Battle that almost left me in tears

1
AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
I got to Captain Blood in Miranda. He is so hard to defeat. I have tried to beat him about 5 times and failed ALL of my attempts. This is serious and severely tragic. The people who I pick are El Toro (every fight since he deals the most damage) and a few others. But the main problem is when the 2 extra skeleton pop up in the middle of a fight, making it even HARDER to win. I was off with them all yellow and my companions all on low green but they popped up (Undead Hougan and Skeletal Corsair) and took us all out. Tried every strategy I could think of. Get Blood first. Get henchmen first. Power up first. Pick companions with most damage. They all failed. I can't even go to Mooshu because of this!

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
66
that battle was pretty easy for me when i when in solo what class is you pirate?

or you can ask for help

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Focus on the witchdoctor guy and take him out first as he is the one who summons the extra guys.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
I got to Captain Blood in Miranda. He is so hard to defeat. I have tried to beat him about 5 times and failed ALL of my attempts. This is serious and severely tragic. The people who I pick are El Toro (every fight since he deals the most damage) and a few others. But the main problem is when the 2 extra skeleton pop up in the middle of a fight, making it even HARDER to win. I was off with them all yellow and my companions all on low green but they popped up (Undead Hougan and Skeletal Corsair) and took us all out. Tried every strategy I could think of. Get Blood first. Get henchmen first. Power up first. Pick companions with most damage. They all failed. I can't even go to Mooshu because of this!

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35
I know what you mean. That battle was hard for me too. Two of my companions died and Bonnie Anne and I made it out with barely any health. The best advice I can give you (though you may have completed this already) is to use two musketeer companions or two witchdoctor companions (I recommend musketeer though - their accuracy tends to be a bit better) or one of each. For your third companion, use El Toro. I also recommend equipping a pet because if the pet gets put into the battle, (I know this sounds kind of mean) the enemies might focus their attacks on it instead of you. Also, if your using a witchdoctor companion, use Old Scratch and have him summon a skeletal pirate as this will also take the focus off of you (hopefully). And, just keep attacking Captain Blood. If all else fails, ask a higher level to help you out. Hope this helps!

Rachel - Level 38

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
I am a Buccaneer it shows with the s near my name.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
I know what you mean. That battle was hard for me too. Two of my companions died and Bonnie Anne and I made it out with barely any health. The best advice I can give you (though you may have completed this already) is to use two musketeer companions or two witchdoctor companions (I recommend musketeer though - their accuracy tends to be a bit better) or one of each. For your third companion, use El Toro. I also recommend equipping a pet because if the pet gets put into the battle, (I know this sounds kind of mean) the enemies might focus their attacks on it instead of you. Also, if your using a witchdoctor companion, use Old Scratch and have him summon a skeletal pirate as this will also take the focus off of you (hopefully). And, just keep attacking Captain Blood. If all else fails, ask a higher level to help you out. Hope this helps!

Rachel - Level 38
Oh, so what you mean...

El Toro, Scratch, and...

: Billy the Kid, Bonnie Anne, or Monquistan Crossbowman

Pet: Sneaky Sasha (puffer) or Lord Kobe (budgie)

I'll try with Billy, Anne, and El Toro. Thanks!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Focus on the witchdoctor guy and take him out first as he is the one who summons the extra guys.
Oh I didn't know.. WAIT. HE does that?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Just lost to Mayor Grimm. TWICE! I almost wanted to scream. I had very good companions... but even THEY can't defeat the mighty crane rifleman. Anne tried, Kobe and El Toro did a lot of damage but still died, Billy failed eventually, and I suffered the shame and humiliation.

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
57
This is usually my strategy for picking companions with epic battles: Grab the highest musketeer, swashbuckler, and privateer companions. Since you are a Buccaneer, try choosing Billy The Kid, El Toro, and Nadya. I won the battle this way. Also, Try making your protecting powers the highest chance of appearing first, especially Kraken's Lament. If you're having trouble soloing this battle, ask a friend, or ask someone on these forums.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
14
Try bringing some friends along. Dungeons are always faster and more fun if you have some buddies to help you. :)

If you can't find anyone online, here are some tips that might be helpful. I'm sorry if it's not much help, I have literally no experience playing a Buccaneer character.

1. Aim for Captain Blood first. Ignore all the other skeletons, and just surround Blood first and attack him with full force.

2. At the beginning of the battle, try using any buffs. Examples are: Juju and El Toro's buff.

3. If you have Walk in Darkness, use it. You'll become invisible and then you can attack Captain Blood with increased damage.

4. Try using ranged companions like Bonnie Anne or the Bison Musketeers. I used them with my Swashbuckler character and I found the boss battle fairly easy. None of my companions died.

5. If you can, try bringing a Privateer buddy along because their heals and Discipline are very useful.

6. Considering you're a Buccaneer, you can choose Swashbuckler companions because they deal high damage if you decide not to bring Musketeer companions.

I think that's all I have, but truthfully, the dungeon will be much more easier if you just bring some friends with you.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
I can help you with it .once it was hard for me too but i am a level 63 witchdoctor .so it will be super easy .just tell me the time and realm that you go on there at .

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
I'm not there yet, but I'm coming close to it, hope I can complete that. Right now I have to defeat 12 ghost ships (as while I'm typing this) in the Haunted Skyway. I hope you can make it.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 34

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Lavender Lily on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Try bringing some friends along. Dungeons are always faster and more fun if you have some buddies to help you. :)

If you can't find anyone online, here are some tips that might be helpful. I'm sorry if it's not much help, I have literally no experience playing a Buccaneer character.

1. Aim for Captain Blood first. Ignore all the other skeletons, and just surround Blood first and attack him with full force.

2. At the beginning of the battle, try using any buffs. Examples are: Juju and El Toro's buff.

3. If you have Walk in Darkness, use it. You'll become invisible and then you can attack Captain Blood with increased damage.

4. Try using ranged companions like Bonnie Anne or the Bison Musketeers. I used them with my Swashbuckler character and I found the boss battle fairly easy. None of my companions died.

5. If you can, try bringing a Privateer buddy along because their heals and Discipline are very useful.

6. Considering you're a Buccaneer, you can choose Swashbuckler companions because they deal high damage if you decide not to bring Musketeer companions.

I think that's all I have, but truthfully, the dungeon will be much more easier if you just bring some friends with you.
Now I am having trouble getting THERE because I am losing to Mayor Grimm!

And plus, I do not have chat! About 90% of people there own text chat!

No matter what companions I bring, we all still died. I brought along Billy, Nadya, and El Toro and STILL lost!

Oh, and the Swashbucklers Kobe, Milo, and El Toro? Yeah, I'll try that.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
I am crying. Literally. I don't mean to complain and cry a lot, but I have to. I had to suffer frequent betrayal from my OWN companions dozens of times. I had lost to Mayor Grimm about 3 times in a row. My companions were getting the enemies previously. They critical like crazy back then! When we got to Mayor Grimm, it's like everything came to a screeching halt. I sat there and watched my companions lose tons and tons of health! About 100 health per round! At the end of the first round, El Toro was already at yellow. At the end of the second, he was at low red. I used a rouse, but he eventually went back to red, bringing Kobe down to yellow. (I'm sorry! I only invite Kobe based on how strong he is!) When I saw El Toro hit the ground, I watched in shock. Oh, never mind. We triumphed, but I hope this doesn't happen TOO often later.

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Oh I didn't know.. WAIT. HE does that?
OK I think we have to defeat ALL the minions first since they didn't pop up until I got Captain Blood.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
NEVERMIND! I iced that dungeon! Yes! Victory cheers!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Now if only someone can help me with the Ghost ships. I need to sink a dozen.

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
66
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Just lost to Mayor Grimm. TWICE! I almost wanted to scream. I had very good companions... but even THEY can't defeat the mighty crane rifleman. Anne tried, Kobe and El Toro did a lot of damage but still died, Billy failed eventually, and I suffered the shame and humiliation.
man i wish i could help you

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Now if only someone can help me with the Ghost ships. I need to sink a dozen.
Right now I'm defeating Captain Foote and my Froggo Villa just died. Congrats for almost getting to Mooshu.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2009
6
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Now if only someone can help me with the Ghost ships. I need to sink a dozen.
I HATE those Undead Ships. They MOCK me, I tell you. I'm on the same exact part as you, haha. I would help, but I don't have a very flexible schedule as it is.

Griffin Abbot

See ya 'round!!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
45
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Oh, so what you mean...

El Toro, Scratch, and...

: Billy the Kid, Bonnie Anne, or Monquistan Crossbowman

Pet: Sneaky Sasha (puffer) or Lord Kobe (budgie)

I'll try with Billy, Anne, and El Toro. Thanks!
Definetly pick Bonnie Anne because she is EPIC when you promote her to Sniper. If you haven't promoted her yet than go with Billy.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
Now I'm defeating Mayor Grimm (again when I'm typing this) , I died twice already. Congrats if you got to Mooshu

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
6
I had abattle like that today! I cant get past the City Drains, and when I got to the last battle after beating all the Blood Birds,Monkeys, and Spiders, it was almost impossable to beat the last round of mokeys! I died with 4 mokeys remaning. Any help?

Dark Blaze Everheart
Lvl. 13 Witch Docter

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
6
Im a guy, and I almost started crying after losing 8 times in the last battle of the City Drains! I cant beat the last round of mokeys, they always have more soilders than I do, (My Compaians!) I'm a Lvl13 Withdocter. And not even my most powerful spell can get a monkeys life into 50%. Any Tips?

Dark Blaze Everhart

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
22
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
I got to Captain Blood in Miranda. He is so hard to defeat. I have tried to beat him about 5 times and failed ALL of my attempts. This is serious and severely tragic. The people who I pick are El Toro (every fight since he deals the most damage) and a few others. But the main problem is when the 2 extra skeleton pop up in the middle of a fight, making it even HARDER to win. I was off with them all yellow and my companions all on low green but they popped up (Undead Hougan and Skeletal Corsair) and took us all out. Tried every strategy I could think of. Get Blood first. Get henchmen first. Power up first. Pick companions with most damage. They all failed. I can't even go to Mooshu because of this!

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35
That sounds bad. It was hard for me too. A little easier, since I'm a Swashbuckler. Swashbucklers are better against Buccaneers, and alot of the enemies are Buccaneers. Buccaneer on Buccaneer might be hard, so that's why it was a little easier for me. It almost made me lose. I was level 37, I chose Bonnie Anne Sarah Steele and El Toro. I made them all attack Captain Blood and finish him off first. Then, these strange fires popped up. I couldn't get rid of them because of the skeletons. I took of the enemies one at a time, until there were 1 of them and just me and my Cutie Chamelion, the Chalemion down to about 20% and me down to about 35%, the Skeletal Corsair at 40%. We won, barely. Too me, that battle is overpowered. (Well, Maybe not as hard as the battle with Deacon in the Motherlode Mine because there are like 8-12 or 14 armada officers marines and musketeers. You have to fight your way to Deacon and use the cannon to burst out traps.)

Hope this helps, it helped me,

Smart Horace Reade

1