention to who you will be fighting and adjust your fighting styles accordingly. Some things are as easy as placing your crew in the first turn so that they cannot be flanked. This will spare you a lot of extra damage just by standing still. Don't worry, you do not have to rush into the battle, they will come to you. The most I have ever had to pass a crew member because they could not reach anyone was one turn. Trust me, they Will come to you. You also learn to avoid things like steam vents and such things. Timing when you do your quests will help a lot too. For example I hold off on all my buffaloon fights until I get the one for the striped one in the quest to contact Brother Wolf. That way, in doing those fights, you are getting credit for all the other ones at the same time. The same goes for ship fights. Run around and look into areas when ever you come into a new place and pick up all the side quests you can find. Then when you start fighting a ship type, you will get double credit for doing them.
There is lots of help tips for managing cool ranch. Take time to read them and Use those tips. They will help you to become a smarter and stronger player.
All these new skills you are learning at Cool Ranch will be very beneficial as the game gets harder and trickier as you grow. Not to worry, you and you crew will get stronger too so it is manageable as long as you play smart and keep your crew trained and, of course, keep that nautical xp up so you can get the stronger ships you need and can equip them. Those broadside battles become quite pleasant when you have enough ship under you to take them down.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2013
TheEarthGems on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
CR is easy (not easy but not hard)

i'm a swashbuckler

maybe its easy because im a

see ya in the spiral

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yes, especially the collecting quests why did it took me 11+ red sash ships to collect the required item ? This is really unacceptable,my Buccaneer had no issue at all,defeated just one ship.But my Swashbuckler defeated 11 red sash and still did not collect,I feel this is not fair and I am really sick of it, once or twice is fine but more then 3 times is not okay.How much more to my other 3 pirates when they reach cool ranch ?

For example 11+ red sash ships in cool ranch, 9 Armada Ships in Valencia for the item,as a Swashbuckler ( and other pirate classes ) in collecting quests I am not a happy pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
Yes, especially the collecting quests why did it took me 11+ red sash ships to collect the required item ? This is really unacceptable,my Buccaneer had no issue at all,defeated just one ship.But my Swashbuckler defeated 11 red sash and still did not collect,I feel this is not fair and I am really sick of it, once or twice is fine but more then 3 times is not okay.How much more to my other 3 pirates when they reach cool ranch ?

For example 11+ red sash ships in cool ranch, 9 Armada Ships in Valencia for the item,as a Swashbuckler ( and other pirate classes ) in collecting quests I am not a happy pirate.
At least you are building good Nautical xp.