Extra Crowns on Prepaid Cards?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
My brother just got the Empire Bundle just yesterday, and when he redeemed it, he choose crowns, he got 6250 Crowns when the card read 5000 crowns. I haven't seen any notification about Prepaid crowns getting extra crowns. Are certain Gamestop (or any retailer) cards getting extra crowns on them? Is this offer on Wizard101 cards as well (specifically the Hive Bundle)? Thank you!

Administrator
Congrats on the bundle, and the extra Crowns are not a fluke!

If you look on the Empire Bundle Prepaid card page you'll see a paragraph there that explains:

"Limited Time Only - Get 25% More Crowns!
Now through December 31st, 2013 receive an additional 25% more Crowns when you redeem the Empire Bundle at GameStop!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Congrats on the bundle, and the extra Crowns are not a fluke!

If you look on the Empire Bundle Prepaid card page you'll see a paragraph there that explains:

"Limited Time Only - Get 25% More Crowns!
Now through December 31st, 2013 receive an additional 25% more Crowns when you redeem the Empire Bundle at GameStop!"
What a delightful surprise. Almost as good as discovering a Gamestop near my hour away Walmart (*Whoops so loud it startles the scareakeet flock into a panicked flight*)
I got my card and cannot WAIT for the coming update.
You guys were right, a way is always provided.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
I too was the recipient of the wonderful gift of extra crowns. Mine, however, was on a Gamestop card (the one with the octopus pet). On the card it said 5000 crowns but I was thrilled when I checked my account and saw that I was given 10000 crowns instead.

In fact I kept checking the card to see if I missed something in writing and kept checking account to see if it was an error.

Needless to say I could definitely use the extra crowns (as I am sure any pirate can). I will surely be checking out the Empire bundle now! Good luck to ye!

Administrator
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
I too was the recipient of the wonderful gift of extra crowns. Mine, however, was on a Gamestop card (the one with the octopus pet). On the card it said 5000 crowns but I was thrilled when I checked my account and saw that I was given 10000 crowns instead.

In fact I kept checking the card to see if I missed something in writing and kept checking account to see if it was an error.

Needless to say I could definitely use the extra crowns (as I am sure any pirate can). I will surely be checking out the Empire bundle now! Good luck to ye!
. . . and that is actually a printing error on the back of that card. We're looking to get those particular cards replaced; however, 10,000 Crowns for a $20 card is exactly what you should be getting there.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Thanks for the response One-Eyed Jack

I was not aware that it was in fact an error, although I didn't really think that there would be a promotional giveaway that doubled your crowns. However, it was still a nice surprise even though I basically received the amount of crowns that the card was intended to give.

Hey, that's actually not a bad idea- a good marketing ploy even, if all the prepaid cards had printing errors where you doubled your crown reward (even though you were supposed to receive the double amount anyways)....there would be a lot of ecstatic pirates thinking they made out like bandits. It would be like Christmas on the skyways for everyone

Thanks again for the info
- Valkoor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the response One-Eyed Jack

I was not aware that it was in fact an error, although I didn't really think that there would be a promotional giveaway that doubled your crowns. However, it was still a nice surprise even though I basically received the amount of crowns that the card was intended to give.

Hey, that's actually not a bad idea- a good marketing ploy even, if all the prepaid cards had printing errors where you doubled your crown reward (even though you were supposed to receive the double amount anyways)....there would be a lot of ecstatic pirates thinking they made out like bandits. It would be like Christmas on the skyways for everyone

Thanks again for the info
- Valkoor
Pirates making out like bandits? Sounds like a recipe for some very delighted pirates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Pirates making out like bandits? Sounds like a recipe for some very delighted pirates.
My thoughts exactly Chrissy and everybody loves a yummy home made recipe. After all a well fed Pirate is a happy Pirate, so KI keep the servings coming

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
(Though I think many people wouldn't buy a $10 card if it only gave 2,500 crowns, etc.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Pirates in the Sky on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
(Though I think many people wouldn't buy a $10 card if it only gave 2,500 crowns, etc.)
Very true, but if on the $10 card it said they would only receive 2500 crowns, I am sure they would feel like they made out when they checked crowns balance and it said 5000. Obviously those who have been playing for a while and are familiar with the amount of crowns you get for certain priced cards would think that 2500 crowns for $10 was too much. It would only be effective for new players or if KI originally sold the cards way from very start. It was just meant to be silly and hypothetical anyways

You know just tricking the brain into thinking you got a great deal when that was the amount you were supposed to get in the first place.

I know I would feel happier buying a $10 card that said 2500 crowns but gave me 5000, then buying a $10 card that said I got 5000 crowns (and that is what I received). Same amount but the first one I get that warm and cozy feeling that somehow I got rewarded with bonus crowns. But that's just me

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Very true, but if on the $10 card it said they would only receive 2500 crowns, I am sure they would feel like they made out when they checked crowns balance and it said 5000. Obviously those who have been playing for a while and are familiar with the amount of crowns you get for certain priced cards would think that 2500 crowns for $10 was too much. It would only be effective for new players or if KI originally sold the cards way from very start. It was just meant to be silly and hypothetical anyways

You know just tricking the brain into thinking you got a great deal when that was the amount you were supposed to get in the first place.

I know I would feel happier buying a $10 card that said 2500 crowns but gave me 5000, then buying a $10 card that said I got 5000 crowns (and that is what I received). Same amount but the first one I get that warm and cozy feeling that somehow I got rewarded with bonus crowns. But that's just me
x Raises a tankard of yum if favor of warm and cozy feelings x Yarrrrr

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy,

You simply have to be the busiest and nicest pirate ever. You are everywhere on these boards and only provide positive, supportive and friendly replies to even the most meager of us pirates.
(not to mention lots of helpful, informative tidbits too)

I see how and why you have Th'Blesser as your message board name. I applaud you and your efforts too

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Chrissy,

You simply have to be the busiest and nicest pirate ever. You are everywhere on these boards and only provide positive, supportive and friendly replies to even the most meager of us pirates.
(not to mention lots of helpful, informative tidbits too)

I see how and why you have Th'Blesser as your message board name. I applaud you and your efforts too
*Blushes* Why, what a sweet thing to say . Thank you very much for your encouragement. I am honored that you think such warm and wonderful thoughts about me. So many message boards are just places to whine and complain and these boards are different and I love it. I just do my best to continue the great atmosphere that has been started by the staff and initial posters. I try to live my life the same way and it is a great boost that all my trying to see the good in all has had such touching effects.
*Bows with a graceful Anne Radcliffeish flourish of her hat* (I learn a lot from you guys her too )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
*Blushes* Why, what a sweet thing to say . Thank you very much for your encouragement. I am honored that you think such warm and wonderful thoughts about me. So many message boards are just places to whine and complain and these boards are different and I love it. I just do my best to continue the great atmosphere that has been started by the staff and initial posters. I try to live my life the same way and it is a great boost that all my trying to see the good in all has had such touching effects.
*Bows with a graceful Anne Radcliffeish flourish of her hat* (I learn a lot from you guys her too )
You are welcome, Chrissy.

I know it is easy just to put words on the screen without it truly reflecting the message bearer. However, it is pretty obvious that you are a genuine, positive and encouraging individual that stands behind the words you write. I too have seen so many message boards- whether dealing with news, entertainment, sports or just on sites meant to be fun- and can't believe how negative and down right hurtful some of them are. On some you immediately get bashed for posting anything positive or plain nice. For every warm and encouraging comment or post it seems there are 10-20 people ready to fire back with insults.

That's why it was such a pleasant surprise to come here and find the exact opposite. I originally just wanted to check out the message boards for possible help and info about the game. These boards are such a positive influence for kids, teenagers, young adults, full blown grown-ups and just people in general. It shows that you can actually interact with others online without being rude and in the process help other fellow humans out.

KI should be commended for how they moderate the boards and keep them positive and helpful.

Keep up the good work, Chrissy, you are indeed a ray of sunshine