Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What would you add to Valencia?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
We all know that this is an awesome world -- and, frankly, I'm not the only one who wants to go back! So Blind Mew has told us that we will indeed go back to Valencia, but 'when?' is the question. It might be the next update, or the update after that, or the update after that. Point is we don't know. Because of this, maybe we should post our ideas for Valencia's newest expansion? It seems like we have time, after all! I'm excited to hear all of your ideas!
~
My idea is this: if and when we do go up against Kane or Queen, I believe it should be raining. Valencia's skies are stormy, yet as far as I can remember it doesn't rain. I love the rain and I imagine KI could conjure up some pretty funny companion dialog about it. XD Maybe it could be used to the PC's advantage, for maybe clockworks can't work very well when it's raining and all of their parts are slick and loose? Also, 'my parents' died in a storm, so maybe we discover that its a magic storm, a magic storm of Valencia? That's my idea, what's yours?

~Elizabeth, level 26 ~

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I would personally love to go to a world that's raining. I don't know why, but I just love the rain and I'm curious to see if KI can actually MAKE it rain in one of the worlds... Or, if KI could make the time change, like if you've ever played Minecraft, you know how it goes from day to night? That would be epic, to say the least!

Any who... I've always thought of clones of our pirates and our companions. It just seems like something the Armada would do! Make realistic clones of us and our main companions (Mooshu 5, Bonnie, Ratbeard, etc.), who all serve Kane as their master, and have a few, hour long dungeons where we face each one and fight, getting some interesting reactions from our companions once the fight is over. Then, at the end, we'll face the clone of ourselves with Kane, and fight to the death! No one else will be able to join you in these battles, making sure there's no confusion, or if they can join, then their main companions will join and fight them!
(like, I'm a Swashbuckler, so I'll be fighting Subodai, and a Privateer joins, so he'll be fighting their Mooshu companion...)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bloody Belle on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I would personally love to go to a world that's raining. I don't know why, but I just love the rain and I'm curious to see if KI can actually MAKE it rain in one of the worlds... Or, if KI could make the time change, like if you've ever played Minecraft, you know how it goes from day to night? That would be epic, to say the least!

Any who... I've always thought of clones of our pirates and our companions. It just seems like something the Armada would do! Make realistic clones of us and our main companions (Mooshu 5, Bonnie, Ratbeard, etc.), who all serve Kane as their master, and have a few, hour long dungeons where we face each one and fight, getting some interesting reactions from our companions once the fight is over. Then, at the end, we'll face the clone of ourselves with Kane, and fight to the death! No one else will be able to join you in these battles, making sure there's no confusion, or if they can join, then their main companions will join and fight them!
(like, I'm a Swashbuckler, so I'll be fighting Subodai, and a Privateer joins, so he'll be fighting their Mooshu companion...)
Have you read Roleplay II? That idea is practiced in that story! There's a clockwork double on the crew, and the pirate captains have to figure out which on is real and which one is fake... it's a very interesting story and the outcome may just surprise you.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Have you read Roleplay II? That idea is practiced in that story! There's a clockwork double on the crew, and the pirate captains have to figure out which on is real and which one is fake... it's a very interesting story and the outcome may just surprise you.
Honestly, I never read the roleplay threads *gets whacked upside the head by Highlander Fox*

It's not that I don't like them, but I just remember reading about one and got so confused because people kept responding to the same thread with different opinions (because the threads don't update automatically, making lots of confusion happen). But you mean to tell me there's actually a thread about this idea..? (somewhat)

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I honestly love the raining idea, that would really pass the atmosphere perfectly. and maybe super epic music when battling certain bosses? like as if thought it was victory or death kind of scenario, like you couldn't just walk out of it. and maybe the return of bishop and rooke? and they look all battered and hardly like they used to be. and possibly an encounter with kane, not fighting him, just seeing him. possibly some dialogue between the player and him. or maybe just a pass by? like we just get to see him from the side rallying troops or whatever. either way I think we should get a close encounter with kane.

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Honestly, I never read the roleplay threads *gets whacked upside the head by Highlander Fox*

It's not that I don't like them, but I just remember reading about one and got so confused because people kept responding to the same thread with different opinions (because the threads don't update automatically, making lots of confusion happen). But you mean to tell me there's actually a thread about this idea..? (somewhat)
Yes, my character, Lizzy, helps a group of pirates get a rare book from the Laurentine Library, but as she's leaving she gets captured by an armada captain that the group had fought earlier. They take her to a dungeon and for several days run tests on her and steal DNA, then on the fourth day of prison, with no food and no water, Lizzy is taken to another part of the camp and is shown a clockwork... that looks exactly like her! Well hey, great minds think alike, right?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DuncanRoland The E... on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I honestly love the raining idea, that would really pass the atmosphere perfectly. and maybe super epic music when battling certain bosses? like as if thought it was victory or death kind of scenario, like you couldn't just walk out of it. and maybe the return of bishop and rooke? and they look all battered and hardly like they used to be. and possibly an encounter with kane, not fighting him, just seeing him. possibly some dialogue between the player and him. or maybe just a pass by? like we just get to see him from the side rallying troops or whatever. either way I think we should get a close encounter with kane.

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer
Lol yeah, that sounds really neat! If we go back to Valencia in the next update, I think it would be a little too early to fight Kane, but I believe it would make our pirates' blood run cold if they see Kane... awesome idea!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

(Off topic a little bit, but answering this question, please excuse me)

Yes, they certainly can be confusing, which is why I started a thread about 'Roleplay summaries' (it's somewhere in the Tavern section), but Roleplay II tends to be more coherent than most, as its posts have mostly stayed on target to the plot. Given your post here, yes, as Elizabeth says, you might want to give reading it a try. I will say that the clockwork double that Elizabeth invented for the story is certainly very creepy and has worked well as a plot device...

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
So far I'm just a little confused on how KI could manage to pull an armada copy of us. since all the gear we put on and such, and constantly getting practice points for those zeke scholars out there. I think the only way they could do that easily is just put a mask on our face and put all the armada wear and so on. but hey, if they DO manage to pull that off, maybe they could make that a sort of "replacement" to Deacon in Kane's court, or if KI wants to put Deacon back in there, they could make him look battered like Bishop and Rooke like I mentioned in my last post, OR make them improved? Also it would be pretty darn cool and challenging if we had to face Bishop, Rooke and Deacon all in the same battle, and they would give some amount of support to each other. of course if there were multiple players you can put the good old marine and marksman in there. I'm just pouring with ideas as I write these posts so if I didn't keep on topic MY BAD.