Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

there is nothing in Dragonspyre to do

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Hi i'm inky i'm just thinking the mystery of Dragonspyre there no land no skyway to go but wizzard101 its a real world. if anyone has cracked the mystery of why there's nothing to do in Dragonspyre please replay what it is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
626Eanostman123 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi i'm inky i'm just thinking the mystery of Dragonspyre there no land no skyway to go but wizzard101 its a real world. if anyone has cracked the mystery of why there's nothing to do in Dragonspyre please replay what it is.
The Skyway is called Avernus, yes, it does seem to be part of Dragonspyre, no we don't go there ( not yet anyway ). We're 'just passing through' on our way to Valencia.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
My idea is that Dragonspyre was the Skyway that the Armada invaded first before Valencia and that's why you see very few land masses. I am thinking that we may need to revisit it a few more times before we defeat the Armada.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
626Eanostman123 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
You will go there to get some doom shards in one of Old Scratch's promos.
My guess is that there will be things to do there in the future. All that wonderful graphic work just needs to be utilized.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
My guess is that there will be things to do there in the future. All that wonderful graphic work just needs to be utilized.
Agreed i love the spooky music

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
witchdoctor daruis on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Agreed i love the spooky music
ha ha ha me too

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
i know i did it i'm surprised about it

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Helpful Pirate on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
My idea is that Dragonspyre was the Skyway that the Armada invaded first before Valencia and that's why you see very few land masses. I am thinking that we may need to revisit it a few more times before we defeat the Armada.
Sorry about this, but I don't think the Armada invaded there. They wouldn't risk their own troops to send them there, even if Kane wanted them to.

To tell you the truth, In Wizard101, Dragonspyre was truly devastated by the Dragon Titan during that war there, even tore many of it's lands apart, even that huge island with the Dragon Titan perched on the top of the enormous volcano that serves as the Great Spyre. Since that horrible time there, nobody ever visited that world, until Malistaire travelled there and brought much of the Dragon Titan's Draconian army and many of undead spirits, monsters and various creatures, enslaved under his will, to prevent Wizards from stopping him from summoning the Dragon Titan again as that game's conclusion to only it's first major story arc centered about Malistaire, but NOT the whole original storyline itself, for those who have been thinking of it since playing Wizard101 in the very beginning of it's days. For those who may need some correcting in their playing history, that first story arc was ongoing since launch, but reached it's conclusion in Dragonspyre months after it's launch.

That huge portion of the world is the one place only Wizards can go to, but Avernus is the Skyway only Pirates can sail to and may see Dragonspyre in cameo closely, if they can, but they cannot go there, for it would be too much trouble for them (that, and the tech limits wouldn't allow that to happen). I would doubt that there are any remaining islands and islets in that world that Wizards and/or Pirates may go to, but right now, it's served as one of the passageways to Valencia and... who-knows-where.

What makes you think what we'll find there in Avernus? Mostly, nothing... right now.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I like to watch the drakes explode when I kill them

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Trimond297 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Sorry about this, but I don't think the Armada invaded there. They wouldn't risk their own troops to send them there, even if Kane wanted them to.

To tell you the truth, In Wizard101, Dragonspyre was truly devastated by the Dragon Titan during that war there, even tore many of it's lands apart, even that huge island with the Dragon Titan perched on the top of the enormous volcano that serves as the Great Spyre. Since that horrible time there, nobody ever visited that world, until Malistaire travelled there and brought much of the Dragon Titan's Draconian army and many of undead spirits, monsters and various creatures, enslaved under his will, to prevent Wizards from stopping him from summoning the Dragon Titan again as that game's conclusion to only it's first major story arc centered about Malistaire, but NOT the whole original storyline itself, for those who have been thinking of it since playing Wizard101 in the very beginning of it's days. For those who may need some correcting in their playing history, that first story arc was ongoing since launch, but reached it's conclusion in Dragonspyre months after it's launch.

That huge portion of the world is the one place only Wizards can go to, but Avernus is the Skyway only Pirates can sail to and may see Dragonspyre in cameo closely, if they can, but they cannot go there, for it would be too much trouble for them (that, and the tech limits wouldn't allow that to happen). I would doubt that there are any remaining islands and islets in that world that Wizards and/or Pirates may go to, but right now, it's served as one of the passageways to Valencia and... who-knows-where.

What makes you think what we'll find there in Avernus? Mostly, nothing... right now.
I got to tell you this contact kingsisle and tell them to make dragonspyre a world on pirate101 ware after you kill kane then you will need to go to dragonspyre and do the same quests as wizard101 deal?

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
The Skyway is called Avernus, yes, it does seem to be part of Dragonspyre, no we don't go there ( not yet anyway ). We're 'just passing through' on our way to Valencia.
Most say dragonspyre is Avernus but its called dragonspyre when i was promoting old scratch it said dragonspyre .Avernus is just the name of the skyway oh and join me i'm working on a program called mystery inc its about why are they not making the kane update is there a crime in kingsisle. and dragonspyre why is there nothing to do.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
Aver us creeps me out and the first time I saw it I had this terrible feeling of dread that it had been once amazing and had been destroyed ya catch what I'm feelin? It doesn't just scare it touches the heart

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
626Eanostman123 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I got to tell you this contact kingsisle and tell them to make dragonspyre a world on pirate101 ware after you kill kane then you will need to go to dragonspyre and do the same quests as wizard101 deal?
Uh... I don't think it's going to work the same way. You should understand that Pirate101's storyline structure doesn't work in the familiar way how W101 does. I'm not sure if there are any islands and/or islets that our Pirates can venture in Avernus. Plus, Pirates cannot go to that huge island that makes for W101's Dragonspyre and the fact that there are tech barriers that prevent that from happening, so... I'm sorry about this. Not everyone can go into the same place from before.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Trimond297 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:

Good point maybe pirate101 is like movie 2 maybe when the kane update comes out dragonspyre returns.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Perhaps some of those giant black-and-red whirlpools of brimstone and fire and death and- sorry, got carried away. Anyways, maybe those have some trapped ships in them we'll rescue? Or maybe that is the land... I mean, Kane could have just gotten a bit carried away.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I enjoyed the explanation that Avernus had already been visited and mined by Valencia. Whether it had, or not, I expect us to be returning there at some point. I assume that Avernus is a distant part of the Dragonspyre skyway, as the areas of Mooshu we visit are distant from Jade Palace in Mooshu. As to why we would go there, when it is mostly empty? Perhaps we will have something related to the bone drakes for one thing. For another, empty space need not STAY empty. What if Valencia parks a big fortress there? Or a lot of them on their way to invade the Tierra Primata skyway? Gortez would not see that coming. We would need to help.

I don't know if K I even knows yet what we will do there, but it gives them options, and a skyway that is already there for use.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I'm not sure what have in store between the Avernus Skyway and the main part Dargonspyre. It's could be some sort of land with deadly creatures,like maze dungeons, bone yards, mountain towers etc. Whatever lies beyond this sky way and eventually to Dragonspyre itself, maybe some day this may become a full pledge playable world.

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
Maybe there's some quest guy standing stranded on an island surrounded by drakes (jk). I literally just stick to the windlanes and get past Dragonspyre so I can do the very little quests in Valencia. I wish I could simply go and knock Kane out of the spiral (but we know that can't happen).

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
HEYO, IS IT TIME FOR CRAZY THEORY TIME?

(yes.)

oh yeah, minor spoiler alert for anyone in the game that has not gotten past a certain point in Valencia yet.

so, here goes: In Granchia, we discover that the armada is tearing up many of the islands of the skyway for the raw materials, with no consideration for the cultural history of the place. What do they need all that raw material for? yes, the Armada has a lot of VERY resource-heavy creations being put out: take beachhead as an example. However, the small isle of Granchia did not contain much of the Metal necessary to create those behemoths, so what would he need all that dirt for?

Well, there are a few possibilities that I see:

Less likely is that Kane is a jerk and wants to erase all valencian culture. granchia is a significant cultural centerpiece, so if that is the goal then Granchia would be a logical place to start.

More likely (in my mind) is that Kane wants to use the dirt as a raw material for new islands! specifically an island in a place that connects to a location where his grip might be tenuous.... somewhere unpredictable.... somewhere his enemies would never expect. Perhaps Avernus? It is closely connected to Monquista, which is close to Skull island. Monquista is also weak with their military as a result of Gortez's civil war. so, creating a NEW ISLAND, recycled from the old islands of valencia as a military base to launch a surprise attack, potentially blitzkrieging through monquista and straight into Skull island? Risky. But potentially very rewarding....

Think about it. I know, it is a little far-fetched, but isnt that just the kind of impressive tactical move you expect from the elite leader of a mechanical army with resources to spare? not to mention the undeniable threat to himself after the destruction of Rooke and Deacon, and the defeat of Bishop?