Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Worst Power in your Opinion

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
What do you think is the worst power in each class? I am more experienced with a witchdoctor considering that I've maxed one. For witchdoctors, it is definitely vulture's gift. All it does is give +2 walking distance, unlike its brothers (crow's song - first strike, and raven's cry - first strike and riposte) who can at least give an extra first strike or riposte.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
i am a privy, so my worst power is the shield which decreases damage by 25%,( i forgot its name), it doesnt work at all

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
For buccs probably the damage increases. It seems like they just decrease your damage

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
For swashbucklers, I think Gallant Defense is just a way of getting destroyed. Witchdoctors - what's that thing with the eyeballs? ( the name escapes me ) Agree that Powder Monkey's Palisade is weak. For Privateers , I really dislike Focus Fire. For Buccaneers - Highland Call.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
As a Witchdoctor on of my least favorite powers is the Slows Enemy things just because when I fight around 2-5 rounds I win with mojo storm and stuff so the thing that Slows enemies isn't my favorite

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
CoolRebon on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Powder Monkey's Palisade?
That is Awesome!

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
lol to be honest, i cant really think of the worst power,
if it was the worst power, you need to consider 2 things:
1, you OWN the power, (aka the class as well) so you can test it out 100%
2, you need to think of EVERY situation

let me help clarify some powers that arent so hot,
power monkeys: can immediately seal off 3 spaces in a fight, useful for putting a barricade between yourself and the enemy, or making them take another route to "visit you", can also BLOW UP for 200-300+ damage

raise barricade: it might seem bad, but you have no idea how much of a game changer this is sometimes, use it properly, cutting off a space where the enemy can enter, and make them fight on one side only :)

galliant defense: should be a SB heaven with very high dodge, means your attacked more, also can SAVE teammates (lower lvl or near death)

slows enemy: great for isolating tough bosses that are ridiculous when combined with his minions

vultures gift: hey you know, whats wrong with +2 movement speed? i see it useful as having a buck(doesnt have mighty charge) getting into a fight faster

valors shield: 25% damage reduction from ALL SOURCES, idk if most of you know this, but this is one of the best ways to reduce damage from witchdoctors, (bucks cant, muskets cant, swashbucklers cant...)
same with valors armor the 50% one, these are major pains to witchdoctors because it reduces their damage as well

also RyeKishatu2013: the vultures gift was the start of the crows/vultures song... the basics have to be taught first, before you can get to better and advanced stuff ;)

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
For swashbucklers, I think Gallant Defense is just a way of getting destroyed. Witchdoctors - what's that thing with the eyeballs? ( the name escapes me ) Agree that Powder Monkey's Palisade is weak. For Privateers , I really dislike Focus Fire. For Buccaneers - Highland Call.
1. Gallant Defense is situational. Not necessarily the best power in PvP due to AoEs, but it still has its uses.

2. The Ocuboros series is amazing. Great damage and the reduce Mojo weakens powers, heals, Spirit Shield, etc.

3. Powder Monkey's Palisade is amazing. Those 3 powder kegs took a Bonnie Anne at full Green health to nearly red. If you know how to use it, it's amazing.

4. Focus Fire increases the damage an opponent takes for an entire round! Best way to kill those annoying bulky units; Focus Fire is a power that non-Privateers want for themselves.

5. Highland Charge is amazing for getting your units over to stalling enemies or escaping from the enemies' offensive presses.

Raise Barricade is an amazing power as well. It blocks your opponents line of sight, while keeping yours open.

These powers are all very good, especially Powder Monkey's Palisade and Focus Fire. They're all situational powers and require skill and timing to use effectively.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Logan Sharp on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
lol to be honest, i cant really think of the worst power,
if it was the worst power, you need to consider 2 things:
1, you OWN the power, (aka the class as well) so you can test it out 100%
2, you need to think of EVERY situation

let me help clarify some powers that arent so hot,
power monkeys: can immediately seal off 3 spaces in a fight, useful for putting a barricade between yourself and the enemy, or making them take another route to "visit you", can also BLOW UP for 200-300+ damage

raise barricade: it might seem bad, but you have no idea how much of a game changer this is sometimes, use it properly, cutting off a space where the enemy can enter, and make them fight on one side only :)

galliant defense: should be a SB heaven with very high dodge, means your attacked more, also can SAVE teammates (lower lvl or near death)

slows enemy: great for isolating tough bosses that are ridiculous when combined with his minions

vultures gift: hey you know, whats wrong with +2 movement speed? i see it useful as having a buck(doesnt have mighty charge) getting into a fight faster

valors shield: 25% damage reduction from ALL SOURCES, idk if most of you know this, but this is one of the best ways to reduce damage from witchdoctors, (bucks cant, muskets cant, swashbucklers cant...)
same with valors armor the 50% one, these are major pains to witchdoctors because it reduces their damage as well

also RyeKishatu2013: the vultures gift was the start of the crows/vultures song... the basics have to be taught first, before you can get to better and advanced stuff ;)
Gallant Defense should be SB " heaven " but considering that I can't first strike musketeers and witchdoctors ( ditto riposte ) and taking into account a SB of similar level it is really quite useless in my opinion. ( For Pvp ). in actual game/quest combat only fairly effective, as all my companions are max level also...
Ty for your input, though.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Gallant defense and the power that puts up an obstacle.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Gallant Defense should be SB " heaven " but considering that I can't first strike musketeers and witchdoctors ( ditto riposte ) and taking into account a SB of similar level it is really quite useless in my opinion. ( For Pvp ). in actual game/quest combat only fairly effective, as all my companions are max level also...
Ty for your input, though.
true, but that's why I put the word, situational at the end of the post, of course it has its flaws, but sometimes its very effective, it just depends on when you should use it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lucas Walker on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
1. Gallant Defense is situational. Not necessarily the best power in PvP due to AoEs, but it still has its uses.

2. The Ocuboros series is amazing. Great damage and the reduce Mojo weakens powers, heals, Spirit Shield, etc.

3. Powder Monkey's Palisade is amazing. Those 3 powder kegs took a Bonnie Anne at full Green health to nearly red. If you know how to use it, it's amazing.

4. Focus Fire increases the damage an opponent takes for an entire round! Best way to kill those annoying bulky units; Focus Fire is a power that non-Privateers want for themselves.

5. Highland Charge is amazing for getting your units over to stalling enemies or escaping from the enemies' offensive presses.

Raise Barricade is an amazing power as well. It blocks your opponents line of sight, while keeping yours open.

These powers are all very good, especially Powder Monkey's Palisade and Focus Fire. They're all situational powers and require skill and timing to use effectively.
Thank you for this clarification,. Obviously, I've been using these powers in the wrong way ( except GD ).
You have given me something to think about.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
What do you think is the worst power in each class? I am more experienced with a witchdoctor considering that I've maxed one. For witchdoctors, it is definitely vulture's gift. All it does is give +2 walking distance, unlike its brothers (crow's song - first strike, and raven's cry - first strike and riposte) who can at least give an extra first strike or riposte.
Agreed vulture's gift is the worst! Thus it is the second last power on my list but the worst is the Stygian chorus power that summons up to 5 skeleton hoplites. The hoplites are sooo weak!

Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
As a Swashbuckler with all his powers, i would have to go with the first knife throwing one (the name escapes me). Sure it is a ranged attack on a normally melee class but it just doesn't do much damage and the slow isn't that useful. The upgraded one is better i guess seeing as how you can hit more than 1 target but thats the only real upside.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
The Onyx Rose on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
As a Swashbuckler with all his powers, i would have to go with the first knife throwing one (the name escapes me). Sure it is a ranged attack on a normally melee class but it just doesn't do much damage and the slow isn't that useful. The upgraded one is better i guess seeing as how you can hit more than 1 target but thats the only real upside.
hurl daggers or something like that?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Onyx Rose on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Yes and the range is subpar.

Developer
Also known as, "What powers does Ratbeard need to explain bettter?"

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
witchdoctor of awe... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
As a Witchdoctor on of my least favorite powers is the Slows Enemy things just because when I fight around 2-5 rounds I win with mojo storm and stuff so the thing that Slows enemies isn't my favorite
This power is only useful in pvp for me.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah, I really hate Stygian Chorus. They have two thousand lives but yet they die in one hit. They must hav3 been dead for so long that bugs are around them.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I really hate Stygian Chorus. They have two thousand lives but yet they die in one hit. They must hav3 been dead for so long that bugs are around them.
You know the old saying. " Strength in Numbers". These guys are more like a distraction force than a combat force.