Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marcus puzzle

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
My friend has recently made a new character and is now lv11, but for some strange reason she can't access Marcus hidden in the Hidden Shrine in the Temple of Gloom on Skull Island. My character is lv27 and has long since had access to him. However, neither one of us can figure out how to gain access to him. I remember that he had a quest, but what she's told me is that this quest is no longer available or appears to no longer be available. Is this true, and if so how does one gain access to Marcus or has he been totally removed from the game for all new players? We both have tried googling answers but there's too many conflicting answers. Some say that the quest is there others say it's be deleted. I honestly don't know because I can get into Marcus but my friend can not. Hep is appreciated.

Administrator
Captain Rosethorn on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
My friend has recently made a new character and is now lv11, but for some strange reason she can't access Marcus hidden in the Hidden Shrine in the Temple of Gloom on Skull Island. My character is lv27 and has long since had access to him. However, neither one of us can figure out how to gain access to him. I remember that he had a quest, but what she's told me is that this quest is no longer available or appears to no longer be available. Is this true, and if so how does one gain access to Marcus or has he been totally removed from the game for all new players? We both have tried googling answers but there's too many conflicting answers. Some say that the quest is there others say it's be deleted. I honestly don't know because I can get into Marcus but my friend can not. Hep is appreciated.
Hi! This is as designed. Those who completed the quest to enter Marcus's room before the update on 29 August 2013 will still have access to Marcus's room; however those who are new to the game no longer have to defeat Marcus to continue their Skull Island Adventures.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
Hi! This is as designed. Those who completed the quest to enter Marcus's room before the update on 29 August 2013 will still have access to Marcus's room; however those who are new to the game no longer have to defeat Marcus to continue their Skull Island Adventures.
Ah this explains why I can't get the Skull Mountaineer Badge on any of my pirates since I've only visited 6 out of 7 areas. Is it still possible to for newer pirates made after this update to go into the room to complete the badge?

Administrator
Wicked Victor Arms... on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
Ah this explains why I can't get the Skull Mountaineer Badge on any of my pirates since I've only visited 6 out of 7 areas. Is it still possible to for newer pirates made after this update to go into the room to complete the badge?
Hi! we will be removing the requirement to explore Marcus' Room for this badge in an upcoming update to the game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
if you dont fight marcus, what happens? does shepherd take you straight to the shrine?