Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your Gameplay Tips for September 2018

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Community! We need your gameplay tips for inclusion in each month's KI Live, just like how we gather questions!

Reply to this forum thread, or one of the social posts we put up over the next few days, and we will select ~5 tips to present on this month's KI Live. Each selected tip will receive a similar amount of Crowns as the 10~ questions we respond too.

Tips should be brief (a sentence or two) and must be appropriate to all ages and make sense for presenting on our KI Lives. They must also not include cheats or extensive spoilers.
Only one tip per player per KI Live please. For social, use #Pirate101Tips

We can't wait to see what great tips you come up with!

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Epic talents can make a huge difference in combat. Be sure to train some from the hidden trainers in Devilfish Hollow, which change every hour.

Ensign
Jul 18, 2013
My gameplay tip is to always stock up on companion training tomes as you will want your companions to be around your level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
Community! We need your gameplay tips for inclusion in each month's KI Live, just like how we gather questions!

Reply to this forum thread, or one of the social posts we put up over the next few days, and we will select ~5 tips to present on this month's KI Live. Each selected tip will receive a similar amount of Crowns as the 10~ questions we respond too.

Tips should be brief (a sentence or two) and must be appropriate to all ages and make sense for presenting on our KI Lives. They must also not include cheats or extensive spoilers.
Only one tip per player per KI Live please. For social, use #Pirate101Tips

We can't wait to see what great tips you come up with!
When you hit level 25, you can access the Clandestine Trainers, gaining extra powers. Find them in Devilfish Hollow, through the rap door.

Ensign
May 29, 2009
Make sure to do side quests whenever you can. Allot of them have really cool rewards, including badges!

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
If you're having trouble with a dungeon or instance, use the team up ledger! Many pirates look there frequently to see if they can help anybody!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Always keep your best companions close to your current level! You gain companion tomes every time you level up. If you can't buy any or ran out of tomes, use the quest finder feature to find a quest that may end up giving you tomes!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Use your doubloons when on the turn where you send all your companions in to attack the enemies! Jackrabbit juju can cause your companions to attack multiple times in a row!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
If you need someone to help quest through the game with, ask on the forums. You might find someone.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not making a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you need to travel somewhere, but also need to return to your spot, place a mark. You do this this by using the "mark this spot" button or the "page down" key on your keyboard.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
My top gameplay tip is always to look out for your fellow players. Don't be afraid to offer help to someone that needs assistance with a tough dungeon or fight!

Hardy Quinn

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
My gameplay tip for September 2018: Do not, and I mean do not, LOL, make multiple Pirates all at the same time unless you have a lot of extra time. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my Pirate's life.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
When you train your companions in epic abilities, you may want to keep to one or two of the epic talents rather than one of everything, because at the third level of an epic talent, you start getting additional bonuses along with the ability to attack a third enemy. Third level epics are GOOD!

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
When you magnificent 7 companion hits level 60 for the aquila fights, plan an evening where you do not intend to do any other fights as you will inevitably lose a lot of your crew

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
here is my gameplay tip. make the best use out of all your companions. sometimes a companion may look weak to start but by marleybone or aquila they may become tanks. so use your crew to the fullest potential possible.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Not all enemies can be defeated the same way, so make sure you don't confine yourself to one strategy- collect differing pieces of battle gear, pets, weapons and the like and make sure to experiment with unorthodox fighting styles and various companions. It is important to be prepared for all the different, distinct foes that you face in the spiral.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2015
Pets can be SO useful, be sure to train them!

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Always train Relentless, Burst Fire, or Mojo Echo on a companion if it’s an option, it’s one of the most useful epic talents in the game.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2017
anecorbie on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
When you hit level 25, you can access the Clandestine Trainers, gaining extra powers. Find them in Devilfish Hollow, through the rap door.
Its level 20. But I agree, the cladestine trainer is REALLY useful!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2017
I think everybody should farm A LOT once you run out of quests. If you have side quests though, do them first. If you level up, it could unlock even more quests. And then that's when you start to get new powers and epics and talents and companions and practice points and so on!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
My gameplay tip for September 2018: Do not, and I mean do not, LOL, make multiple Pirates all at the same time unless you have a lot of extra time. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my Pirate's life.
I disagree -- having pirates of various levels on your account leads to much variety in the rewards they get from their companions given orders like Pet Wrangling and Scavenging. Higher level pirates can receive higher level gear. Also, a pirate who needs to train crew members or recover from Bed Rest can go "on vacation" and have their companions gaining gold and training pets while you work on another character on that same account.

My tip would be make sure you have created all pirate characters on your account and leveled them at least to the point where they can help each other gain gold, snacks, pet eggs and gear.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I like how people are still talking on this thread even though the October Gameplay Tips is up now

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Lookit Light on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
I like how people are still talking on this thread even though the October Gameplay Tips is up now
Good point! We'll start locking these so people don't get confused.

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~