Who's the Most Powerful Witchdoctor in the Game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
11
I kept thinking about this because I have an incredibly high damage rate for a Witchdoctor. I have 360 damage so I was wondering is there any Witchdoctor above that and if so who's the most powerful witch in the game?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9112
Welcome to the message boards, Party Pirate!
In this game damage isn't everything, your other stats effect battle just as much as how hard you hit. It won't matter if you're a massive hitter if your Accuracy is less than your opponent's Armor or Dodge.
Conversely, if your Armor and Dodge are below that of your opponent, it won't matter how "weak" they are if they are getting criticals on you.
And don't forget Magic Resistance and your Will stat!
Strive for balance, mate.

Gunner's Mate
Mar 10, 2012
235
Party Pirate on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
I kept thinking about this because I have an incredibly high damage rate for a Witchdoctor. I have 360 damage so I was wondering is there any Witchdoctor above that and if so who's the most powerful witch in the game?
As a witchdoctor, your weapon power Does. Not. Matter. Your most important stat is your will and spell power. Most to all of your damage output should come from your spells, which are not based on weapon power. One cannot objectively say who is the "most powerful" witchdoctor in game. While questing my witch, I used a level 10 wand for the majority of the game. A wand's range (5 or more is best) should be your priority, not its base damage.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
6
Anecorbie's got it right. Weapon power isn't everything, especially for WD's (Witch Doctor). WD's tend to have lower weapon damage, mainly because they opt for gear that lets them utilize their WD powers better. A witch doctor's real strength comes from their spooky talent which affects all of their powers like Mojo Storm, Mojo Reaver, and Jobu's Embrace.

In terms of weapon power, you might hold the title as "strongest" WD, but be careful because that may be a double edged sword. Odds you're sacrificing some other stats for that gain in weapon power. Best of luck!

Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
11
I understand what you guys are saying but i'm not looking for battle tips. I just want someone to answer my question.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
11
Daloris101 on Mar 14, 2017 wrote:
Anecorbie's got it right. Weapon power isn't everything, especially for WD's (Witch Doctor). WD's tend to have lower weapon damage, mainly because they opt for gear that lets them utilize their WD powers better. A witch doctor's real strength comes from their spooky talent which affects all of their powers like Mojo Storm, Mojo Reaver, and Jobu's Embrace.

In terms of weapon power, you might hold the title as "strongest" WD, but be careful because that may be a double edged sword. Odds you're sacrificing some other stats for that gain in weapon power. Best of luck!
I am actually very powerful in all stats (considering I just need old scratch and a will boost to do 1000-3000 damage with mojo storm.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9112
Party Pirate on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
I understand what you guys are saying but i'm not looking for battle tips. I just want someone to answer my question.
Ok, it's very likely based only on weapon damage that you're probably the most "powerful" WD in the game ( happy now? )
But I wonder how you would fare against a more balanced WD who also uses Old Scratch and a mix of Ranged or Melee companions?
BTW, we didn't offer battle tips, just training tips.
Also, my WD's damage is only 50 points behind yours.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
249
anecorbie on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
Ok, it's very likely based only on weapon damage that you're probably the most "powerful" WD in the game ( happy now? )
But I wonder how you would fare against a more balanced WD who also uses Old Scratch and a mix of Ranged or Melee companions?
BTW, we didn't offer battle tips, just training tips.
Also, my WD's damage is only 50 points behind yours.
From what I can remember my Witchdoctor's damage is about 290-300, not too far behind his either (but I use a musketeer witchdoctor setup, and once I get prince of illios quiver, pet with grants burst and double tap, should be set.) but yeah, damage is your least concern on witchdoctor, in my honest opinion.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
183
witchdoctor of awe... on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
From what I can remember my Witchdoctor's damage is about 290-300, not too far behind his either (but I use a musketeer witchdoctor setup, and once I get prince of illios quiver, pet with grants burst and double tap, should be set.) but yeah, damage is your least concern on witchdoctor, in my honest opinion.
... and now I've got another place to farm

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9112
Party Pirate on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
I am actually very powerful in all stats (considering I just need old scratch and a will boost to do 1000-3000 damage with mojo storm.)
I'm really curious as to what weapon you're using ( is it a staffy, staffy combo or non-staffy? ) I also would like to know what you consider "very powerful " in all your other stats.
I'm sure there's a weakness somewhere when you've boosted weapon power that high. Or maybe you've chosen MooShu Origin to get a damage boost. ( Instead of Krokotopia for a Will boost. )
Most WDs routinely get 1000-3000 damage from Scratch's Flow Mojo Flow, so that's not as impressive as you might think.
Please reply as I'm very curious.