Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

witch doctor with tempest signet problem

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 15, 2014
i found a tempest signet (www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Item:Tempest_Signet) and put it on my witch doctor
but she cannot use the critical strike ability... why?

Captain
May 16, 2011
cyberfang2x on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
i found a tempest signet (www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Item:Tempest_Signet) and put it on my witch doctor
Ah... You see, that only works if you are using a shooty weapon, no exceptions. I assume by the tempest signet you are under level 10. You should be able to get a shooty/staffy weapon called Snakebite Set, which you can get from the following.

~Beemish
~El Nebuloso
~Archer
~Peter Law

Hoped this helped, cheers!

PS: Welcome to the message boards cyberfang2x!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
cyberfang2x on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
I haven't tried it yet but I believe if you had a staffy/shooty weapon you would be able to use it.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I think the reason could be that you need a Melee weapon (ie Slashy, Stabby, or Smashy or a staff with one of those) to be able to use most Critical Strikes. I read recently in the Message Boards about a Critical Strike for Witchdoctors. I think it was called "Intuition". If this isn't it, then one should be created especially for the Witchdoctor's attacks.