plz help

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
if anyone doesn't know my game isn't working i sent a ticket BUT it is still not fixed THEY HAVEN'T EVEN EMAILED ME BACK...

Anyway can some one help me see the new Minotaur pet?

Administrator
MightySwashbuckler... on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
if anyone doesn't know my game isn't working i sent a ticket BUT it is still not fixed THEY HAVEN'T EVEN EMAILED ME BACK...

Anyway can some one help me see the new Minotaur pet?
Hi! I talked to Customer Support and they responded to your ticket on 8/26/2013. You may want to check your spam email folder to see if it's there. You'll need to update your support ticket if you need further assistance.

You can see a little mini-minotaur pet on our Arrrgust page here.

Our newest official fan site, the Petnome Pirates, has some good information you may want to look at as well.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
MightySwashbuckler... on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
but now it is not working again

no emails in spam...
Maybe double check your 'My Account' info and see if it went to the email you think it did?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Maybe double check your 'My Account' info and see if it went to the email you think it did?
Turns out it was set on my brothers email so... My game is still not fixed... I might call them soon... So sry and sad i can't see you...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
MightySwashbuckler... on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Turns out it was set on my brothers email so... My game is still not fixed... I might call them soon... So sry and sad i can't see you...
Then change the email to yours and send another request to customer support and let them know about the email change, be sure to give them the old and the new one so they will know which email they need to re direct to you. Hang in there, x Sends some of Emma's Hawklava to help stave off Pirate 101 withdraw symptoms x .

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Then change the email to yours and send another request to customer support and let them know about the email change, be sure to give them the old and the new one so they will know which email they need to re direct to you. Hang in there, x Sends some of Emma's Hawklava to help stave off Pirate 101 withdraw symptoms x .
aw thx...

and btw how do i change the email?

Administrator
MightySwashbuckler... on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
aw thx...

and btw how do i change the email?
To change your email, just follow these steps:

1. Log into the desired account at www.pirate101.com

2. Click "My Accounts"

3. (If applicable) Click on "Login Master Password" and enter the master password

4. In the "My Accounts" screen, choose the "Manage" tab

5. Select "E-mail Preferences" on the right.

6. Depending on the account you logged in with, you will see either "Master Email:," or "xxAccountxx's Email:," or both. Click the "change" link to the right of the address.

7. Enter the new address and click "Save."

Also, if you're using an ISP's email accounts (i.e. "@comcast.net, @tw.rr.com, etc), you may want to consider opening a non-internet providers email. This way you never have to worry about what happens if you change your internet provider (i.e. open a "@gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc). These are free and you'll have access to all your emails forever!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
To change your email, just follow these steps:

1. Log into the desired account at www.pirate101.com

2. Click "My Accounts"

3. (If applicable) Click on "Login Master Password" and enter the master password

4. In the "My Accounts" screen, choose the "Manage" tab

5. Select "E-mail Preferences" on the right.

6. Depending on the account you logged in with, you will see either "Master Email:," or "xxAccountxx's Email:," or both. Click the "change" link to the right of the address.

7. Enter the new address and click "Save."

Also, if you're using an ISP's email accounts (i.e. "@comcast.net, @tw.rr.com, etc), you may want to consider opening a non-internet providers email. This way you never have to worry about what happens if you change your internet provider (i.e. open a "@gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc). These are free and you'll have access to all your emails forever!
Thanks Jack you did that way better than I could have. The master has saved the day .