Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You Know, It's Weird

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
It's weird how I can say "Crissy," and instantly I smile because she's such a kind, caring, and loving person.
I can say "Anne," and be reminded of a logical woman with an incredible way with words.
I can say "Griffin," or "Richard," and laugh aloud at their halarious jokes.
I can say "Pirate101 Lover," and know that by now you've must have broken a world record for, "Most Pirate101 Roleplays."
I can say "Blind Mew," and I might start pulling out my hair for reasons we all know.
I can say "One Eyed Jack," and feel enternally grateful for all the help he's provided.
I can say any other "name," and I have a warm feeling for all they've added to the Community.
But it's weird.
I don't really, really, know you guys, yet you are probably by far some of the best friends I've ever had!
I don't know what you look like, yet for some reason that doesn't stand in the way.
I don't know what you sound like, yet I can hear your laughter as clear as a bell.
So how is this possible?
My friend asked me one day.
You could be talking to online predators!
I tell her about the moderation system, but I still wonder,
I know you and love you all,
But how?
I don't know any of you!
But!
Does it realy matter if we all are loved and accepted in a way like no other here?
Please post your opinion.

~Merciless Emma Jenkins, Level 50 Swashbuckler

Administrator
Thank you for this thread, and I truly appreciate that you are considering online safety!

We understand that many young players will enjoy Pirate101. While we encourage parents and guardians to play along with their children, we know that doesn't always happen. In order to create and foster an environment for Pirate101 that offers protection for young players, we have included several safeguards for communication.

You can read more about these in-game protections in the following areas on the website: ESRB Rating, Safety Features, and Online Safety.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
It's weird how I can say "Crissy," and instantly I smile because she's such a kind, caring, and loving person.
I can say "Anne," and be reminded of a logical woman with an incredible way with words.
I can say "Pirate101 Lover," and know that by now you've must have broken a world record for, "Most Pirate101 Roleplays."
I can say "Blind Mew," and I might start pulling out my hair for reasons we all know.
I can say "One Eyed Jack," and feel enternally grateful for all the help he's provided.
I can say any other "name," and I have a warm feeling for all they've added to the Community.
But it's weird.
I don't really, really, know you guys, yet you are probably by far some of the best friends I've ever had!
I don't know what you look like, yet for some reason that doesn't stand in the way.
I don't know what you sound like, yet I can hear your laughter as clear as a bell.
So how is this possible?
But how?
I don't know any of you!
But!
Does it realy matter if we all are loved and accepted in a way like no other here?

Very brilliantly put and "You know it's weird" that you managed to spell out exactly how I feel about my Message Board Marauder Family and my friends in the game. I couldn't have said it any better or more beautifully. Very well done.
Our world has developed in so many ways that back in the days of my childhood they would never believe it. We now have this ability to develop such beautiful friendships with people we have never met. Because our much advanced world is still not perfect or safe from the real pirates out there we absolutely must take steps to protect our young ones who are by nature much more trusting and would never suspect foul play. I don't suspect any of you and feel I can trust all of you but in the name of safety we can never "really" know each other. Protection must come first. These limitations are here for our own good and as we are so good at sharing our hearts within these safeguards, I am perfectly content to safely love on my piratey family safely in our virtual blockade. It is always much more relaxing to be safe and this pirate loves it.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I would like to add one please.
You know it's weird, when ever I think of you, (Totallyawesomepirate) I think of how generous and loving you are! Thanks for being so kind and thanks for joining the Message Boards!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I would also like to bring some people to thought, even some that you've already done.
Whenever I say "Valkoor" I think right of the kind, generous one that we have on the Message Boards, ValkoorTheVictorious.
When ever I think of "Chrissy Th'Blesser (I apologize if I'm spelling it wrong) I like to remind my friends on how considerate and kind she is.
Whenever I feel the presents of One-Eyed Jack in one of our threads, I like to Virtually give him a hug because he's made this Community such a wondrous thing.
If I see the Blind Mew's Profile picture, I say "Thanks" for making the game we all really really really love, Pirate101.
When I see my teacher(s) Ol' Fish Eye and The Commodore, I always can't wait to go back into the game and see them again because they remind me of great thoughts

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
But it's weird.
So how is this possible?
But how?
I don't know any of you!
But!

I feel the same way, my friend lol

Captain
May 13, 2011
i know. some of the people here are awesome. those people you listed are very respectful and dont hesitate to help others out. i see a lot of hostility on the internet so its nice to see people caring for others and answering questions. lets not forget the highlander fox and her culinary skills

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
But it's weird.
So how is this possible?
But how?
I don't know any of you!
But!

Our marauding message board family > Pirate101 message boards > Facebook > Instagram > YouTube > Google

That's what I think anyways...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
But it's weird.
So how is this possible?
But how?
I don't know any of you!
But!

Beautifully sentimental thoughts Emma, and what an absolutely stunning way to capture them and convey them in your post. You have truly encapsulated what a wonderfully familiar, yet still completely unknown, group of people and friends reside here on the boards. And yes there are many that, when their names are mentioned, you automatically associate them with- unequaled kindness, artistic literary prowess, comedic ingenuity, creative role play recipes, brilliant thought provoking madness (and confusion) and a helpfulness that comes from the heart.

For me personally, the reasons you spoke of are the exact reasons why I love spending time posting on the message boards. Absolutely, I don't know many of you in truth, and you don't know me- but it is a safe environment where we can get family-like acquainted with each others' thoughts and personalities, without fear of being hurt, mocked, made fun of, looked down upon or cast out. The way these boards are moderated makes posting here such a joy and allows everyone the comfort of knowing that they will be accepted and supported by their fellow pirate friends and family.

It is positively refreshing to know that you don't have to worry about how you look, what background or nationality you come from, if you have that perfect El Toro smile, if your clothes are in fashion, are you good enough to fit in or I am I being judged- it is all irrelevant and gets tossed out the window due to the fact that we don't interact in a face-to-face way. We can be accepted for who we are and what ideas, thoughts and emotions we have to share. Our personalities and inner selves can shine, allowing us to see each other for whom we really are and not be viewed solely on our appearances or the things that don't necessarily speak the truth about who the individuals behind the keystrokes really are.

Sure, I don't actually know all of you- but I am without a doubt so grateful to have met all of you.

Thank you very much for sharing this Emma.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I'll drink to that. x raises mug in the air x "A toast of yum for the good pirates of the spiral"

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Community Leader
All one big happy (well usually) family!

Happy that most of ya'll let this grumpy ole community leader in the door...

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:

Hey, grumpy isn't such a bad thing. I have lots of grumpy friends who are down right hilarious and entertaining because of their grumpy ways. Plus, they can be quite a joy to be around- even despite their grumpiness. And, you know, I wouldn't change a thing about them...not even for a life supply of yum. I for one am glad to have you as a community leader, grumpiness and all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Congratulations Emma, I don't think I have ever seen a post get that many yars before. I may be wrong and have no way to check but that is very impressive.
You have truly hit a nerve and we have responded appropriately. We all truly care for each other here and even though we can't quite make it fit in logic, we are here and we are family and we love and uplift each other. This is a safe place to care and be cared for. We are here to teach and uplift and you all do that brilliantly.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Bravo! Bravo! That was very well done. Toast to you and our big happy message board family!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I feel like that even though we don't truly know each other, I can feel that people like Chrissy have good hearts in mind. A person with a bad heart wouldn't be as nice as Chrissy (or anyone here for that matters).
Our hearts are not judged by our intentions, but the selfless acts that we do for others.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:

With such a great voice and a wonderful imagination when it comes to writing lyrics and doing video editing that flawlessly matches it, that 'grumpiness' just adds the right touch of spice to the mix.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Awww, now I'm blushing. Muchos gracious, mi amigos!!!
The Message Boards are like a safe haven to me after several online attacks on many virtual websites. Even when I was younger playing on Pixie Hollow I wasn't safe. (Who knew a fairy named Sweet Rosyflower could be so cruel?!) And it's worse on a game my cosuin asked me to play... and it didn't have a wonderful moderation system (like this one) whatsoever. *shudders*

But here? I actually feel more loved than I do sometimes at home! It's amazing how it's practically impossible to be bullied or critized! If I didn't know about this place, and someone told me that this kind of online protection was possible, I would have laughed and said, "Maybe someday, but certainly not now!"

But that's not all! We are even blessed to have so many wonderful glorified souls/pirates here to encourage and lift each other up! When I've gotten through a rough day at school or at a friends house, I know I can be supported here.

Again, many, many, many thanks!!!! I feel so touched! (And that's saying something!)

*Raises mug in air and toasts with everyone* I luv you guys!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
Awww, now I'm blushing. Muchos gracious, mi amigos!!!
The Message Boards are like a safe haven to me after several online attacks on many virtual websites. Even when I was younger playing on Pixie Hollow I wasn't safe. (Who knew a fairy named Sweet Rosyflower could be so cruel?!) And it's worse on a game my cosuin asked me to play... and it didn't have a wonderful moderation system (like this one) whatsoever. *shudders*

But here? I actually feel more loved than I do sometimes at home! It's amazing how it's practically impossible to be bullied or critized! If I didn't know about this place, and someone told me that this kind of online protection was possible, I would have laughed and said, "Maybe someday, but certainly not now!"

But that's not all! We are even blessed to have so many wonderful glorified souls/pirates here to encourage and lift each other up! When I've gotten through a rough day at school or at a friends house, I know I can be supported here.

Again, many, many, many thanks!!!! I feel so touched! (And that's saying something!)

*Raises mug in air and toasts with everyone* I luv you guys!
Chrissy's entire crew raises their tankards of yum in unison and they all beller YAR

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I like the shoutouts to all the people mentioned!