For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

The PHULE Theory (Spoilers)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
6
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have a theory. As you can see by the subject, I'd like to call this theory the Phule Theory.
To start this off I'm not sure if this is true. That is the danger of theories. I DON'T MEAN TO SPREAD ANY MISINFORMATION!

Now you see, Phule always took a liking to us. Even when we first met him, he didn't want to fight us and he left the other troops to fight us. In Valencia Part 2, he took out the front guards and said he hoped we defeated Kane. Or, at least he wasn't really on Kane's side. He said there was no place for himself there. Why? Because he didn't want to still be the court jester! As to civil matters, he never really was included in that type of thing. Why did he not want to be the jester? Kane never took a liking to him. He was never seen as a big figure of the Armada. OR WAS HE THE WHOLE TIME? Now you see, Phule betrayed Kane just so we could defeat him, and guess what? We did. If we hadn't Phule wouldn't have become the NEXT SUPREME LEADER! The Queen and Phule will rule now. The Queen and Phule had conceived this plan once the Armada first found out about us.
Phule: How about you and I rule as the new leaders of the Armada. We will rule Valencia.
Queen: What about Kane?
Phule: I will show the pirate how to kill Kane, once that is finished you will stay alive.
Queen: Are you sure?
Phule: Of course, we are better than foolish Kane.

What did you guys think?
Was it a good theory? Were there any points I missed? Let me know.

Privy of Trickery

Commodore
May 31, 2009
894
Brave Max StrongPV... on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have a theory. As you can see by the subject, I'd like to call this theory the Phule Theory.
To start this off I'm not sure if this is true. That is the danger of theories. I DON'T MEAN TO SPREAD ANY MISINFORMATION!

Now you see, Phule always took a liking to us. Even when we first met him, he didn't want to fight us and he left the other troops to fight us. In Valencia Part 2, he took out the front guards and said he hoped we defeated Kane. Or, at least he wasn't really on Kane's side. He said there was no place for himself there. Why? Because he didn't want to still be the court jester! As to civil matters, he never really was included in that type of thing. Why did he not want to be the jester? Kane never took a liking to him. He was never seen as a big figure of the Armada. OR WAS HE THE WHOLE TIME? Now you see, Phule betrayed Kane just so we could defeat him, and guess what? We did. If we hadn't Phule wouldn't have become the NEXT SUPREME LEADER! The Queen and Phule will rule now. The Queen and Phule had conceived this plan once the Armada first found out about us.
Phule: How about you and I rule as the new leaders of the Armada. We will rule Valencia.
Queen: What about Kane?
Phule: I will show the pirate how to kill Kane, once that is finished you will stay alive.
Queen: Are you sure?
Phule: Of course, we are better than foolish Kane.

What did you guys think?
Was it a good theory? Were there any points I missed? Let me know.

Privy of Trickery
Pretty good theory, though I don't think Phule and the Queen are working together. Phule has an agenda of his own; he's interested in the player's pirate and their quest for whatever comes next. I'd guess that Phule did what he did at the Machine for the reason you gave: he's tired of being the jester and he wants things to continue in a way that works out well for him. The Queen probably has her own plans that involve trying to continue what Kane started or an entirely new goal. Maybe we'll face her and/or Phule in El Dorado if we manage to recreate or find the pieces of Pollo's map that Kane had.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
6
MistyDragon13 on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
Pretty good theory, though I don't think Phule and the Queen are working together. Phule has an agenda of his own; he's interested in the player's pirate and their quest for whatever comes next. I'd guess that Phule did what he did at the Machine for the reason you gave: he's tired of being the jester and he wants things to continue in a way that works out well for him. The Queen probably has her own plans that involve trying to continue what Kane started or an entirely new goal. Maybe we'll face her and/or Phule in El Dorado if we manage to recreate or find the pieces of Pollo's map that Kane had.
Thank you, MistyDragon13. I appreciate it. I do believe that the Queen and Phule ARE working together for specific reasons. Yes, Phule probably does have an agenda of his own, but what if the Queen and Phule are loosely working together. Phule is doing his part over somewhere else and the Queen is in Valencia, operating in secret. The reason Queen is operating in secret is because the Armada is weak at the moment. Without Kane's leadership; the Armada is dying. Now that the Queen is alive she may take Kane's pieces of Pollo's map. She will attempt to make her way to El Dorado, but to get to El Dorado what do you have to go through? A few worlds. Let's say Polaris is the next world, because I am going to say it's pretty confirmed. Phule, (being the dirty rat he is in my theory) tells our pirate that the Armada is still in operation and is on the race to El Dorado. Basically, it's a classic pirate treasure hunt.
Also, I see what you said about an ENTIRELY NEW GOAL. What do you exactly mean? Devouring or invading a world? That would be my guess.

Privy of Trickery

Commodore
May 31, 2009
894
Brave Max StrongPV... on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Thank you, MistyDragon13. I appreciate it. I do believe that the Queen and Phule ARE working together for specific reasons. Yes, Phule probably does have an agenda of his own, but what if the Queen and Phule are loosely working together. Phule is doing his part over somewhere else and the Queen is in Valencia, operating in secret. The reason Queen is operating in secret is because the Armada is weak at the moment. Without Kane's leadership; the Armada is dying. Now that the Queen is alive she may take Kane's pieces of Pollo's map. She will attempt to make her way to El Dorado, but to get to El Dorado what do you have to go through? A few worlds. Let's say Polaris is the next world, because I am going to say it's pretty confirmed. Phule, (being the dirty rat he is in my theory) tells our pirate that the Armada is still in operation and is on the race to El Dorado. Basically, it's a classic pirate treasure hunt.
Also, I see what you said about an ENTIRELY NEW GOAL. What do you exactly mean? Devouring or invading a world? That would be my guess.

Privy of Trickery
I imagine Phule and the Queen would still communicate with each other; each one is probably heading towards a different end result, but getting anything done with the Armada in shambles might be difficult for them. The Queen may shift her focus to El Dorado and hunting down our pirate in revenge, or she could continue Kane's plan to tear down the Spiral. She might even try to rebuild Kane.

I also wonder whether or not the fact that the Machine had a mind of its own will play a part in the future story. The mystery of the crystals is very interesting; I'll bet there's something important linked to them. Then there's the fact that our pirate's parents warned us against El Dorado instead of encouraging us to find it before someone else. It's curious to think that after all of the work we did that they'd suddenly change their wishes from beyond the grave.

As for the next worlds, Polaris is a good bet and I'm hoping we get to see the pirate side of Krokotopia and/or Grizzleheim. If they're still out there, I want to meet the other members of Pollo's crew and have a visit with my pirates' foster parents.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
6
MistyDragon13 on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
I imagine Phule and the Queen would still communicate with each other; each one is probably heading towards a different end result, but getting anything done with the Armada in shambles might be difficult for them. The Queen may shift her focus to El Dorado and hunting down our pirate in revenge, or she could continue Kane's plan to tear down the Spiral. She might even try to rebuild Kane.

I also wonder whether or not the fact that the Machine had a mind of its own will play a part in the future story. The mystery of the crystals is very interesting; I'll bet there's something important linked to them. Then there's the fact that our pirate's parents warned us against El Dorado instead of encouraging us to find it before someone else. It's curious to think that after all of the work we did that they'd suddenly change their wishes from beyond the grave.

As for the next worlds, Polaris is a good bet and I'm hoping we get to see the pirate side of Krokotopia and/or Grizzleheim. If they're still out there, I want to meet the other members of Pollo's crew and have a visit with my pirates' foster parents.
I agree. Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, and Polaris would be great to see. Krokotopia and Polaris are probably the most "CONFIRMED". Because in one of the Rogue Gallery videos, there's a picture of a Pirate101 ship at an island with a pyramid on it. You can see the deck and all. As for Polaris, they've been dragging it out.

The Machine having a mind of its own is a very possible, and evident. My pirate's foster parents are from Grizzleheim so I would love to see it.

Anyways, all these ideas could form into one, and thanks for explaining.

Privy of Trickery

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10605
Brave Max StrongPV... on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
I agree. Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, and Polaris would be great to see. Krokotopia and Polaris are probably the most "CONFIRMED". Because in one of the Rogue Gallery videos, there's a picture of a Pirate101 ship at an island with a pyramid on it. You can see the deck and all. As for Polaris, they've been dragging it out.

The Machine having a mind of its own is a very possible, and evident. My pirate's foster parents are from Grizzleheim so I would love to see it.

Anyways, all these ideas could form into one, and thanks for explaining.

Privy of Trickery
That was Deacon's Rogues Gallery: in it was explained that Deacon arranged to trade with Krokotopia, but what was his real purpose there?

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
184
Kane wanted to reconstruct the Spiral in his own image and likeness, not Queen. Remember, all the clockworks Kane built were just assets to his cause. For Kane, in order to reconstruct the entire Spiral in his image and likeness, would also mean destroying his clockworks. What reason does Queen have to do as Kane wanted to? Queen was built to aid Kane, and eventually be eradicated once Kane achieved his ultimate goal. Kane wouldn't have any further use for his clockworks. Queen has ulterior motives, whether that may be a coup which eradicates the Valencian court, or a deeper plot which has yet to be revealed.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
413
Cool theory bro. I might like to add to this a bit. After all, robot logic is sort of my specialty (well, I might be making that up, but for sake of argument, let's say it is).

So, to get one thing clear, if you're familiar with Issac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics, throw those out the window. They do not apply to Kane and crew. They all violate the First Law.

Now, there's something else of interest. When Kane tries to make his getaway after you destroy his guard. He tells the Machine to destroy destroy the chamber he's in and to prepare his escape capsule. The Machine denies this request. The Machine tells Kane that if the chamber is destroyed, he won't be able to fulfill his purpose. That may sound weird, but there's a little detail that a lot of people may not have caught. Kane, before his order to the Machine, tells us that us getting past the guard was the least favorable and that it was a highly unlikely scenario, but that he's accounted for it. Notice his wording. Unlikely and least. Now, while he may have more free will than other robots, he is still confined to the limitations of being a robot. After all, if something superior to a human was given complete free will, it would most likely end catastrophically. Being a robot, he would've run every possible outcome of the fight between us and the guards and saw that there were very few ways we would've come out of that alive. Being the supreme being he is, he thought that programming the Machine to self-destruct and prepare his escape vessel was beneath him. So, he delegated it to somebody who was of little value, and menial strength. Somebody who was such a failure, they couldn't be trusted to fight anyway.

Phule.

Phule is considered a liability to Kane. He was the first attempt, and a failure. Kane couldn't possibly stand on the same stage as that failure. It would not do. So, he assigns Phule to do this. Surely, he couldn't possibly mess this up. I'm out of room, so continue this in the next comment.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
413
Continued from my last comment...

Well, let's remember why Kane was constructed. He was constructed out of spite, hated, and a drive for revenge. Kane sees himself as imperfect because he was built by the hands of men. So, he wanted to create a form where he could be perfect. A perfect machine from a perfect machine. Unfortunately, Phule didn't quite end up like that. Phule was created from a drive for revenge as Kane was. Like father like son, Kane betrayed his master, so Phule followed suit and betrayed his master.However, Kane isn't just going to create a robot with a mind of its own. That was the mistake of his father, and this son would not make such a human error. Kane made sure each of his clockworks followed the leader of the Armada. The reason I use leader, is because if Kane found a way to better himself, he would still want all of his army to follow him, even if he wasn't Kane any longer; alternatively, if he was destroyed somehow, then an heir could be appointed in his absence who could lead the remnants of the Armada.

So, Phule won't betray his master and everything is good. Kane then gets to work on his other clockwork soldiers. This time, he won't make the same Phule-ish mistakes that lead to his first creation. Eventually, Kane has basically perfected his design, and he creates the clockwork we all know and love, the Queen. The Queen has almost unlimited mobility, an ability to heal all of her allies, First Strike 3 to make sure she doesn't get caught off guard, and some massive attack power. This is the best clockwork imaginable, save what Kane could do to himself in El Dorado. This would be Kane's heir.

However, when you're a robot that is better than the others being lead by what is essentially an inferior, that doesn't sit well. This is what the Queen is thinking. So the Queen, seeing the damage the pirate has done, determines the pirate will go away when Kane is gone. So, she determines that Kane is a threat to the Armada. (continued next)

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
413
(Continued from last post)

To recap, we now have the strongest clockwork in existence deciding it doesn't like Kane anymore, and Phule, who will turn on Kane at any point. Stage seems pretty set for a mutiny eh?

Well, not yet. If the Queen were to turn on Kane now, she would be viewed as a threat to the Armada by the entire Armada. As strong as she is, actions like that don't lead to longevity. So, the Queen needs a plan to put Kane in the open, without being implicated in a possible mutiny. Then it hits her; let the pirate infiltrate the Machine. So, she sets forth the steps to let the pirate rescue Gaspaccio without it being blatantly obvious. How do we know she did this? Because Kane threatened us that once we stepped out of line, he would have our heads. Not his exact words but same point.

Of course, any order Kane gave would override the Queen's orders. After all, Kane is the leader, not the Queen. Before she can do this, she needs to be able to give orders that only she can cancel.

So, she sends the order to the Armada that she is the new leader of the Armada and that Kane is a threat. Of course, she does this without telling Kane, and she never lets any of his orders get refuted to make sure he thinks he is still in charge. She also sends the order that nobody is to hurt Kane.

Now, the problem is that the Queen isn't perfect yet. Kane still has the perfect brain from El Doradian machinery, so he is still superior in that way. So, the Queen has Phule set a trap for Kane. He erases any programming in the Machine to allow for escape when the pirate succeeds, and sets it up so that the Machine will take the brain of Kane so that that Queen will be able to have it once Kane is destroyed. Then, in the fight against us, she simply fakes her death upon taking a beating, so when the coast is clear, she can come back, take Kane's brain, and resume operation of the Armada, now with the threat of Kane and the pirate out of the way.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 70

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
6
FireMorgan13 on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
(Continued from last post)

To recap, we now have the strongest clockwork in existence deciding it doesn't like Kane anymore, and Phule, who will turn on Kane at any point. Stage seems pretty set for a mutiny eh?

Well, not yet. If the Queen were to turn on Kane now, she would be viewed as a threat to the Armada by the entire Armada. As strong as she is, actions like that don't lead to longevity. So, the Queen needs a plan to put Kane in the open, without being implicated in a possible mutiny. Then it hits her; let the pirate infiltrate the Machine. So, she sets forth the steps to let the pirate rescue Gaspaccio without it being blatantly obvious. How do we know she did this? Because Kane threatened us that once we stepped out of line, he would have our heads. Not his exact words but same point.

Of course, any order Kane gave would override the Queen's orders. After all, Kane is the leader, not the Queen. Before she can do this, she needs to be able to give orders that only she can cancel.

So, she sends the order to the Armada that she is the new leader of the Armada and that Kane is a threat. Of course, she does this without telling Kane, and she never lets any of his orders get refuted to make sure he thinks he is still in charge. She also sends the order that nobody is to hurt Kane.

Now, the problem is that the Queen isn't perfect yet. Kane still has the perfect brain from El Doradian machinery, so he is still superior in that way. So, the Queen has Phule set a trap for Kane. He erases any programming in the Machine to allow for escape when the pirate succeeds, and sets it up so that the Machine will take the brain of Kane so that that Queen will be able to have it once Kane is destroyed. Then, in the fight against us, she simply fakes her death upon taking a beating, so when the coast is clear, she can come back, take Kane's brain, and resume operation of the Armada, now with the threat of Kane and the pirate out of the way.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 70
Sadly, I'm going to have to object to this. Phule would have no part with Kane. Have you ever seen Kane and Phule together, in game? Not a single time, yeah sure in a puppet show, but let's not consider that. My theory would be is that Queen is going to rebuild Kane. No, no, not his physical body, but his mind. She will bring him with her, to El Dorado and make him in a PERFECT physical body.

Now that he is perfect he can take down our pirate. But I expect this to happen near the end of the game (if there will be an end to this game). I assume maybe four or five arcs.

Privy of Trickery