Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wait Just a Burger Flipping Minute!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
WHY did the Armada go rogue after the polarian war ended?

even THE ELITES were on the good side before this change occurred... so why?

here is what I think...

After the war, Napoleguin was arrested into fort Elena after the war between the great powers, marleybone, monquista, and valencia, against polaris. the 3 powers rejoiced at the end of war as polaris was defeated.

but this was only HALF the story...

As we know, commander Kane of the armada was built first of the many clockworks. ( also ill bet the "genius in valencia" is also the toymaker responsible for crafting the mechanical birds, thus him knowing his weakness. ) during his construction, Napoleguin had heard about it and he ordered his navy to sabotage Kane's parts during construction. Not knowing Napoleguin had ajusted him, nor Napoleguin knowing that he was not destroyed as he'd thought, soon after the war ended, Kane created more clockworks with the toymaker in his command. the armada soldiers and elites were being held against their will by kane to do whatever he commanded, and swore to not mention it to any non clockwork. he grew mad with power and sent out The Armada to conquer the spiral. thats when they heard of the legend of El Dorado and pollo's map. that soon became their main focus, along with the grand design. Not long after, the rise of piracy in the spiral began. ( see the intercepted letter to understand more ) and the armada began their arrests of local pirates for interrogation. this is when the PC violates an armada law and is aressted on deacon's ship, when the story begins.

Wicked Jack nightingale Lvl 57 Swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
subata speaks on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
WHY did the Armada go rogue after the polarian war ended?

even THE ELITES were on the good side before this change occurred... so why?

here is what I think...

After the war, Napoleguin was arrested into fort Elena after the war between the great powers, marleybone, monquista, and valencia, against polaris. the 3 powers rejoiced at the end of war as polaris was defeated.

but this was only HALF the story...

As we know, commander Kane of the armada was built first of the many clockworks. ( also ill bet the "genius in valencia" is also the toymaker responsible for crafting the mechanical birds, thus him knowing his weakness. ) during his construction, Napoleguin had heard about it and he ordered his navy to sabotage Kane's parts during construction. Not knowing Napoleguin had ajusted him, nor Napoleguin knowing that he was not destroyed as he'd thought, soon after the war ended, Kane created more clockworks with the toymaker in his command. the armada soldiers and elites were being held against their will by kane to do whatever he commanded, and swore to not mention it to any non clockwork. he grew mad with power and sent out The Armada to conquer the spiral. thats when they heard of the legend of El Dorado and pollo's map. that soon became their main focus, along with the grand design. Not long after, the rise of piracy in the spiral began. ( see the intercepted letter to understand more ) and the armada began their arrests of local pirates for interrogation. this is when the PC violates an armada law and is aressted on deacon's ship, when the story begins.

Wicked Jack nightingale Lvl 57 Swashbuckler
first I love the title of this thread it made me laugh and second you could be correct but I don't think napoleguin had anything to do with the armada going haywire because it happened later after the armada defeated polaris

Ensign
Dec 31, 2008
This is my theory on what happened with the Armada after the Polaris War.

After Napoleguin was captured and sent to Fort Elena. The three powers celebrated with victory and went back to their own worlds, but when Valencia got back, they didn't stop making the clockworks. They continued to construct even though they already served their purpose in the war. Then, eventually when the number of clockworks was large enough, Kane took control of the army of clockworks and formed the Armada. With Kane along with his court of elites in charge of the new army, he started to lead a conquest to control the entire Spiral.

So basically my theory shows that the reason, the clockworks went rogue was that when they realized their were superior over their creators, they overthrew their makers and started their conquest over the Spiral.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
TheDoctor223 on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
This is my theory on what happened with the Armada after the Polaris War.

After Napoleguin was captured and sent to Fort Elena. The three powers celebrated with victory and went back to their own worlds, but when Valencia got back, they didn't stop making the clockworks. They continued to construct even though they already served their purpose in the war. Then, eventually when the number of clockworks was large enough, Kane took control of the army of clockworks and formed the Armada. With Kane along with his court of elites in charge of the new army, he started to lead a conquest to control the entire Spiral.

So basically my theory shows that the reason, the clockworks went rogue was that when they realized their were superior over their creators, they overthrew their makers and started their conquest over the Spiral.
But here's the thing I don't get. If you're a robot, you don't have thoughts of your own. You don't have feelings of your own, either, and you can't learn something that you weren't already programmed to know unless someone reprograms you to do differently (example would probably be Kane knowing how to be a leader of a Democracy or perhaps Monarchy (since he has a queen). why would he know that if he's just another Elite soldier under the control of his creator?).

That being said, it gives me reason to believe Kane just might be human as well as the Toymaker. His Queen might be as well... not sure. She could be just another soldier that he's passing off as his Queen, just in case things go South (like when we go barging in a destroying everything), he'll leave her behind to fight us while he gets away...