Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yum

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
What does yum taste like in pirate?
LOL! Great question! I'm thinking grape juice with a little bit of carbonation to taste like soda, but just a little bit hard to fit the healthier, better-for-you and yummier alternative of some kind of harder drink like rum.

And Yum-N-Ade is Yum (as I described), but with lemonade added! That sounds really good, actually!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
LOL! Great question! I'm thinking grape juice with a little bit of carbonation to taste like soda, but just a little bit hard to fit the healthier, better-for-you and yummier alternative of some kind of harder drink like rum.

And Yum-N-Ade is Yum (as I described), but with lemonade added! That sounds really good, actually!
I think a Tropical Fruit Punch may be a good approximation. And you can make Ade with any citrus fruit.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I always thought it would be like a Sprite mixed with Blackberry, Grape, Cranberry, or Raspberry juice.

Wouldn't it be cool if KingsIsle added a recipe of how to make your own Yum in "Free Downloads"?
I would try it! It would probably make a great punch for birthday parties!

See you in the skyways!
Misty

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ha, great topic

Well yum is a pun for the alcohol of choice for pirates, rum. So I assume that it would taste a lot like that

But other than an alcoholic taste I always imagined it would taste like pear nectar as yum yum fruit looks a lot like pear, and that it would also taste like creaming soda.

Yum-n-ade could be the same but with some lemon thrown in too!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
I think a Tropical Fruit Punch may be a good approximation. And you can make Ade with any citrus fruit.
Yes, Esperanza; Minute Maid Tropical Punch is off the (pirate) hook!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Avery "... and it makes your breath minty fresh, which is nice." from the puppet show about Captain Gunn.
Maybe there's a hint of mint to yum?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ah, but which color Yum? For the purple/blue one, how about similar to Plum, but with some pear flavor too. Red yum? Plum with strawberry or Raspberry.
Really, I think they would taste yumish, sweet, but not exactly like any other fruit, and tough to describe, except by saying it tastes like yum

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
I think the taste of yum would be described using this equation

electricity+every existing fruit+gunpowder(yes really)+ice+mint=yum

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
kingme655 on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
What does yum taste like in pirate?
Passion Fruits!!!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think it's like the nectar in the Percy Jackson series - it tastes like your favorite drink of all time.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
I think it's like the nectar in the Percy Jackson series - it tastes like your favorite drink of all time.

Oh yes!

Blue raspberry lemonade Yum, please?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
I think the taste of yum would be described using this equation

electricity+every existing fruit+gunpowder(yes really)+ice+mint=yum
Hmm... Interesting! I might be electrocuted, then!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think its a cross between grape, blackberry, and raspberry with fizz since our pirates are kids.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey