Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WitchDoctor Companions (or Lack there of)

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
A lot of people have mentioned that there are very few WitchDoctor companions and I think that I may have figured out the reason for that. Its hard to make a unique, balanced witch doctor companion. The thing about witchdoctors is that they almost solely rely on Powers and not base attacks, which is why they have bad accuracy and low powered weapons. This means that a witchdoctor companions would have to have a bunch of Power cards to be really good. The problem with that is that if they have to many power cards to be viable. And the problem with a companion having a bunch of witchdoctor based cards means that they cannot activate epics, which is the other problem with witchdoctor companions. Most Witchdoctor companions are not viable becuase their epics are not very good. For most witchdoctor companions you get the AoE power (which is an even bigger problem for your accuracy), witchhunter (which only works for other witchdoctors which are, agian, very rare), mojo echo (which doesn't work with powers), and Jubo's Ruse, which is very rarely in use. This results in not very good companions, as you either have no epic activation, or no powers. The only really "good" Witchdoctor companions in my opinion are the bear in the bear pack (which with bloodsucker 2 and improved Mojo Blast is like a Jubo's kiss attack), which has about a 1 in a 600 chance of you getting, and Mormo, if you pair him with a companion that gets a good boost from his raven ability. The shark has potential if you can raise accuracy and same with Hoodoo Cornelius.