Why did i not get Mormo's promotion quest?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
I am a level 19 witchdoctor and I did not get Mormo's promotion quest and he is level 19 also. And he is my favorite companion. What's going on?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5740
Musteatsoup on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 19 witchdoctor and I did not get Mormo's promotion quest and he is level 19 also. And he is my favorite companion. What's going on?
Did you get the first promo at level 13? His next will be level 37.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
233
Musteatsoup on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 19 witchdoctor and I did not get Mormo's promotion quest and he is level 19 also. And he is my favorite companion. What's going on?
Hey Musteatsoup!

Mormo's first promotion is at level 15 followed by his second promotion at level 37 I believe. It's strange you cannot get his promotion quest. I would first check the tavern cellar to make sure it's not just a visual bug. If he is not there with a question mark on top of his head, I would Contact Support and see if maybe they can resolve this issue

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
82
Musteatsoup on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 19 witchdoctor and I did not get Mormo's promotion quest and he is level 19 also. And he is my favorite companion. What's going on?
What? He promotes at level 15, and again at level 37. Try contacting support.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
876
You are correct - he should have gotten a Promotion if he is Level 19. He gets a Promotion at level 15 and level 37. What title does he have and is he wearing anything over his face? Does he have a gray or yellow exclamation point on his icon in the Companion Management Screen? When you highlight his icon, does the button in the lower right say Train, Talent, or maybe Epic?

I have found that I can't Promote Companions if I have them out on orders (ie Pet Wranglin', Scavengin', Plundering', etc.). What I do when I need to Promote (or get a talent increase) a Companion that is out on orders is collect from the Companion, Belay the order (if I have orders on repeat), promote the Companion (or increase his talents), and restart their orders (if I want to).

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Did you get the first promo at level 13? His next will be level 37.
actually no I did not

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
Gruesome Richard on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Hey Musteatsoup!

Mormo's first promotion is at level 15 followed by his second promotion at level 37 I believe. It's strange you cannot get his promotion quest. I would first check the tavern cellar to make sure it's not just a visual bug. If he is not there with a question mark on top of his head, I would Contact Support and see if maybe they can resolve this issue
Every time I go to the tavern cellar he does not have the question mark on his head.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
The Helpful Pirate on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
You are correct - he should have gotten a Promotion if he is Level 19. He gets a Promotion at level 15 and level 37. What title does he have and is he wearing anything over his face? Does he have a gray or yellow exclamation point on his icon in the Companion Management Screen? When you highlight his icon, does the button in the lower right say Train, Talent, or maybe Epic?

I have found that I can't Promote Companions if I have them out on orders (ie Pet Wranglin', Scavengin', Plundering', etc.). What I do when I need to Promote (or get a talent increase) a Companion that is out on orders is collect from the Companion, Belay the order (if I have orders on repeat), promote the Companion (or increase his talents), and restart their orders (if I want to).
Actually, there isn't any.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
The Helpful Pirate on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
You are correct - he should have gotten a Promotion if he is Level 19. He gets a Promotion at level 15 and level 37. What title does he have and is he wearing anything over his face? Does he have a gray or yellow exclamation point on his icon in the Companion Management Screen? When you highlight his icon, does the button in the lower right say Train, Talent, or maybe Epic?

I have found that I can't Promote Companions if I have them out on orders (ie Pet Wranglin', Scavengin', Plundering', etc.). What I do when I need to Promote (or get a talent increase) a Companion that is out on orders is collect from the Companion, Belay the order (if I have orders on repeat), promote the Companion (or increase his talents), and restart their orders (if I want to).
Well he is my first mate and idk if it is because I still have Kan Po's but I don't have the area. I know I will get a membership and get Kan Po promoted sometime this year. But when I got Ratbeard I got his promotion quest and also had Kan Po's. I was also able to get Wu Tang and Carcarius promoted, but Mormo not giving me his promotion quest is strange. Plus I have not been able to choose his talents for a while now. So what I am thinking is that on my privateer I will get Emmett to level 15 before Egg Shen gets to lvl 13 and hopefully I will get some results.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
It does sound weird. I agree with the posters above who recommend contacting support. I am curious about the answer.

Good luck!

-Indigo

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
I just got his promotion quest and when I go to look at all my companions, the exclamation mark is gray and I have not even started the quest so when I go to the tavern, he won't talk to me. This is getting weirder. Maybe it is some sort of glitch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Musteatsoup on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
I just got his promotion quest and when I go to look at all my companions, the exclamation mark is gray and I have not even started the quest so when I go to the tavern, he won't talk to me. This is getting weirder. Maybe it is some sort of glitch.
Are there any quests in your book that have his picture on it? If so, you many have already started it and may have not noticed it.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
I just got him promoted this morning so everything is fine now YAY. I am so happy that he is promoted. :)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
Ouch,that got to hurt. This is one weird event,that have occurred. Contact support to see if that issue can be fixed or call customer service with the required information if that issue persists.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2014
3
Well his first is lvl 15 his second is lvl 37 so... It could be a glitch check for the grey explanation point at the right top corner. Or if he has epic or a hat thing around him, he promoted already and you didn't remember WHEN you promoted him.

Contact: Contact Support for more help!

Help post for it. Hope it helped you!

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
43
Kman71606 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Well his first is lvl 15 his second is lvl 37 so... It could be a glitch check for the grey explanation point at the right top corner. Or if he has epic or a hat thing around him, he promoted already and you didn't remember WHEN you promoted him.

Contact: Contact Support for more help!

Help post for it. Hope it helped you!
I got it all settled now but thanks all for your help.