Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

What is a Privateer?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9755
shooty202 on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
Master do you remember me (you probably don't XD) Should I heal when they are in the yellow stage or red. Also should I Big Guns straight away, or later? Thanks!
Heal ( or shield ) when they're in yellow ( red is too late ). Use some buffs to enhance your Big Guns so they do more damage.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
45
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Heal ( or shield ) when they're in yellow ( red is too late ). Use some buffs to enhance your Big Guns so they do more damage.
Thanks wow you keep on helping me what's your name ill friend you!

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
7
Question: what is a privateer
Answer: the single greatest class in the game
Blast of discord rocks!;)
Thanks for reading good hunting
Noble William Jackson L70 privateer

Ensign
Mar 10, 2010
13
Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
70
hi i'm a swashy and I like privateers I just wonder why do you need will will is just something I've never trained should I?

also discipline got me outta a real mess in mooshu some situation with a blacksmith a bag of brownie mix and a vacuum bag

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
26
firstmatesubodai34... on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
hi i'm a swashy and I like privateers I just wonder why do you need will will is just something I've never trained should I?

also discipline got me outta a real mess in mooshu some situation with a blacksmith a bag of brownie mix and a vacuum bag
Mostly Privateers should use their Will for Heals, Shields, Bombs and Buffs.

Take for example: Fighting Fervor and Tower of Iron Will. The more you increase your Will, the more Damage Fighting Fervor gives and the more Armor and Resists you get from Tower of Iron Will. And note: They aren't affected by your Spookiness.

Increasing any Privateer Companion's Will gives them even more Critical Chance and their Witch Hunter epic deals even more damage, same with Witches.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2016
10
Just Add Bacon on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Sorry that a swashbuckler is invading this thread, but I'm wondering, do you think I should make a Privateer character? Recently I've been taking an interest in rapiers rather than daggers, and I enjoy fighting with slashy weapons more. Think I should make a new character to be a privateer, or stick to being a swashbuckler using a privateer's weapons?

~Elizabeth, level 31 ~
I know, I am VERY late to reply, but do NOT make a . Trust me, if i love and hate ; if you love, you will hate . Just my opinion. The choice is your but they are nearly opposite classes.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
163
Ensign
Apr 15, 2018
3
Quick question for the privateers out there!

What are some of the more exclusive companions you get? Ofcourse don't name them all if there are many just any that you think really added to your experience overall, I'm curious.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1887
Chadun on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
Quick question for the privateers out there!

What are some of the more exclusive companions you get? Ofcourse don't name them all if there are many just any that you think really added to your experience overall, I'm curious.
Privateers get Tonka in Cool Ranch, and a bonus member of the Magnificent Seven -- they get both Jane Canary and her husband, Wild Bill Peacock.Also, they can get two Inoshishi from MooShu -- the Necromancer and the Chief.

Privateers can really get a super crew, and they have lots of means to support that crew.


Ensign
Apr 15, 2018
3
Willowydream on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
Privateers get Tonka in Cool Ranch, and a bonus member of the Magnificent Seven -- they get both Jane Canary and her husband, Wild Bill Peacock.Also, they can get two Inoshishi from MooShu -- the Necromancer and the Chief.

Privateers can really get a super crew, and they have lots of means to support that crew.

Wow, that's definitely pretty awesome I remember my first pirate was a privateer way back in 2012 I think it was and got him to lvl 18, I guess it's pretty worth making another one once I get my witch doctor to max.

Ensign
Mar 18, 2013
1
Speaking of which, what are the best talents to give Ensign Emmett? He is a Privateer class, but uses a gun. So do I give him Agility or Will?

Fiery Zachary Collin

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
89
i think the artillery/gunnery show the cannon that privateer's lead
ruthless luke armstrong

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
I haven't really tried out the yet, but working on it...she's a level 5 and is doing great... I've never tried healer class before, more damage, melee and ranged...no heal.

Fiery Ariel Nichols Level 5

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9755
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
I haven't really tried out the yet, but working on it...she's a level 5 and is doing great... I've never tried healer class before, more damage, melee and ranged...no heal.

Fiery Ariel Nichols Level 5
Privateers do more than heal, they can shield & boost companions/teammates. I'd rather go into a dungeon with a privateer above any other class.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
Privateers do more than heal, they can shield & boost companions/teammates. I'd rather go into a dungeon with a privateer above any other class.
Okay, thanks!
I, with a bit of searching of the Wiki, found that out...and they also do ranged and melee damage, correct?

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
89
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
I still haven't really played them out, because she's a solo character and I usually don't play solo.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
89
Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
57
glitterway123 on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
Okay, thanks!
I, with a bit of searching of the Wiki, found that out...and they also do ranged and melee damage, correct?
They definitely could, yes. I prefer to use Smashy/slashy (when it boosts Will), or Staffy/slashy. It's slow starting out on a privateer, and I had a bit of trouble from early Skull Island up to late Cool Ranch. But after Cool Ranch, things start kicking up, and after that it's a cruise. Privateer pirates aren't really made for rushing into battle at the head of their army and kicking rear. (I had to learn that the hard way, after transitioning abruptly from swashbuckler to privateer) I've actually soloed the entire game as a privateer, with minimal or no help from others. It's pretty fun, actually!

Go ! (My heart's still with buccaneers though, but shh!)