For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Witchdoctors Credibility

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
184
Hey everyone!

If you don't like rants I suggest you leave now or buckle up 'cause here I go.

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a while and I have decided to let it go. (See what I did there) Hashtag Frozen reference. Anyways, I feel like witchdoctors don't get enough credit. There I said go on and post comments like, "No! They do get a lot of credit!" Uh no we really don't. I love my class to the ends of the Spiral but, You don't see anyone in Avery's Court or anywhere for that matter saying, "Woah witchdoctors are so cool!" We are cool but you don't here people saying that do you? No? Thats what I thought. We are powerful and a real pain in PVP people's touches. But like, no one really recognizes us as a class. People just assume that we're weak and just cheat by using ranged magical attacks, but no. Some of us even prefer to get into the battle and get all up in Bison Shaman's face or a Sky Snake's tail. We are much more than what we seem to be. People have barely scratched the surface of Witchdoctor's. You have no idea what we are capable of. If people just took the time to look a little deeper into our class aspects people would see what we truly are. We are like the Ice Class of W101. We might be a little weak at first but further into the game we can be a tank. Every school has flaws but people choose to not recognize that and go straight to criticizing and saying which class is the best. And I really don't like it (And sorry buccaneers it's mostly you guys) when I see either a Buccaneer or a Swashbuckler saying that Witchdoctors are weak. And I will think, "Yeah go tell that to Vadima see what she does." If our attacks were raised by maybe 20-35 more damage we would be much better. I just wish people would stop underestimating us!

Bye!

Catherine Reade

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10502
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone!

If you don't like rants I suggest you leave now or buckle up 'cause here I go.

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a while and I have decided to let it go. (See what I did there) Hashtag Frozen reference. Anyways, I feel like witchdoctors don't get enough credit. There I said go on and post comments like, "No! They do get a lot of credit!" Uh no we really don't. I love my class to the ends of the Spiral but, You don't see anyone in Avery's Court or anywhere for that matter saying, "Woah witchdoctors are so cool!" We are cool but you don't here people saying that do you? No? Thats what I thought. We are powerful and a real pain in PVP people's touches. But like, no one really recognizes us as a class. People just assume that we're weak and just cheat by using ranged magical attacks, but no. Some of us even prefer to get into the battle and get all up in Bison Shaman's face or a Sky Snake's tail. We are much more than what we seem to be. People have barely scratched the surface of Witchdoctor's. You have no idea what we are capable of. If people just took the time to look a little deeper into our class aspects people would see what we truly are. We are like the Ice Class of W101. We might be a little weak at first but further into the game we can be a tank. Every school has flaws but people choose to not recognize that and go straight to criticizing and saying which class is the best. And I really don't like it (And sorry buccaneers it's mostly you guys) when I see either a Buccaneer or a Swashbuckler saying that Witchdoctors are weak. And I will think, "Yeah go tell that to Vadima see what she does." If our attacks were raised by maybe 20-35 more damage we would be much better. I just wish people would stop underestimating us!

Bye!

Catherine Reade
Although I'm primarily a swashbuckler, I do have a max level witchdoctor. I totally 'get' what you're saying, I've noticed that some players refuse to enter Moo Manchu's Tower with a WD. This is a mistake, Pirates! Witchdoctors are versatile, they can switch from ranged to melee attacks in a heatbeat! Plus summon undead or charm ( and we all know how wonderfully annoying Charm can be ).
So yeah, Witchdoctors deserve our respect!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Not sure if I agree with ya here Catherine. I LOVE running my witchdoctor because she totally kicks tush and all my other pirates have witchdoctors as first or second mate for that very reason and I impress the socks off of other players all the time. I have had players go buy the Inoshishi Necromancer from the crown shop after seeing mine in action.
Maybe they weren't impressed before they met my teams but they sure changed their mind fast after seeing the power of Spiraly Hoodoo. Guess I just turn them around before they have a chance to dis me

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
619
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone!

If you don't like rants I suggest you leave now or buckle up 'cause here I go.

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a while and I have decided to let it go. (See what I did there) Hashtag Frozen reference. Anyways, I feel like witchdoctors don't get enough credit. There I said go on and post comments like, "No! They do get a lot of credit!" Uh no we really don't. I love my class to the ends of the Spiral but, You don't see anyone in Avery's Court or anywhere for that matter saying, "Woah witchdoctors are so cool!" We are cool but you don't here people saying that do you? No? Thats what I thought. We are powerful and a real pain in PVP people's touches. But like, no one really recognizes us as a class. People just assume that we're weak and just cheat by using ranged magical attacks, but no. Some of us even prefer to get into the battle and get all up in Bison Shaman's face or a Sky Snake's tail. We are much more than what we seem to be. People have barely scratched the surface of Witchdoctor's. You have no idea what we are capable of. If people just took the time to look a little deeper into our class aspects people would see what we truly are. We are like the Ice Class of W101. We might be a little weak at first but further into the game we can be a tank. Every school has flaws but people choose to not recognize that and go straight to criticizing and saying which class is the best. And I really don't like it (And sorry buccaneers it's mostly you guys) when I see either a Buccaneer or a Swashbuckler saying that Witchdoctors are weak. And I will think, "Yeah go tell that to Vadima see what she does." If our attacks were raised by maybe 20-35 more damage we would be much better. I just wish people would stop underestimating us!

Bye!

Catherine Reade
Your argument is most........logical. Lol! I won't be THAT serious about it. But your argument is indeed a strong stand for what witchdoctors are. You guys are strong in higher levels, and it is almost certainly RECOMMENDED that you have a witchdoctor with you in the Tower of Moo Manchu. You guys can attack from a long ways off, and deal damage to NINE different people with the right staff or wand. Your moves are deadly, allowing you to curse and do damage over time.....not unlike the FIRE class in Wizard101. If I had to take a guess, you Witchdoctors are more like the Fire Class, high damage, medium health, with a specialty of damage over time moves. However, most witchdoctors are almost never good alone, and do good with a team formed around them, providing cover for said witchdoctor. This is my say.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
106
I agree completely, is one of my favorite classes!

Jacob

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
275
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone!

If you don't like rants I suggest you leave now or buckle up 'cause here I go.

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a while and I have decided to let it go. (See what I did there) Hashtag Frozen reference. Anyways, I feel like witchdoctors don't get enough credit. There I said go on and post comments like, "No! They do get a lot of credit!" Uh no we really don't. I love my class to the ends of the Spiral but, You don't see anyone in Avery's Court or anywhere for that matter saying, "Woah witchdoctors are so cool!" We are cool but you don't here people saying that do you? No? Thats what I thought. We are powerful and a real pain in PVP people's touches. But like, no one really recognizes us as a class. People just assume that we're weak and just cheat by using ranged magical attacks, but no. Some of us even prefer to get into the battle and get all up in Bison Shaman's face or a Sky Snake's tail. We are much more than what we seem to be. People have barely scratched the surface of Witchdoctor's. You have no idea what we are capable of. If people just took the time to look a little deeper into our class aspects people would see what we truly are. We are like the Ice Class of W101. We might be a little weak at first but further into the game we can be a tank. Every school has flaws but people choose to not recognize that and go straight to criticizing and saying which class is the best. And I really don't like it (And sorry buccaneers it's mostly you guys) when I see either a Buccaneer or a Swashbuckler saying that Witchdoctors are weak. And I will think, "Yeah go tell that to Vadima see what she does." If our attacks were raised by maybe 20-35 more damage we would be much better. I just wish people would stop underestimating us!

Bye!

Catherine Reade
I agree if some people say that they cheat they don't all classes have their advantages and disadvantages swashbuckulers always hide (which is like their "cheating") and have the highest attack damage privateers have the most companions and damage blocking muskateers have their range attacks and traps and bucks have their epics and reckless frenzy

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
483
Witchdoctors are far from weak, we can summon, we can use magic, we have range, we have radius, we have cool companions and Madame Vadima. Every class is epic in my opinion but I personally find that Witchdoctors are the best :3

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
208
If an unbuffed witchdoctor faced an unbuffed buccaneer in a 1v1, the witchdoctor would win. Yes, I have both a max buccaneer and a max witchdoctor.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10502
AlphaWolf02 on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
If an unbuffed witchdoctor faced an unbuffed buccaneer in a 1v1, the witchdoctor would win. Yes, I have both a max buccaneer and a max witchdoctor.
Two words - Reckless Frenzy. A buccaneer has better health & armor. If the buck gets to attack first, he/she will finish you before you can Mojo Reaver or Mournsong!

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
30
I am a Swashbuckler myself and I don't see anything wrong with the WD class - I tried it out for the tutorial though, and I just didn't like it as much. Witchdoctors just don't seem to sit well with me, but everyone has their own opinion. I won't judge.

Even though I'm a SB, these are my opinions of the classes -

1. Musketeer

2. Swashbuckler

3. Buccaneer

4. Witchdoctor

5. Privateer

And, yes, it is good to have a Privateer on your team, to heal and give you buffs and stuff like that, but I don't like being a Privateer myself. At all.

But I absolutely LOVE the idea of being a Musketeer, and my Swash right now is beast. My favorite companion has to be Bonnie Anne or Sarah Steele. They are my tanks.

Loyal Emmaline Ramsey, lvl 37

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
303
Witch is the class most people take for granted, you arrrr correct. Considering none of the witch abilities are very flashy or do a ton of damage, but its because witch is all over the place basically turning the scale of balance into your favor.

Some Typical Buckler: Ayyy did you see that 3000 damage I just did, all by myself?

Witchdoctor Who Recently Used Grand Juju On Swashbuckler:

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
92
I'll tell you this, I have one of each class and the witchdoctor is not my favorite class to play.

However, I LOVE teaming up with witches. My last tower run had 2 witchdoctors and I was thrilled! I knew there was no shortage of range attacks which would bolster my swashbuckler and the buccaneer who was with us. We had TWO charms at our disposal, TWO teleports, a ton of mojo storms and you don't feel like you have to watch out for their health because of the Jobu's Kiss and Jobu's Breath moves.

I think it's fair that everyone has a favorite class to play and a favorite class to watch/battle/team up with but it's incredibly short-sighted to underestimate any one of them.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
184
Thank You all for replying. After making a TON of progress through Cool Ranch and a few side quests, I see now what some of you mean. Like going through some dungeons and soloing some stuff really boosted my look on my class. Thank you! And I'm surprised Madame Vadima didn't reply. lol

Catherine Read-Proud Witchdoctor

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
431
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Not sure if I agree with ya here Catherine. I LOVE running my witchdoctor because she totally kicks tush and all my other pirates have witchdoctors as first or second mate for that very reason and I impress the socks off of other players all the time. I have had players go buy the Inoshishi Necromancer from the crown shop after seeing mine in action.
Maybe they weren't impressed before they met my teams but they sure changed their mind fast after seeing the power of Spiraly Hoodoo. Guess I just turn them around before they have a chance to dis me
Inoshishi necromancer is a privateer companion, right? I know my privateer has it.
My necromancer deals a ton of damage, so do not insult teh pig necromancer, please.
(Spelling mistake intentional.)

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
114
I don't see how people think witch doctors can't solo I have a level 65 witch doctor and soloed the whole quest line she was the easiest of all to run thru of all my crews and I have one of each and only my swash comes close to the power she has . If you are having to get help you don't know what your doing sorry but witch doctors are epic

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Kai Alcott on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
Inoshishi necromancer is a privateer companion, right? I know my privateer has it.
My necromancer deals a ton of damage, so do not insult teh pig necromancer, please.
(Spelling mistake intentional.)
OH I wasn't insulting him at ALL. He is my first mate in most of my pirates for very good reason. He totally kicks tush. He can be a bit squishy so I make sure I can protect him but WHAT a power hitter.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
275
CyanGirl on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
I am a Swashbuckler myself and I don't see anything wrong with the WD class - I tried it out for the tutorial though, and I just didn't like it as much. Witchdoctors just don't seem to sit well with me, but everyone has their own opinion. I won't judge.

Even though I'm a SB, these are my opinions of the classes -

1. Musketeer

2. Swashbuckler

3. Buccaneer

4. Witchdoctor

5. Privateer

And, yes, it is good to have a Privateer on your team, to heal and give you buffs and stuff like that, but I don't like being a Privateer myself. At all.

But I absolutely LOVE the idea of being a Musketeer, and my Swash right now is beast. My favorite companion has to be Bonnie Anne or Sarah Steele. They are my tanks.

Loyal Emmaline Ramsey, lvl 37
Aww privy's last well that's your opinion and I can respect that

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
I have good friends that are witchdoctors and they are the best players I have ever seen. I prefer fighting with them more than any other class especially in the tower.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey