Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Will there be a third 101 game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
Ok so I love wizard 101 and same goes to pirate 101. :D But what about a third one? I could take a fresh breather from magic or being a outlawed sailor. So lets all post ideas for a third. I am thinking about a medieval/fantasy 101 where you have several classes. Knight guard thief archer priest and mage. And than there will be jobs. Blacksmith fletcher leatherworker and carpenter. Sub classes after hitting level 25. (Knight) Paladin dragonknight. (Thief) Assassin and bandit. (Guard) Sergeant of the watch and pikeman. (Archer) Ranger rifleman. (Priest) Pope. (Not much you can do with a priest.) (Mage) Pyromancer Thaumaturge Druid Summoner. And the battle system could be more in-depth. It would be like pirate 101 but archers could use arrows ammo that would regenerate slightly every turn. Than mages/priests would have the same thing ranged attack requires special ammo but with the mage/priest its mana a mystical energy that using the power of magic has but made into liquid mana and put in a orb mages/priests/archers could use their special stat to make their attack more likely to succeed or to increase the power if it does succeed. Knights could go mounted weaker against enemies with spears/pikes or dismounted weaker against maces and crossbows. Bows and arrows deal more damage Crossbows and bolts penetrate more armor. Maces and war hammers are good against heavy armor swords and axes are good against light armor due to higher damage and doing better at penetrating a non metal armor. But using a weapon with a disadvantage can still deal near normal damage. With the power of weaknesses in enemy armor there could be a weakness for example on something like a dark footman their weakness could be where they lack in armor the most using visual hints you could find the weak side(s). Or with a mace/war hammers not care and just attack also mounting on a horse or as the dragon-knight dragon could activate the knights second weapon a spear or after level 5 a lance. The lance could be weaker than unmounted weapons unless attacking from multiple tiles away than it deals more damage. And for example using a sword against them might not be very effective. But using a pike or spear could do bonus damage cause they are mounted. And with a mace you could defeat opponents in plate armor or with a sword leather or weak points in plate. There are just so many things they could do but that was just a bunch of random ideas also I think the job crafting should be a mini game and there should be a wizard piggle. And possibly the carpenter could make wood shields? (Lower level shields.)

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Knightmario77 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I love wizard 101 and same goes to pirate 101. :D But what about a third one? I could take a fresh breather from magic or being a outlawed sailor. So lets all post ideas for a third. I am thinking about a medieval/fantasy 101 where you have several classes. Knight guard thief archer priest and mage. And than there will be jobs. Blacksmith fletcher leatherworker and carpenter. Sub classes after hitting level 25. (Knight) Paladin dragonknight. (Thief) Assassin and bandit. (Guard) Sergeant of the watch and pikeman. (Archer) Ranger rifleman. (Priest) Pope. (Not much you can do with a priest.) (Mage) Pyromancer Thaumaturge Druid Summoner. And the battle system could be more in-depth. It would be like pirate 101 but archers could use arrows ammo that would regenerate slightly every turn. Than mages/priests would have the same thing ranged attack requires special ammo but with the mage/priest its mana a mystical energy that using the power of magic has but made into liquid mana and put in a orb mages/priests/archers could use their special stat to make their attack more likely to succeed or to increase the power if it does succeed. Knights could go mounted weaker against enemies with spears/pikes or dismounted weaker against maces and crossbows. Bows and arrows deal more damage Crossbows and bolts penetrate more armor. Maces and war hammers are good against heavy armor swords and axes are good against light armor due to higher damage and doing better at penetrating a non metal armor. But using a weapon with a disadvantage can still deal near normal damage. With the power of weaknesses in enemy armor there could be a weakness for example on something like a dark footman their weakness could be where they lack in armor the most using visual hints you could find the weak side(s). Or with a mace/war hammers not care and just attack also mounting on a horse or as the dragon-knight dragon could activate the knights second weapon a spear or after level 5 a lance. The lance could be weaker than unmounted weapons unless attacking from multiple tiles away than it deals more damage. And for example using a sword against them might not be very effective. But using a pike or spear could do bonus damage cause they are mounted. And with a mace you could defeat opponents in plate armor or with a sword leather or weak points in plate. There are just so many things they could do but that was just a bunch of random ideas also I think the job crafting should be a mini game and there should be a wizard piggle. And possibly the carpenter could make wood shields? (Lower level shields.)
I was thinking maybe Hero or Warrior101

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Sorry to disagree, but I really hope they don't make any more games. They need to focus on what they already have.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Since they aren't really making any progress on the story line of P101, it would be foolhardy to start yet another game they won't be able (or inclined, whichever) to support fully. So I have to hope not, at least not until they get us through the initial storyline of P101.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It may sound great to add a third 101 game,to add some variety.

However relatively new players can be overwhelmed with the storylines,due to the fact it have multi boss chapters. It's hard work and take alot time to make. Just imagine a new player just started his or her adventure and (may) have discovered that this game have 3 or 4 arc boss storylines.That's like many years of hard work and dedication.

Two games in my opinion is enough with multi boss chapter. A third game, that may go to the maybe list.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
I think it would be cool to have a third because what happens if you manage to finish wizard101 and pirate101? you would get a bit bored and stop playing

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
I think they will make a third game, but then stop after that, because three is a good number. A lot of things come in threes.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
Knightmario77 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm. Kind of wondering about this idea now. It might be stupid!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Knightmario77 on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm. Kind of wondering about this idea now. It might be stupid!
I don't think your idea &/or your wanting to hear others' ideas is stupid, at all. There's nothing wrong with creative brainstorming & the dreaming up of new virtual fantasy & games. There's been several other threads that have all asked the same, similar question..."new ideas for other 101 games?" & some have had lots of replies & a lot of really great ideas. A lot of other '101' ideas came out of those threads. Even given the realization that they will never see the light of day, it's still fun to dream.

We're talking about (& you asked about) ideas & kind-of a wishlist sort of 'that would be neat' & 'what would i like to see' aspect of creative/virtual role playing here-- & I don't think there's anything stupid about that. It's all in good fun & it is always neat to see what other people & players can think up. Of course many are impatient (& rightfully so) with waiting for the continuation of the current '101' situation. But that doesn't mean that others can't have a little fun, using their creativity & imagination to think up those 'ooh, that would be cool, other 101 games.'

I don't think your idea, both the thread & your own 101 idea was stupid, at all. You put a lot of thought into them & I thought it was rather creative. I've always enjoyed knights/medieval based video games & I could certainly see your idea translating into a '101' kind of game, rather easily & seamlessly. There's a lot of classes/sub-classes that you can draw from that time period & such a wide range of weaponry/armor & combat elements. Also, there is a lot that could be done with the sorcery/wizardry/mystical side of Fantasy Medieval, so that could be quite fun as well.

Even if we know that- it may never happen, that these '101' games need to come first & that we surely want KI to focus on it's current games, there's still absolutely no harm in having a little fun imagining what other kind of '101' game would be fun for us to play.

I think your idea(s) is neat & certainly not stupid.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
I'm just going to say that we already have enough games as it is. If Kingsisle were to make another 101 game, however, I think they should at least finish the main story of Pirate101 and put in a couple side worlds. Preferably both as large as Wizard101's Grizzleheim.

Pirate101's first arc needs to be finished before they add a new game. Sorry, not sorry!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I would like to see Kingsisle show they can hold 2 games at a time and keep each equally updated (which you are doing pretty good) I would like to see them finish the first arc before a new game comes.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I agree KI should focus on their current games, well mostly Pirates.. Wizard is already quite advanced.

Still, I'd be curious to see a Ninja101 :)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Personal opinion ---

WIZ101 - put on hold
Pirate 101 - Catch up to wizard in levels / story line etc
Another 101 - nope they have shown that they are having issues so lets not put more on their plates

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I may be mistaken (and I apologize if I am incorrect), but I think the original poster is more interested in sharing his/her idea and also in seeing what other neat ideas other players could come up with, if, hypothetically, there were to be a 3rd, KI '101' game, somewhere down the road and after these games are focused on-- not necessarily that KI should put the 1st two on hold and actually start making a new one before these receive much deserved/anticipated attention and story progression. Seems to be more of just wishing to hear what cool ideas people may come up with, while providing his/her own cool Knight/Medieval 101 idea. I'm pretty sure that none of us, including the OP, actually want KI to stop progressing with these current '101' games and put them on 'hold', in order to start a 3rd game-- that's pretty much a given. He/she just seems to be wanting to be creative, get feedback on his/her idea and hear other players' own creative ideas about what would make a pretty cool and amazing, 3rd '101' type of game....eventually and wishfully speaking.

At least that is the impression that I got from the original post-- but I could definitely be wrong about that.