Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who's better Fan or Contessa?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Conwitty423 asked this in a bilge pump thread, because it was the only one he found relating to the Contessa. It seemed a worthy question to have it's own thread. Fan Flanders, who we've know for a long time vs. the relative newcomer, the Contessa Argento, what do you think?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Each have their benefits, contessa offers a near unbeatable strategy against bucklers and bucks who dont know the counter in pvp and fan offers a good buff and decent chains, depending on your strategy it can go either way

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
It honestly depends. I will explain who I think is better imo if you solo or if you team play.

SOLO PLAY:
This goes to Fan. Fan's agility buff and critical spell make her a lethal force of attack against enemies. Chuck some acc/dodge doubloons or el toros buff, and she is even more lethal. Contessa from my experience is also a great companion solo, but only if I also use Fan and Toro. Contessa can do even more damage than any other companion, she is literally an annoying Valencian guard with them super 3200+ damage back stab (it's not even an Assassin strike ) when she is hidden and in the mood. However this is solely because of Fan. Fan makes all buck companions, and musk companions, even more deadly. If it's ever a choice between Fan or contessa when you are alone, go Fan.

TEAM PLAY:
Contessa has one of the most underappreciated assets in the game- the gallant defence. I have only recently discovered how beautiful this is when used properly. The secret is to give her a strong, mojo boosted Valor's armour, with some forts, so bring a privy with scratch along. I did this in smugglers, she could absorb 25000+ damage without losing HP. After this you have to position her in such a way that she takes most of the hits. give her some acc/dodge and agility doubloons or buffs, and now she's can also Attack lethally and defend like a tank. Overall I give this a tie. If you do have an all buckler team, try using at least one contessa with armour.

OTHER STATS:
Damage- Contessa, by far
Accuracy/dodge/stats- they both suck without buffs tbh. A basic Valencian unit can block them like crazy. Raw-wise, any companion without buffs stinks in Valencia.
Appearance- Both are very well designed imo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
Conwitty423 asked this in a bilge pump thread, because it was the only one he found relating to the Contessa. It seemed a worthy question to have it's own thread. Fan Flanders, who we've know for a long time vs. the relative newcomer, the Contessa Argento, what do you think?
I would say that both are fairly equal.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
I would say that both are fairly equal.
Agreed Fair Lass!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
Yo ho ho, thanks, but who is better in PvP.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Conwitty423 on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Yo ho ho, thanks, but who is better in PvP.
depends on class and strategy