Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is there never a KI LIVE that is mostly Pirate

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I have seen the K I Live events for some time now - and i do have to say that I find them very disappointing. I play Pirate 101 exclusively, and have zero interest in Wiz. Now KI claims that these events are for both games, yet the percentage of time spent on Pirate is minimal.

Would it be to much to ask for KI to reverse this and at least ONCE make 95% of the next event all about pirate with minimal mention of the other games, or is this asking to much?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Each episode is different, and we have in the past featured primarily Pirate101 in certain episodes.

If you have any specific requests, I'm happy to take any suggestions on things you'd like to see us do in Pirate101 for KI Live. (I'm referring to existing content that is available in game for us to play, please.)

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy!

Each episode is different, and we have in the past featured primarily Pirate101 in certain episodes.

If you have any specific requests, I'm happy to take any suggestions on things you'd like to see us do in Pirate101 for KI Live. (I'm referring to existing content that is available in game for us to play, please.)
You could feature The Pirate's Regatta ( if your pirate has the nautical level for that. )

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
anecorbie on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
You could feature The Pirate's Regatta ( if your pirate has the nautical level for that. )
We could certainly play through it again, but in case you missed it, we played the Regatta in the episode below.

https://youtu.be/RP4jeNKhS5c

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We could certainly play through it again, but in case you missed it, we played the Regatta in the episode below.

Hah! I saw that video! x slaps head x How could I have forgotten? The KI LIVE where we actually got to see and hear Ratbeard! ( & Honest Tom Purdue, the pet vender. )
Hehe, Have ye done the Smuggler's Arena?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Maybe you haven't done the smugglers arena?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

While going through the Regatta again would be nice, which I tried to go with you before in your previous episode, I suggest ye do a couple o' Dungeon Runs, where you & Jack do previous available dungeons with players, discussing ideas, talking with us Pirates in the game, asking questions & so on.

Question, do you & Jack even use in-game chatting in your episodes a bit? It's just that your in-game characters' silences slightly concerns us.

Here's my idea for your P101 segment in your next episode, do Dungeon Runs in CR's Motherlode Mine, & AQ's Palace of Ulysses. Maybe that should get some excitement in your next few KI Live episodes. Think on this. If you do them, I'll join you with my Swashbuckler Pirate.

If anyone's thinking of doing more morphing parties, I suggest you ease up on them for a while. We should have them on adventures with us more frequently instead of more morphing parties. Nice to have them, yet, take it easy on them.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
May I suggest a couple of runs in Ranked PvP, I think it would be interesting even if you did it before. This is due to characters coming out with different pet builds and focus on gear. To add on to this, it would be cool to hear your opinions on the different play styles.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
LankyRyan on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
May I suggest a couple of runs in Ranked PvP, I think it would be interesting even if you did it before. This is due to characters coming out with different pet builds and focus on gear. To add on to this, it would be cool to hear your opinions on the different play styles.
Personally, I don't think watching PvP really appeals to players-at-large all that much. I think I'd agree that fighting a tricky boss like Hydra or Sinister Dexter, or showing off a decorated castle would be much more interesting -- something that most players can relate to.

Maybe visit with Decius before the next KI Live and morph a couple of the 50 undiscovered hybrids and give us a few hints on how they are obtained?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
Personally, I don't think watching PvP really appeals to players-at-large all that much. I think I'd agree that fighting a tricky boss like Hydra or Sinister Dexter, or showing off a decorated castle would be much more interesting -- something that most players can relate to.

Maybe visit with Decius before the next KI Live and morph a couple of the 50 undiscovered hybrids and give us a few hints on how they are obtained?
They can hardly do the hydra until that wretched bug gets fixed. A KI live watching them twiddling their thumbs waiting for the ebon head to appear (or not) would hardly be a good advertisement for the game, and isn't that really what the KI lives are all about?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
They can hardly do the hydra until that wretched bug gets fixed. A KI live watching them twiddling their thumbs waiting for the ebon head to appear (or not) would hardly be a good advertisement for the game, and isn't that really what the KI lives are all about?
I've never experienced the "wretched bug" with the Hydra, but then I've mostly soloed it. If they did the battle and experience the bug, they could just end the dungeon right there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I've never experienced the "wretched bug" with the Hydra, but then I've mostly soloed it. If they did the battle and experience the bug, they could just end the dungeon right there.

Oh yeah, that would send a message about P101: "sorry, guys. But we're experiencing the dreaded Hydra bug, which for some reason, eludes our best bug squashers. But everything else is just fine!"

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Oh yeah, that would send a message about P101: "sorry, guys. But we're experiencing the dreaded Hydra bug, which for some reason, eludes our best bug squashers. But everything else is just fine!"
Yet, if they played through and didn't experience any problems, what message would that send?

THEY DON'T NEED TO DO THE HYDRA.

That's not what this thread should be about...

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
You should do the Minotaur or the Medusa dungeon. There is also battling Rooke as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
You should do the Minotaur or the Medusa dungeon. There is also battling Rooke as well.
Both those are good, Medusa has the advantage of being shorter than either. There's some good writing there, too.