Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Aquila is a little... well hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Silver Misty Trice on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I feel your frustration with the Scylla, Olivia but it is not impossible. Unlike other ship battles, once your health gets really low you will not get an on board battle until after you've defeated all four heads. This is the way I have done it in the past and has worked for me. Enter the battle from either side of the hydra not straight on, keep your ship a little further back, defeat a head and if your health is still looking good, go for another head and so on. If your health is getting low, back off a little, heal and then carry on. You can actually let your health go down further than you would normally do and once you've defeated all four heads, heal and confidently sail into the battle against the Scylla. They are nasty little creatures but it is Aquila after all and rewards are worth it. Once you've made it, don't forget to find those chests of gold ... best of luck and fair sailing friend
I beat the Scylla a day after I posted this and forgot to come back to it but thank you for the advice! I beat it by making only one head target me and got the beast aquilan ship gear by nautical leveling up. I then helped my friend and he beat it, I found out you just got to work hard and everything will be fine.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Aquila is difficult but you get overpowered Companions to recruit! :)

Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
At the risk of sounding totally dumb. What do you mean by defend Ratbeard? I lost 6 companions on my level 62 witchdoctor fighting the harpies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Paige Devereaux on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
At the risk of sounding totally dumb. What do you mean by defend Ratbeard? I lost 6 companions on my level 62 witchdoctor fighting the harpies.
Ratbeard ( the companion ) has Hold the Line 2. He can stop a harpy in its tracks, he also has some pretty awesome attacks after his third promotion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Paige Devereaux on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Paige, welcome to the message boards.
Never fear about sounding dumb, it is what we are here for. The only dumb question is the unasked one.

Ratbeard is a good defender companion for his Hold the Line talent, it will keep them from passing him and he and used Catbeard along side to pummel them and Scratchy and him tucked safely behind to strike from a distance. Position your self and crew in a corner so they cannot surround you and overpower you. Try using One-Eyed Jack's strategy he shows us for fighting Bumbloons. It is at the bottom of the May 2013 newsletter. It works well for Harpies too.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
why do people think satyrs are hard? all you gotta do is spread out from your team and defeat satyrs like that. unless your a witchdoctor. if your a witchdoctor try to get as much health as possible then try to defeat satyrs like above. btw, i was lucky right? i got all juice from them in one fight! a really hard enemy in aquila i present to you: The scylla! sinkss my pirates ships often and i hate those crab crawlies or whatever.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I had a hard time with Harpies at first but I eventually beat them.

Crazy Mitchell, level 63 swashbuckler

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
Ratbeard on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Hit 'em where they're weak.

If I recall correctly, I had pretty good success defending with Catbeard and Ratbeard, and attacking with Old Scratch.
Ratbeard, I tried that but my catbeard just kept dyeing.(don't know if I spelled that right) I suggest using full on since harpies have veangence strike 2. would just keep using riposite

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
anecorbie on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
You think Harpies are bad? I have one word for you - SATYRS!
satyrs aren't too bad if you keep your companions further away from each other, but I learned that the hard way.

P.S: don't use . only

clever wolf freeman
level 65

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Paige, welcome to the message boards.
Never fear about sounding dumb, it is what we are here for. The only dumb question is the unasked one.

Ratbeard is a good defender companion for his Hold the Line talent, it will keep them from passing him and he and used Catbeard along side to pummel them and Scratchy and him tucked safely behind to strike from a distance. Position your self and crew in a corner so they cannot surround you and overpower you. Try using One-Eyed Jack's strategy he shows us for fighting Bumbloons. It is at the bottom of the May 2013 newsletter. It works well for Harpies too.
awesome explanation. I actually get it now

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
qwerty78202 on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
why do people think satyrs are hard? all you gotta do is spread out from your team and defeat satyrs like that. unless your a witchdoctor. if your a witchdoctor try to get as much health as possible then try to defeat satyrs like above. btw, i was lucky right? i got all juice from them in one fight! a really hard enemy in aquila i present to you: The scylla! sinkss my pirates ships often and i hate those crab crawlies or whatever.
if you attack long termed in the ship battle part you don't have to do it until the end. if you get lucky, only 5 Scylla crawlies will appear. (When catbeard speaks, a big blob of darkness appears right in front of you. get near it, and youll end up in a Scylla battle. its unavoidable) if that dosnt make sense, please right back.

clever wolf freeman
level 65

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
I am a Buccaneer but I am In your exact same situation, I'm level 59 and cannot defeat the harpies!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 59

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
Puppylove1021 on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm finding Aquila hard so far, and I'm level 59 at the beginning of Aquila. CURSE THOSE HARPIES.
I myself haven't found the harpies(Or really any enemies in Aquila so far) that difficult. I am a Privateer, so that may be a factor.
What I do (and have done since mid-Marleybone, except through there I used Emmett instead of Catbeard) is use a team of Catbeard, The Marchioness, and Gracie Conrad. My character buffs up the team with Esprit De Corps or Calm the Troops(Or any higher boosting Accuracy/Dodge or Will powers, depending what shows up), Gracie sends out a mine, and Frida(The Marchioness) uses Steadying Speech to further boost our Will, and Catbeard will typically move further away from the enemies to lure the enemies to us, all on the first turn. Once they arrive, we are so boosted up that we are never/barely touched and we land critical after critical throughout the battle. (Catbeard himself can score a wopping 600-800 damage in one epic, and the highest he's done with an epic hit is 1111 damage. (Plus he has Riposte2, making further use of the Accuracy/Dodge buffs.)) Most of the time, I never attack; I'm simply boosting further or healing my team, and they dish out all the damage for me. Relentless/Relentless2 is also a must, for extra damage can turn the tide of a battle into your favor.
I hope this helps you or someone else with troubles concerning Aquila's(Or any world's) foes.

P.S
Concerning Will-using enemies, such as the Satyrs, the Will boosts protect you from triggering Mojo Echo as often, for typically you can out-number them in Will with enough buffs.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
Puppylove1021 on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm finding Aquila hard so far, and I'm level 59 at the beginning of Aquila. CURSE THOSE HARPIES.
harpies on my killed them easily hydra is annoying but not that hard
however, if you do have trouble you can do these things:
1.ask a friend for help
2.lvl up by side quests
3.lvl up your companions
4.lastly,you could look up good strategies for your type on these message boards or on the internet.

beat the game as lvl 65 (bloody jordan nightingale) yw and fair sailing
happy spring break

Ensign
Jun 09, 2013
my name is golden Jacob nelson, I started out in Aquila as it came out, you see I've been plying for a long while and I've always found Aquila's accurate descriptions of history and technology amazing and of course it was made to be quite the puzzler to those who have little experience starting out, well not me. I was pretty good at fighting in Aquila when I was level 55 and believe it or not, but I had many characters going into Aquila as the one I am talking about. I had all classes going into Aquila at the same time as the rest. so, to me its not very hard when you know how to use strategies in the best of ways possible. learn and make up strategies as you go along through Aquila or any other world and experience the wonder of how easy strategies make everything. so why not give it a try?

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
im level 61 at marleybone, you heard me right. and i did not even come to kill rooke yet. so if you do extra quests you can be ready for aquila. i have a 65lvl priveteer that is finished with the storyline the level 61 guy is a musketeer.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2013
i think p101 should seriously lower the damage on enemies i know it's aquila and it's supposed to be hard but seriously blocking a attack is like blocking a critical and when they do a critical your companion is almost dead

Bloody Victor Stevenson level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
reckless frenzy on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
i think p101 should seriously lower the damage on enemies i know it's aquila and it's supposed to be hard but seriously blocking a attack is like blocking a critical and when they do a critical your companion is almost dead

Bloody Victor Stevenson level 65
This game doesn't need more nerfs, of course Aquila is hard, so was Marleybone, MooShu and Cool Ranch; every enemy you overcome you learn and get better. Sometimes its smooth sailing, sometimes a bumpy ride, but you can do it! Everyone sitting at max level did it, and you aren't less than they, so go out and kick snake booty ( if they have a booty....)