Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 1st Arc ( How it should have ended )

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Greetings Kingisle and Pirate101 players.

Aside from Pirate101, I enjoy writing short stories in my spare time. I even wrote a novel and have taken courses on the art of storytelling, and that why I have always enjoyed Pirate101 and Wizard101 above most of the other games I have ever played. I recently did valencia part 2 and was disappointed at the ending cut scene. I do realize that KI had to cut the story a bit short, but I do think they could have done slightly better than to carelessly and lazily leave queen miraculously erect and expect us to accept it. Don't take this as me just complaining. I have, in fact, rewritten the tail end of the last scene.

The scene is set with Phule standing among the bodies ( Several of them have been disassembled including the back of Kane's head. ) Phule is standing by the body of Kane holding an object.
White face: Ah, the mind of Kane, but alas Kane is gone. Gone forever ( Takes a dramatic pause and let the object in his hand drop. )
Black face: Surely, the young pirate could have done better than this. ( Geering voice )
White face: Kane is beyond repair, but Queen. . .
Black face: And what could be better than Kane's very own finest creation?

I hope this was helpful. I think that we would all love to see more of Phule and Queen. Also, Phule's conflict between good and evil could easily be played through just a little bit longer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anonymous Ducky on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
Greetings Kingisle and Pirate101 players.

Aside from Pirate101, I enjoy writing short stories in my spare time. I even wrote a novel and have taken courses on the art of storytelling, and that why I have always enjoyed Pirate101 and Wizard101 above most of the other games I have ever played. I recently did valencia part 2 and was disappointed at the ending cut scene. I do realize that KI had to cut the story a bit short, but I do think they could have done slightly better than to carelessly and lazily leave queen miraculously erect and expect us to accept it. Don't take this as me just complaining. I have, in fact, rewritten the tail end of the last scene.

The scene is set with Phule standing among the bodies ( Several of them have been disassembled including the back of Kane's head. ) Phule is standing by the body of Kane holding an object.
White face: Ah, the mind of Kane, but alas Kane is gone. Gone forever ( Takes a dramatic pause and let the object in his hand drop. )
Black face: Surely, the young pirate could have done better than this. ( Geering voice )
White face: Kane is beyond repair, but Queen. . .
Black face: And what could be better than Kane's very own finest creation?

I hope this was helpful. I think that we would all love to see more of Phule and Queen. Also, Phule's conflict between good and evil could easily be played through just a little bit longer.
I wish you success in your writing career, and I hope you find a publisher for your novel. I don't see Phule quite as conflicted between Good and Evil; he seems more intergrated now; more like White Face is pleasant and Black Face is cynical and both are highly intelligent observers.
I wonder if he would be as willing to serve Queen the same way he had served Kane?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
An interesting idea, Ducky... but if Phule was holding the back of Kane's 'skull' I would expect him to say something like: "Alas, poor Kane, I knew him well... not."

But more importantly, I don't think Queen needed help to be revived. I think she had planned for such an eventuality.

One question is certainly: why was Phule not in that end battle? I don't think any of the Elites dare to defy Kane directly. That would be asking for a one-way trip to the scrap heap. One possibility is that Phule simply made himself scarce, and was thus 'unavailable' to Kane's beck and call. If the pirate had lost, then there would have been some explaining to do to his 'father'! Which could have indeed ended in a one-way trip to the scrap pile, but I could see Phule deciding it was worth the risk. After all, if dear old 'Dad' gets his way, eventually there wouldn't be enough of Phule to even be considered scrap: he figured he'd just be atomized with the rest of the imperfect Spiral.

I had mentioned (somewhere) that concerning the Grand Design, Kane's Elites should be nervous. Certainly Phule was. What if Phule was not the only one? Then there is the question of how many of them were in on it if Kane was betrayed.

We don't know if Kane was betrayed. But I confess that I am surprised Kane did not put some safeguards in the final battle; a battle surrounded by all that strange techno-magic, after all. Yes, he's the most advanced being in the Spiral, but accidents can happen. Were I the most perfect (or almost perfect) being in the Spiral, I would make sure my precious self survived any eventuality, remote though it may be. Kane was surprised at the end: because we defeated him, or because his failsafe did not work? Hmm...

Though I would have enjoyed more conflict with Kane (in his present form) before the 'final' battle, I did indeed like the resolution of the Armada 'problem' at the end of chapter 15, and gives very good 'vibes' about more drama and adventure to come!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
I wish you success in your writing career, and I hope you find a publisher for your novel. I don't see Phule quite as conflicted between Good and Evil; he seems more intergrated now; more like White Face is pleasant and Black Face is cynical and both are highly intelligent observers.
I wonder if he would be as willing to serve Queen the same way he had served Kane?
In the top left corner when Phule was loading it said Phule comedy and Phule drama. I thought I might add this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
An interesting idea, Ducky... but if Phule was holding the back of Kane's 'skull' I would expect him to say something like: "Alas, poor Kane, I knew him well... not."

But more importantly, I don't think Queen needed help to be revived. I think she had planned for such an eventuality.

One question is certainly: why was Phule not in that end battle? I don't think any of the Elites dare to defy Kane directly. That would be asking for a one-way trip to the scrap heap. One possibility is that Phule simply made himself scarce, and was thus 'unavailable' to Kane's beck and call. If the pirate had lost, then there would have been some explaining to do to his 'father'! Which could have indeed ended in a one-way trip to the scrap pile, but I could see Phule deciding it was worth the risk. After all, if dear old 'Dad' gets his way, eventually there wouldn't be enough of Phule to even be considered scrap: he figured he'd just be atomized with the rest of the imperfect Spiral.

I had mentioned (somewhere) that concerning the Grand Design, Kane's Elites should be nervous. Certainly Phule was. What if Phule was not the only one? Then there is the question of how many of them were in on it if Kane was betrayed.

We don't know if Kane was betrayed. But I confess that I am surprised Kane did not put some safeguards in the final battle; a battle surrounded by all that strange techno-magic, after all. Yes, he's the most advanced being in the Spiral, but accidents can happen. Were I the most perfect (or almost perfect) being in the Spiral, I would make sure my precious self survived any eventuality, remote though it may be. Kane was surprised at the end: because we defeated him, or because his failsafe did not work? Hmm...

Though I would have enjoyed more conflict with Kane (in his present form) before the 'final' battle, I did indeed like the resolution of the Armada 'problem' at the end of chapter 15, and gives very good 'vibes' about more drama and adventure to come!
Well, Anne, Kane might have planned for a defeat scenario if he had the imagination to conceive that he could be beaten! But as you pointed out elsewhere, Kane lacks an imagination, he certainly couldn't imagine that a flawed & imperfect ( less intelligent, also ) being would defeat him!
He died; his mind was removed and sent away ( back to El Dorado, maybe? ) but we may not see him return for a while.
The immediate problem is the Armada - empires have great inertia, ending the tyranny will take some time. The ruling class of Valencia seems to be oblivious to what was being planned. There will be some who will wish to keep their power ( the Tortellinis ). There will be some too afraid to join against them, but some will join the Resistance.
I only hope it won't come down to a civil war in Valencia.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
In the top left corner when Phule was loading it said Phule comedy and Phule drama. I thought I might add this.
It's because he's wearing a theater mask ( used to symbolize the two aspects of theater, comedy and tragedy ) which are sometimes shown as two masks - one smiling and the other weeping or as one mask split in the middle as we see in Phule.
But that was a nice catch all the same.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
Well, Anne, Kane might have planned for a defeat scenario if he had the imagination to conceive that he could be beaten! But as you pointed out elsewhere, Kane lacks an imagination, he certainly couldn't imagine that a flawed & imperfect ( less intelligent, also ) being would defeat him!
He died; his mind was removed and sent away ( back to El Dorado, maybe? ) but we may not see him return for a while.
The immediate problem is the Armada - empires have great inertia, ending the tyranny will take some time. The ruling class of Valencia seems to be oblivious to what was being planned. There will be some who will wish to keep their power ( the Tortellinis ). There will be some too afraid to join against them, but some will join the Resistance.
I only hope it won't come down to a civil war in Valencia.
True, I don't think the tyranny of the Armada will stop any time soon, either. Indeed, I would expect Queen to engineer a fairly seamless takeover.

She can easily convince the King & Queen of Valencia. All she needs to do is tell the 'heartbreaking' story of how a treacherous pirate sneaked into Kane's fortress and killed their brilliant leader. She might even say Kane was 'murdered' -- lies, not truth, are the ally of the Armada. The rulers of Valencia will not want a power vacuum, and will surely agree to transferring authority to Kane's second-in-command (which by appearing in the throne room with Kane, was definitely the impression both automatons were giving). She would surely argue for more money and support to bring down 'the pirate menace' & probably step up the war in Marleybone. Marleybonians will be greatly heartened at the news of Kane's demise, and as the new supreme commander, I expect Queen will want to try to decisively squash them.

How, though, might be very interesting. She seems to be more of an 'out-of-the-box' thinker than Kane, which makes her all the more dangerous. Focused strikes, assassins attacking in the night, use of misdirection, rumor and terror may be more her speed than annihilating armies and navies.

The Crabs will likely step up their intrigues to be the favored ones of the new Armada leader; were I Queen, I would let them play against each other to squeeze out the most advantage for myself.

The next question is: how do the other Elites play into this? We know Phule survived: will he make a push for power against Queen, ally himself to her, or be disconcertingly ambiguous? Phule might find our youthful pirate an interesting toy, but I think he only acted against Kane out of a sense of survival. I doubt he would remain 'on our side'. (he could pretend to, however!) And what of the others? Did they hope for survival too? They were awfully silent on the battlefield. Can Queen revive them? Would she want to? I guess we'll find out!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
True, I don't think the tyranny of the Armada will stop any time soon, either. Indeed, I would expect Queen to engineer a fairly seamless takeover.

She can easily convince the King & Queen of Valencia. All she needs to do is tell the 'heartbreaking' story of how a treacherous pirate sneaked into Kane's fortress and killed their brilliant leader. She might even say Kane was 'murdered' -- lies, not truth, are the ally of the Armada. The rulers of Valencia will not want a power vacuum, and will surely agree to transferring authority to Kane's second-in-command (which by appearing in the throne room with Kane, was definitely the impression both automatons were giving). She would surely argue for more money and support to bring down 'the pirate menace' & probably step up the war in Marleybone. Marleybonians will be greatly heartened at the news of Kane's demise, and as the new supreme commander, I expect Queen will want to try to decisively squash them.

How, though, might be very interesting. She seems to be more of an 'out-of-the-box' thinker than Kane, which makes her all the more dangerous. Focused strikes, assassins attacking in the night, use of misdirection, rumor and terror may be more her speed than annihilating armies and navies.

The Crabs will likely step up their intrigues to be the favored ones of the new Armada leader; were I Queen, I would let them play against each other to squeeze out the most advantage for myself.

The next question is: how do the other Elites play into this? We know Phule survived: will he make a push for power against Queen, ally himself to her, or be disconcertingly ambiguous? Phule might find our youthful pirate an interesting toy, but I think he only acted against Kane out of a sense of survival. I doubt he would remain 'on our side'. (he could pretend to, however!) And what of the others? Did they hope for survival too? They were awfully silent on the battlefield. Can Queen revive them? Would she want to? I guess we'll find out!
Of the rest of Kane's Court, we had the assurance ( from Kane, true ) that they were "only machines". This could or could not be true - certainly Rooke and Deacon were completely silent through the battle, as was Bishop.
Did he actually replicate them and then order them to be silent so as to make us think they were "only machines"? Or is that too complicated? Imagine our dismay at finding out that they were actually back!
We know that Bishop survived his encounter with us in Marleybone and we had the assurance from Blind Mew that we had "scared Bishop so much he was planning upgrades". Certainly I didn't observe anything new in his attacks, but maybe an upgrade was designed to preserve his precious self?
If so, then Queen has Kane's R&D scientist at her command ready to make new and more devastating weapons.
Will she scrap the Destructor Fleet or retro fit them for war?

Ensign
May 26, 2014
I, of corse, would like some explanation on Queens revival and what would happen to the other in the inner circle, and to Phule. Its most likely that there will be an answer for most of our questions in the next arc.

I'm perfectly fine with the current end scene,
but it would be cool to see someone like Phule (or maybe someone new?), walking around the broken bodies of the Armada Inner Circle, and calmly laughing to themselves. Maybe some dialogue too. (I haven't quite figured this part out yet)

The end scene where Queen turns and laughs, my guess that is was mostly directed at Kane.
Queen could be on out-side-the-box thinker (she probably is) or have her own endgame plan. I don't believe she will try to take control of Valencia or the Armada just yet. I think she will "lay low" if you will, for a while.
Or she'll go and find someway to restore Kane (for whatever reason). If this were to happen I don't think Queen will try to make a new Kane less intelligent. If she restores him, that means getting his mind back, which is most likely to have thoughts and memories still intact. I do believe Kane will return, in some form or another.
I don't think we've seen the last of Kane, Queen, Phule, or the schemes of the Armada.

As for the Valencians, for some reason i think they'll fall into an economic crisis (probably not).
I think the Resistants will start to win back over the unicorn Elites and as Contessa said "Hopefully we'll get them out of their stupor!"

As for Phule being on our side or not. He might not be completely on out side but, I think he'll stay on good terms with us, for a while anyway.
He said he wants the Great Machine destroyed, because that would help insure his survival. I doubt he'll want to make an enemy with someone stronger than he (your pirate) that would compromise his survival.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Of the rest of Kane's Court, we had the assurance ( from Kane, true ) that they were "only machines". This could or could not be true - certainly Rooke and Deacon were completely silent through the battle, as was Bishop.
Did he actually replicate them and then order them to be silent so as to make us think they were "only machines"? Or is that too complicated? Imagine our dismay at finding out that they were actually back!
We know that Bishop survived his encounter with us in Marleybone and we had the assurance from Blind Mew that we had "scared Bishop so much he was planning upgrades". Certainly I didn't observe anything new in his attacks, but maybe an upgrade was designed to preserve his precious self?
If so, then Queen has Kane's R&D scientist at her command ready to make new and more devastating weapons.
Will she scrap the Destructor Fleet or retro fit them for war?
Well, yes. Anne was certainly dismayed to see they were actually back -- especially Deacon, our old nemesis! Ahhh!

And now, I really wonder: with the exception of Queen and Phule, the survival of the rest of Kane's Court is an open question... and I would love to know the answer! (except, of course, that won't happen for some time, I expect)

This leads me to another question: how many of the Elites were quietly against Kane's plan of er, steam-cleaning the Spiral, as it were? We know Phule was. What of Queen? Is her survival because:
a) She made sure she wasn't killed in the battle with the pirate, irrespective of how everything else went. Though if true, she was awfully well satisfied by the demise of Kane.

b) She made sure she would survive by taking Kane's 'back door' (assuming, Esperanza points out, he actually had one). That would be a nifty trick, accomplishing two goals in one fell swoop (and considering her, I mean a fell swoop indeed)
c) or something else? Were indeed Kane's battle plans sabotaged?

If so, did Queen do so all by herself? Was Phule acting independently when he handed us the key, allowing us to enter the inner sanctum fresh and unharmed by fighting our way through? As Esperanza suggests, did Bishop have 'upgrades' that would allow him to survive an ordinarily lethal blow? If so, was he conspiring with his 'sister'? What of Rooke and Deacon? They don't even react when Kane dismisses them as merely machines. Though, maybe the new copies -made in relative haste?- were. Certainly the Rooke and Deacon we knew were proud, arrogant sorts who would at least lift their heads up indignantly at such a cold remark. Though, if they were in on a plan to get rid of Kane, they wouldn't care, would they?

I hope Bishop at least ends up surviving. As Esperanza says, Queen would greatly benefit having Kane's R&D scientist at her call, and I expect that she would be shrewd enough to realize that kept reasonably happy, he would not threaten her power either.