Wizard versus Pirate

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Brawling Hall in beautiful downtown Skull Island. We have a very special treat for you tonight. The first ever pvp match between a Wizard from Wizard City and a Pirate from Skull Island. Lets meet our contestants.

First hailing from Wizard City, a level 55 Ice Wizard with 3606 health, Jared Icehammer (boo!)

His opponent, fighting out of Skull Island but raised in Mooshu, so you know she's a natural born warrior,
a level 55 Swashbuckler with 2602 health...

The undisputed, unlimited class, world swashbuckling champion supreme...Wicked Erin!! (the crowd goes wild!)

And lets get under way. Ding ding.

Round 1

And the Wizard starts with a power pip so that's a definite plus because power pips count as 2 pips. And up goes the Tower Shield. This Wizard is playing it safe. Ice Wizards are known for their high health and defensive capabilities so our Pirates will have to be at their best if they expect to survive here tonight.

And the Swashbuckler opens with...Black Fog! Wow what a great opening move. Now Erin and her companion will benefit from double damage on their next attacks. Now it's Keisuke Yagi's turn. And there it is...he lands his critical strike for 1,500 damage! But against the Tower Shield it only hits for 750 bringing the Wizard down to 2,856 health.

Round 2

The Wizard gets another power pip bringing him to 4 pips. He continues to play it cool (no pun intended) and puts up an Ice Blade on the Pirate adding 30% damage to his next Ice spell.

Ah oh. It looks like Erin is going on the offensive now. Yup. Here comes Back Stab! And with the Black Fog bonus it hits for 1,200 damage with bleeding over the next 2 rounds! Keisuke follows up with a basic attack for 448 damage bringing our Wizard down to 1208 health! Jared might want to think about mounting some sort of attack soon.

Round 3

And the Wizards luck continues with another power pip and...lookout...here comes Colossus! But that spell has an 80% chance of hitting and against our Swashbucklers crazy high dodge...it's a fizzle! Oh no! Bad news for Mr. Wizard!

And Erin is showing no mercy. There it is...Assassins Strike for 1,000 damage! Keisuke follows up with another hit for 330 and that's it folks! This fight is history with our Swashbuckler easily defeating the Ice Wizard!

I think what we learned here tonight is that while Wizards are powerful it takes time for them to set traps and gain pips. Time is one thing you don't have when battling a Swashbuckler or any other Pirate for that matter. The Pirates aggressive and relentless nature was just too much for the Wizard to handle. And our Pirates didn't even need their First Strike or Riposte talents to win this one. Musketeers can hit for 2,400 damage with the Dragoon Autocannon and don't even get me started on the Buccaneers Wreckless Frenzy attack. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for our friends from Wizard City.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Pip Cost only counts for Magic duels. Should a wizard ever have to fight in a non-magical duel, they're free to cast what they please at anytime.

You should really do your homework before debating, my friend.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
The accuracy on spells in W101 is effected by dodge percentage. Unlike the accuracy in P101, players can max their accuracy on their spells in Wizard101, but since this isn't a magic duel, accuracy on spells isn't taken into account, much like pip cost.

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
91
Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Pip Cost only counts for Magic duels. Should a wizard ever have to fight in a non-magical duel, they're free to cast what they please at anytime.

You should really do your homework before debating, my friend.
Wrong. Where are you getting your information professor.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Pip Cost only counts for Magic duels. Should a wizard ever have to fight in a non-magical duel, they're free to cast what they please at anytime.

You should really do your homework before debating, my friend.
If it's a non-magical duel then how can they use magic. Every Wizard101 battle I've ever been in has been a magical battle where it takes pips to cast a spell. Where do these duels take place? And against whom? I think you're just making it up as you go along.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
The accuracy on spells in W101 is effected by dodge percentage. Unlike the accuracy in P101, players can max their accuracy on their spells in Wizard101, but since this isn't a magic duel, accuracy on spells isn't taken into account, much like pip cost.
Well I looked everywhere I could about non-magical duels and couldn't find anything about it anywhere. But if that is the case then pirates are inferior and I apologize for making inaccurate statements. I choose not to play an inferior character. There should have been some thought given to the fact that many of the Wizard101 players would be playing this game and naturally the topic of Wizard vs Pirate would come up. There should be some sort of equalizer in place. Some sort of balance. Otherwise what's the point of being a lesser character in the same universe as Wizards. I might as well be playing Shoe Salesman101. Or Street Sweeper 101 perhaps. Who wants to listen to Wizard101 players constantly go on about how much better they are than the players of this game. I don't. Thanks...it's been fun.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Well I looked everywhere I could about non-magical duels and couldn't find anything about it anywhere. But if that is the case then pirates are inferior and I apologize for making inaccurate statements. I choose not to play an inferior character. There should have been some thought given to the fact that many of the Wizard101 players would be playing this game and naturally the topic of Wizard vs Pirate would come up. There should be some sort of equalizer in place. Some sort of balance. Otherwise what's the point of being a lesser character in the same universe as Wizards. I might as well be playing Shoe Salesman101. Or Street Sweeper 101 perhaps. Who wants to listen to Wizard101 players constantly go on about how much better they are than the players of this game. I don't. Thanks...it's been fun.
Try going through the tutorial of Wizard101. Wizards have magical duels, which obviously have different rules than the combat of non-wizards. Magical dueling uses pip cost, but my Musketeer doesn't require any pips to use his traps. Why would a wizard need to take pip cost into account in a non-magical duel? Did Merle Ambrose wait several minutes before he used a banishing spell on Morganthe?

There isn't an equalizer, it's just been made rather clear. Wizards are stronger than non-wizards. It doesn't mean that all non-wizards serve no purpose in the Spiral. Captain Blood didn't use magic, neither did Napoleguin. Both however, are infamous figures in the Spiral.

Wizard101 players don't claim they're better than everyone that plays Pirate101. If you haven't realized it yet, an enormous amount of players on Pirate101 are/were players on Wizard101. Why do you get so offended by that?

They are players on Wizard101 that talk poorly about Pirate101. The game, not the players. The same thing happens here. Don't think everything is targeted at you.

I hate when people make topics like these, because it'll always get out of hand. More than anything people base their answers on which game they like more.

Wizards stay about of non-wizard affairs, and non-wizards stay out of wizard affairs. That's how they put when players ask about a crossover between both games. Leave it at that.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
Try going through the tutorial of Wizard101. Wizards have magical duels, which obviously have different rules than the combat of non-wizards. Magical dueling uses pip cost, but my Musketeer doesn't require any pips to use his traps. Why would a wizard need to take pip cost into account in a non-magical duel? Did Merle Ambrose wait several minutes before he used a banishing spell on Morganthe?

There isn't an equalizer, it's just been made rather clear. Wizards are stronger than non-wizards. It doesn't mean that all non-wizards serve no purpose in the Spiral. Captain Blood didn't use magic, neither did Napoleguin. Both however, are infamous figures in the Spiral.

Wizard101 players don't claim they're better than everyone that plays Pirate101. If you haven't realized it yet, an enormous amount of players on Pirate101 are/were players on Wizard101. Why do you get so offended by that?

They are players on Wizard101 that talk poorly about Pirate101. The game, not the players. The same thing happens here. Don't think everything is targeted at you.

I hate when people make topics like these, because it'll always get out of hand. More than anything people base their answers on which game they like more.

Wizards stay about of non-wizard affairs, and non-wizards stay out of wizard affairs. That's how they put when players ask about a crossover between both games. Leave it at that.
I did go through the tutorial. I also checked all the wiki websites etc. So this non-magical duels thing is just your idea of how it would be and not based on fact. I thought as much after talking to some level 90's in the game. Nobody has ever seemed to have heard of it before. The reason a wizard should have to use pips in a non-magical duel is the same reason a musketeer has to pull the trigger. It would take the same amount of effort to cast a spell regardless of who the target is. Even if the target has resistance to that school of magic or has cast a diffuse spell or a shield etc. That doesn't make casting the spell any harder it just affects the spell after it's been cast.Throughout literature there are characters that are not magical but rival wizards in power and can battle them effectively. When most people play a game like this they like to believe that if they build their character up to it's maximum potential that they can compete with the best and/or most powerful characters in the world they exist in. Also considering the fact that pirates visit many of the same worlds that wizards do I find it hard to believe that eventually their paths won't cross. The reason Ambrose didn't have to wait for pips to cast his spell is because he is much more powerful than the "little" wizards that populate Wizard City, young padawan. Or perhaps he had spent days building and storing his power. Forgive him for not checking with you first....he's a busy guy. And I'm the captain of a crew of bloodthirsty, dangerous pirates matey...I decide what our "affairs" are. Lets just leave it at that.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Brawling Hall in beautiful downtown Skull Island. We have a very special treat for you tonight. The first ever pvp match between a Wizard from Wizard City and a Pirate from Skull Island. Lets meet our contestants.

First hailing from Wizard City, a level 55 Ice Wizard with 3606 health, Jared Icehammer (boo!)

His opponent, fighting out of Skull Island but raised in Mooshu, so you know she's a natural born warrior,
a level 55 Swashbuckler with 2602 health...

The undisputed, unlimited class, world swashbuckling champion supreme...Wicked Erin!! (the crowd goes wild!)

And lets get under way. Ding ding.

Round 1

And the Wizard starts with a power pip so that's a definite plus because power pips count as 2 pips. And up goes the Tower Shield. This Wizard is playing it safe. Ice Wizards are known for their high health and defensive capabilities so our Pirates will have to be at their best if they expect to survive here tonight.

And the Swashbuckler opens with...Black Fog! Wow what a great opening move. Now Erin and her companion will benefit from double damage on their next attacks. Now it's Keisuke Yagi's turn. And there it is...he lands his critical strike for 1,500 damage! But against the Tower Shield it only hits for 750 bringing the Wizard down to 2,856 health.

Round 2

The Wizard gets another power pip bringing him to 4 pips. He continues to play it cool (no pun intended) and puts up an Ice Blade on the Pirate adding 30% damage to his next Ice spell.

Ah oh. It looks like Erin is going on the offensive now. Yup. Here comes Back Stab! And with the Black Fog bonus it hits for 1,200 damage with bleeding over the next 2 rounds! Keisuke follows up with a basic attack for 448 damage bringing our Wizard down to 1208 health! Jared might want to think about mounting some sort of attack soon.

Round 3

And the Wizards luck continues with another power pip and...lookout...here comes Colossus! But that spell has an 80% chance of hitting and against our Swashbucklers crazy high dodge...it's a fizzle! Oh no! Bad news for Mr. Wizard!

And Erin is showing no mercy. There it is...Assassins Strike for 1,000 damage! Keisuke follows up with another hit for 330 and that's it folks! This fight is history with our Swashbuckler easily defeating the Ice Wizard!

I think what we learned here tonight is that while Wizards are powerful it takes time for them to set traps and gain pips. Time is one thing you don't have when battling a Swashbuckler or any other Pirate for that matter. The Pirates aggressive and relentless nature was just too much for the Wizard to handle. And our Pirates didn't even need their First Strike or Riposte talents to win this one. Musketeers can hit for 2,400 damage with the Dragoon Autocannon and don't even get me started on the Buccaneers Wreckless Frenzy attack. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for our friends from Wizard City.
Lol I just thing this post is funny. I love the way you narrated it like an Ultimate Fighter dude (I don't really watch that show, but my dad does and sometimes I overhear it) and I believe that it would be true. I've got a swashbuckler, and I've got an ice wizard, and I believe that they would be fairly evenly matched but I do believe the swashbuckler would win. Very creative post, I like it!

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I did go through the tutorial. I also checked all the wiki websites etc. So this non-magical duels thing is just your idea of how it would be and not based on fact. I thought as much after talking to some level 90's in the game. Nobody has ever seemed to have heard of it before. The reason a wizard should have to use pips in a non-magical duel is the same reason a musketeer has to pull the trigger. It would take the same amount of effort to cast a spell regardless of who the target is. Even if the target has resistance to that school of magic or has cast a diffuse spell or a shield etc. That doesn't make casting the spell any harder it just affects the spell after it's been cast.Throughout literature there are characters that are not magical but rival wizards in power and can battle them effectively. When most people play a game like this they like to believe that if they build their character up to it's maximum potential that they can compete with the best and/or most powerful characters in the world they exist in. Also considering the fact that pirates visit many of the same worlds that wizards do I find it hard to believe that eventually their paths won't cross. The reason Ambrose didn't have to wait for pips to cast his spell is because he is much more powerful than the "little" wizards that populate Wizard City, young padawan. Or perhaps he had spent days building and storing his power. Forgive him for not checking with you first....he's a busy guy. And I'm the captain of a crew of bloodthirsty, dangerous pirates matey...I decide what our "affairs" are. Lets just leave it at that.
Wizards battle in magical duels. The rules that apply to magical duels make it fair for all the competitors in the magic duel. Hence why there is accuracy on the spell cards. Yes, pirates and wizards do visit the same realms. They go to different skyways or areas. Wizards use Spiral Keys which grant them access to certain areas that the authority of that realm won't grant pirates access to. The Imperial Skyway is one example. Strength doesn't determine how long Ambrose has to wait to cast his spells. A level 10 wizard and a level 90 wizard both have to wait till they have 10 pips to summon a Spinysaur, the same would apply to Merle Ambrose. The magic in literature you read and the magic used in the Spiral are two different things. Whether non-magic users can fare well against magic-users in the literature you read is irrelevant.Lastly, I'm not going to keep arguing with you. The longer this draws out, the more personal the argument becomes. You're free to show favoritism in your posts, but it's not helping you get your point along at all. I'd rather have a discussion like this with someone that won't base their answer on which game they like more and has an open-mind, not letting their emotions heat the argument. After-all, we're all entitled to our opinion. Rather not have you force yours down onto me.

See you in the Spiral

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Wizards battle in magical duels. The rules that apply to magical duels make it fair for all the competitors in the magic duel. Hence why there is accuracy on the spell cards. Yes, pirates and wizards do visit the same realms. They go to different skyways or areas. Wizards use Spiral Keys which grant them access to certain areas that the authority of that realm won't grant pirates access to. The Imperial Skyway is one example. Strength doesn't determine how long Ambrose has to wait to cast his spells. A level 10 wizard and a level 90 wizard both have to wait till they have 10 pips to summon a Spinysaur, the same would apply to Merle Ambrose. The magic in literature you read and the magic used in the Spiral are two different things. Whether non-magic users can fare well against magic-users in the literature you read is irrelevant.Lastly, I'm not going to keep arguing with you. The longer this draws out, the more personal the argument becomes. You're free to show favoritism in your posts, but it's not helping you get your point along at all. I'd rather have a discussion like this with someone that won't base their answer on which game they like more and has an open-mind, not letting their emotions heat the argument. After-all, we're all entitled to our opinion. Rather not have you force yours down onto me.

See you in the Spiral
Very well. First of all I like both games equally. The thing that bothers me is how smug some Wizard players are and how they refuse to consider that some concession would be needed to have a battle between the two. You can't just wish to apply all the benefits of one game with none of the drawbacks. There would have to be a little give and take. Strength does come into play because level appropriate gear increases your chances of gaining power pips. Just saying that wizards would win because "it's magic" is very frustrating to listen to. I think that once Pirate101 has been around a little longer and the powers and talents of the pirates increase with level it will become more apparent that pirates could contend with wizards. I believe that what I just said in this post was all based on fact and not opinion. I still believe that pirates are more powerful than many of the enemies wizards face and at times loose battles to. I for one would like to see the two meet at some point. I think it would be fun.... as long as pirates are not just ants beneath wizard feet.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed, Unlimited Class, World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

aka

Erin Darkthorn, Self Appointed, Unlimited Class, World Storm Wizarding Champion Supreme

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
91
Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
9
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Wrong. Where are you getting your information professor.
he is right and a wizard would win because wizard are just better than pirates think magic vs knives

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
9
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Brawling Hall in beautiful downtown Skull Island. We have a very special treat for you tonight. The first ever pvp match between a Wizard from Wizard City and a Pirate from Skull Island. Lets meet our contestants.

First hailing from Wizard City, a level 55 Ice Wizard with 3606 health, Jared Icehammer (boo!)

His opponent, fighting out of Skull Island but raised in Mooshu, so you know she's a natural born warrior,
a level 55 Swashbuckler with 2602 health...

The undisputed, unlimited class, world swashbuckling champion supreme...Wicked Erin!! (the crowd goes wild!)

And lets get under way. Ding ding.

Round 1

And the Wizard starts with a power pip so that's a definite plus because power pips count as 2 pips. And up goes the Tower Shield. This Wizard is playing it safe. Ice Wizards are known for their high health and defensive capabilities so our Pirates will have to be at their best if they expect to survive here tonight.

And the Swashbuckler opens with...Black Fog! Wow what a great opening move. Now Erin and her companion will benefit from double damage on their next attacks. Now it's Keisuke Yagi's turn. And there it is...he lands his critical strike for 1,500 damage! But against the Tower Shield it only hits for 750 bringing the Wizard down to 2,856 health.

Round 2

The Wizard gets another power pip bringing him to 4 pips. He continues to play it cool (no pun intended) and puts up an Ice Blade on the Pirate adding 30% damage to his next Ice spell.

Ah oh. It looks like Erin is going on the offensive now. Yup. Here comes Back Stab! And with the Black Fog bonus it hits for 1,200 damage with bleeding over the next 2 rounds! Keisuke follows up with a basic attack for 448 damage bringing our Wizard down to 1208 health! Jared might want to think about mounting some sort of attack soon.

Round 3

And the Wizards luck continues with another power pip and...lookout...here comes Colossus! But that spell has an 80% chance of hitting and against our Swashbucklers crazy high dodge...it's a fizzle! Oh no! Bad news for Mr. Wizard!

And Erin is showing no mercy. There it is...Assassins Strike for 1,000 damage! Keisuke follows up with another hit for 330 and that's it folks! This fight is history with our Swashbuckler easily defeating the Ice Wizard!

I think what we learned here tonight is that while Wizards are powerful it takes time for them to set traps and gain pips. Time is one thing you don't have when battling a Swashbuckler or any other Pirate for that matter. The Pirates aggressive and relentless nature was just too much for the Wizard to handle. And our Pirates didn't even need their First Strike or Riposte talents to win this one. Musketeers can hit for 2,400 damage with the Dragoon Autocannon and don't even get me started on the Buccaneers Wreckless Frenzy attack. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for our friends from Wizard City.
and why ice i bet a balance would so win and that was not even fair 1v2 get a ice and strom in there then tell me what happens

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
9
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Brawling Hall in beautiful downtown Skull Island. We have a very special treat for you tonight. The first ever pvp match between a Wizard from Wizard City and a Pirate from Skull Island. Lets meet our contestants.

First hailing from Wizard City, a level 55 Ice Wizard with 3606 health, Jared Icehammer (boo!)

His opponent, fighting out of Skull Island but raised in Mooshu, so you know she's a natural born warrior,
a level 55 Swashbuckler with 2602 health...

The undisputed, unlimited class, world swashbuckling champion supreme...Wicked Erin!! (the crowd goes wild!)

And lets get under way. Ding ding.

Round 1

And the Wizard starts with a power pip so that's a definite plus because power pips count as 2 pips. And up goes the Tower Shield. This Wizard is playing it safe. Ice Wizards are known for their high health and defensive capabilities so our Pirates will have to be at their best if they expect to survive here tonight.

And the Swashbuckler opens with...Black Fog! Wow what a great opening move. Now Erin and her companion will benefit from double damage on their next attacks. Now it's Keisuke Yagi's turn. And there it is...he lands his critical strike for 1,500 damage! But against the Tower Shield it only hits for 750 bringing the Wizard down to 2,856 health.

Round 2

The Wizard gets another power pip bringing him to 4 pips. He continues to play it cool (no pun intended) and puts up an Ice Blade on the Pirate adding 30% damage to his next Ice spell.

Ah oh. It looks like Erin is going on the offensive now. Yup. Here comes Back Stab! And with the Black Fog bonus it hits for 1,200 damage with bleeding over the next 2 rounds! Keisuke follows up with a basic attack for 448 damage bringing our Wizard down to 1208 health! Jared might want to think about mounting some sort of attack soon.

Round 3

And the Wizards luck continues with another power pip and...lookout...here comes Colossus! But that spell has an 80% chance of hitting and against our Swashbucklers crazy high dodge...it's a fizzle! Oh no! Bad news for Mr. Wizard!

And Erin is showing no mercy. There it is...Assassins Strike for 1,000 damage! Keisuke follows up with another hit for 330 and that's it folks! This fight is history with our Swashbuckler easily defeating the Ice Wizard!

I think what we learned here tonight is that while Wizards are powerful it takes time for them to set traps and gain pips. Time is one thing you don't have when battling a Swashbuckler or any other Pirate for that matter. The Pirates aggressive and relentless nature was just too much for the Wizard to handle. And our Pirates didn't even need their First Strike or Riposte talents to win this one. Musketeers can hit for 2,400 damage with the Dragoon Autocannon and don't even get me started on the Buccaneers Wreckless Frenzy attack. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for our friends from Wizard City.
and why did the swash get to cast a spell with out pips in the start shuldnt he have to have pips too

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
9
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Well I looked everywhere I could about non-magical duels and couldn't find anything about it anywhere. But if that is the case then pirates are inferior and I apologize for making inaccurate statements. I choose not to play an inferior character. There should have been some thought given to the fact that many of the Wizard101 players would be playing this game and naturally the topic of Wizard vs Pirate would come up. There should be some sort of equalizer in place. Some sort of balance. Otherwise what's the point of being a lesser character in the same universe as Wizards. I might as well be playing Shoe Salesman101. Or Street Sweeper 101 perhaps. Who wants to listen to Wizard101 players constantly go on about how much better they are than the players of this game. I don't. Thanks...it's been fun.
and there is a balance the school of balnce yaaaaaaaa jk lol

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
techdemon on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
he is right and a wizard would win because wizard are just better than pirates think magic vs knives
Read the previous posts and you will see your questions and concerns have already been addressed. I love the Wizard101 game but wizards are not invincible. Think about it. Harry Potter versus The Incredible Hulk....my money's on the Hulk. Ron Weasley versus a Navy Seal....bye bye Ron. Hermione Granger...well I like her so I'll leave that one alone. Magic is only as good as the person using it...just like any other tool. Speaking of which....I hope this helps you understand my point of view.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
Look people, who said that there had to be a competition between Pirate101 and Wizard101?!? This whole entire thread is just causing unnecessary drama and dispute between Wizard101 fans and Pirate101 fans. By the way, this wouldn't even be a fair match because the pirate has a companion! Please, stop the drama and fighting.

Rachel - Level 47

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Look people, who said that there had to be a competition between Pirate101 and Wizard101?!? This whole entire thread is just causing unnecessary drama and dispute between Wizard101 fans and Pirate101 fans. By the way, this wouldn't even be a fair match because the pirate has a companion! Please, stop the drama and fighting.

Rachel - Level 47
Why wouldn't it be fair? Wizards have magic and pirates have companions. That's the point I am trying to make. Some of the time the wizard would win. But some of the time the pirate and their companion would win because they could inflict too much damage for the wizard to withstand in the time it takes them to accumulate enough pips to cast a spell that would take out the pirates. Besides this is all in good fun. And some people like drama. Beverly Hills 90210 had a very successful run.