Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
8
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree, but am a bit sad that there is a whole web of combinations that no one has found yet.
"Web"? Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but maybe this "web of combinations" is referring to a family of spider hybrids.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
104
I do have to say that when i combine 2 pets for 30 or 40 times and get nothing I do quit / and the more it happens the less time i tend to try a new combo. The Difficulty of getting something to produce a hybrid is maybe just a tiny touch to much

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
37
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree, but am a bit sad that there is a whole web of combinations that no one has found yet.
I have SO many hybrid theories it's not even funny X-X too many to test out not enough gold.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree, but am a bit sad that there is a whole web of combinations that no one has found yet.
Spiders! Spiders! They want me to tap dance! I DON'T WANT TO TAP DANCE! Here it comes! It's Boris the spider! Creepy crawlie......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
37
(Is hoping that Decius increases that likelihood (aka odds) of a pets making a hybrid cause the number of times I've tried is getting ridiculous.)

CleverBriannaEverr... on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
(Is hoping that Decius increases that likelihood (aka odds) of a pets making a hybrid cause the number of times I've tried is getting ridiculous.)
As a matter of fairness all hybrids have the same chance of being produced. With the cost per attempt being as low as it is, compared to that game where they all have wands and silly hats, it becomes quite economical to become an accumulator of extraordinary creatures.

I would like to point out that some of that gold that Hep charges to attempt a morph goes right to our "Feed the Hungry Bjorn Bjornstein" fund. You would not believe how much he can put away. I sometimes think we could have flown Bestia right past Grizzleheim, but Hep has a soft spot for the wilds of the forest land.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
30 or 40 attempt? I would not go that high. For a time I was tracking the number of attempts to produce "known" hybrids, and I think the longest it took was 17 attempts, and most came in a 12 or less. So on those occasions where I decide to try a combo looking for a new hybrid, I don't go more than a dozen attempts. I tend to spend more of my pet-oriented time working on good combat-worthy companion pets than searching for a new morphing combination, though.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
104
Ok im really confused now Decius

Back in Feb i asked you a question about the odds on hybrids and you replied /

Decius Duelmaster on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Different hybrids have different odds.

and now your saying they all have the same odds /

Which is it please

01Shadowblade on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
Ok im really confused now Decius

Back in Feb i asked you a question about the odds on hybrids and you replied /

Decius Duelmaster on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Different hybrids have different odds.

and now your saying they all have the same odds /

Which is it please
I should clarify, the odds of getting a hybrid from a match of 2 proper parents across the board is currently the same for all hybrids. Except in the situation where 1 combo produces more than 1 hybrid. The 2 of the morph results then = the same % as the rest of the hybrids.

Did that muddy the waters more for you :)

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
37
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
I should clarify, the odds of getting a hybrid from a match of 2 proper parents across the board is currently the same for all hybrids. Except in the situation where 1 combo produces more than 1 hybrid. The 2 of the morph results then = the same % as the rest of the hybrids.

Did that muddy the waters more for you :)
So like with the Habanero Shark and the Tiger Shark, both have the same parents; Sabretoothed Bunny and Thresher Shark?

CleverBriannaEverr... on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
So like with the Habanero Shark and the Tiger Shark, both have the same parents; Sabretoothed Bunny and Thresher Shark?
You got it.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
congrats to dead eye james for his second hybrid discovery this time monocorn dark grey bunnicorn, parents bunnicorn plus ebon spectre :) very cool found late last night/early morning

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
8
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
congrats to dead eye james for his second hybrid discovery this time monocorn dark grey bunnicorn, parents bunnicorn plus ebon spectre :) very cool found late last night/early morning
Wow nice! I haven't seen a Monocorn yet, but another hybrid someone found today, the Black Mambo, I saw in Skull Island, and it looks interesting. It's black and blue spider, with a fruit hat. The first thing that came to mind was "Coral Widow hybrid!", and sure enough, it was!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
69
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Oh I wish I would have thought of the METAL crab first, but then again, those clock work makers are kind of stingy when it comes to pets.

One of your other ideas is right on the money so to speak.

Good luck Morphers!
Metal crab = clockwork spider/ lil' labor golom X rock crab

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
69
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
You might want to take a look at this clue again.

As for that promised clue.
This crab used to play lots of rock and roll, but now he plays....
There's a clue in the T-shirt

We already know about the blues crab (and I think he pinched a hint about multiple rock crabs I think)

I think two skull island macaws might be it. It looks like one. Maybe...
My brain is overloading, you guys just do it.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
149
MadisonWinterHorn on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
There's a clue in the T-shirt

We already know about the blues crab (and I think he pinched a hint about multiple rock crabs I think)

I think two skull island macaws might be it. It looks like one. Maybe...
My brain is overloading, you guys just do it.
Hoggle and Skull island macaw? I am gonna do some testing when i get a chance someone wanna help?

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
103
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
ts been almost a month and the only "new" hybrid I have seen mentioned is the Punk Fish!
Although that one was sneaky on my part, I figured our Super Pet Trainers would have found at least one more. You were so close with one of the hints, I saw the correct combo being mentioned a few times.

But lets ignore the skitters and crawls for a moment and change it up to skitters and crawls again.
But this time its a different combo with a much different and tasty result.

Think of something pink + something that pinches.

There are so many more hybrids to find my pirate friends. I have faith you can find them, although 1 of the most amazing looking ones will be hard, since it comes from a hybrid its self.

And BTW my little spider has gotten a bit bigger.
If we are lucky and Bonnie doesn't block the picture here it is.

[image removed by Bonnie Anne]
Hmm, I did some digging. And apparently there is an animal called Coconut Octopus, and it looks really awesome.

So, for the Pink Crawler I would use Inky Octopus (It has pink dots on its body, the egg is pink and it crawls), for Pinching Skitter I would suggest Coconut Crawlie (it pinches, it is multi colored and the name would fit). Even if I am mistaken about this clue, it could be possible that hybrid like this is out there waiting to be found.

I wouldn't be surprised if these two make Coconut Octopus.

Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Ensign
Aug 30, 2010
4
So I was contemplating Decius' hint about the very pink crawler and the multicolered pinching skitterer, as well as the fact that he said you could mix hybrids to make a new hybrid, and I think I've figured out the multicolored pinching skitterer part. I think it's the Black Mambo. It's multicolored because of the tropical fruits on its head. It definitely skitters, and it even makes a skittering sound as it walks. And its egg is called a "pincjing egg", too!
Also, Decius said it would make a "tasty result", so maybe that fruit basket on its head might amount to something.
And I was just wondering has anyone found Decius' original skitters and crawls hint yet?
~Elizabeth Gunwale lvl 52

Elizabeth Gunwale on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
So I was contemplating Decius' hint about the very pink crawler and the multicolered pinching skitterer, as well as the fact that he said you could mix hybrids to make a new hybrid, and I think I've figured out the multicolored pinching skitterer part. I think it's the Black Mambo. It's multicolored because of the tropical fruits on its head. It definitely skitters, and it even makes a skittering sound as it walks. And its egg is called a "pincjing egg", too!
Also, Decius said it would make a "tasty result", so maybe that fruit basket on its head might amount to something.
And I was just wondering has anyone found Decius' original skitters and crawls hint yet?
~Elizabeth Gunwale lvl 52
Nope, I just checked.

Whats something that skitters?
and whats something that crawls?
One has red on its coloring.
The other has a purplish pink color.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
143
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Nope, I just checked.

Whats something that skitters?
and whats something that crawls?
One has red on its coloring.
The other has a purplish pink color.
Red rock crab and black market tarantula?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
Connor Templeton on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
My buddies and I think we may have figured it out.
Pink Crawler
Cutie Chameleon is the only thing we think it could be thats pink and not the marshadillow.Its also a coincidence since it went on sale today.

Multicolored skitter that pinches
This one we were unsure about but we think that it is either the Coconut Crawlie or even perhaps maybe the new Rock Crab. We feel more confident it could be the crawlie since the Rock Crab isnt all that multicolored.We also think if it is the coconut crawlie that it could have been meant to trick us otherwise its a crab. To me it looks like it skitters and it also has pincher claws.

So in conclusion
Cutie Chameleon X Coconut Crawlie

I hope this could work. When i saw this thread i had to stop lurking and make a post lol.
this has been thought and tried since before i joined pirates in january...but everybody knows this should work....

makes me wonder when decius said it was a pet that could be attained did he mean off of a hybrid that though undiscovered couldve been attained back then as well? meaning dire crab was uploaded so even though we couldnt find it didnt mean it couldnt be obtained?

i realize wizard101 has mundane pets compared to pirate101, and that it costs triple the gold to morph(hatch) once over there, however, the morphathon proved that out of every combo try only 9% of the time might we get a lucky hybrid...kings isle's own numbers...so that means 100 tries SHOULD produce 9 hybrids, 100 x 16k gold minimum only 1,600,000 in gold for one hybrid you wanted....plus buying a house for each hybrid combo to store 100k there as well (if you dont want to sacrifice a lucky combo of skills either) since attics are not seperate from houses, plus our max gold limit is only 200k, moo grinding is aggravating and long...plus only so much room in backpacks therefore you wasted over a million in gold to morph pets you have no room to train? along the way get a beautiful set of nefarious knives you have to trash so can make room for pets? on wizard101 pets come with cards, even hybrids now have special sets of their own, we just add the skills from our base pets to our chosen pet...taking this all in account...wizard pets are cheaper to get what you want..max gold is 400k and we dont carry our pets to train, we can hang our amazing weapons on our walls of our houses, thus we fully use 150 backpack item space for farming and sell pick up desired pet and head to the hatchery..

ok rant over...and yet just hoping that ki will also take this in consideration...how many people have to grind out just to attempt a considered combo...and how many new players dont get a hoped for morph....because every single gold coin is counted towards the ultimate goal of an elusive hybrid? stormy jen

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
103
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Nope, I just checked.

Whats something that skitters?
and whats something that crawls?
One has red on its coloring.
The other has a purplish pink color.
This is great hint right here.

The only problem is that word skitter is kinda vague clue. I have been trying to understand its meaning and to cross-reference that meaning with a pet who has red on its coloring. I always bounce between between Tawny Sky Turtle, Clown Fish and Coral Widow.

Good luck with finding this hybrid! I am not giving up :D

Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
So, I was thinking about the skitter and crawl thing, and I may have figured it out!

Tawny Sky Turtle X Imperial Lion

Here's what I think:

If there's a hybrid of the Celestial Dragon X Tawny Sky Turtle, and Celestial Dragon X Imperial Lion, then there's got to be a hybrid of Tawny Sky Turtle X Imperial Lion.

I think I figured out the skitters and crawls hint. Hope it works!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
So, I was thinking about the skitter and crawl thing, and I may have figured it out!

Tawny Sky Turtle X Imperial Lion

Here's what I think:

If there's a hybrid of the Celestial Dragon X Tawny Sky Turtle, and Celestial Dragon X Imperial Lion, then there's got to be a hybrid of Tawny Sky Turtle X Imperial Lion.

I think I figured out the skitters and crawls hint. Hope it works!
agreed...as far as it ought to make a hybrid :D mooshu trilogy yes......

however as far as the skitters part, the turtle sweetly floats in the air, never touches the ground at all.....

and the lion bounds along beside you when you walk...

still have hoped since january that it might make a PAPER LION please please decius it will be amazing

kudos though i believe you are onto something extra special

stormy jen

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
402
Quite Jacques on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Red rock crab and black market tarantula?
Spider crab! OMG!

I have neither pet though