Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
13
List time!!! (And I'm a a swashbuckler so I'm just naming theirs.)

•Nurse Quinn (although I've never used her, she looks stupid...)

•Monsquidors, the ones you got with Gortez

•Subodai, always cheering for him to die.
•Chicken Miner
•Ratbeard, I'm sorry, he's just really useless to me and weak.
•Froggo Villa, he's good at first, but then he just gets really boring. Yes, he's still strong, but I really care about the design an his fighting attacks and how he never talks gets me really bored.
•Mustang Sally, same as froggo villa. Her attacks are fine but how she has no dialog is so boring!!!
•The bucaneer's starting companion and the privateer's, and the musketeer's. Bad design.

Very picky.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7748
Katie LifeSword on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
List time!!! (And I'm a a swashbuckler so I'm just naming theirs.)

•Nurse Quinn (although I've never used her, she looks stupid...)

•Monsquidors, the ones you got with Gortez

•Subodai, always cheering for him to die.
•Chicken Miner
•Ratbeard, I'm sorry, he's just really useless to me and weak.
•Froggo Villa, he's good at first, but then he just gets really boring. Yes, he's still strong, but I really care about the design an his fighting attacks and how he never talks gets me really bored.
•Mustang Sally, same as froggo villa. Her attacks are fine but how she has no dialog is so boring!!!
•The bucaneer's starting companion and the privateer's, and the musketeer's. Bad design.

Very picky.
Very picky? That's quite an understatement.
1. Nurse Quinn, you've never used her, so I don't think you really have a reason to dislike her.
2. Subodai is fantastic.
3. Chicken Miner is actually very useful.
4. Ratbeard, weak? You must not have trained him well. He's one of the most powerful hitters in the game.
5. Froggo Villa is also a great companion,.
6. Mustang Sally is one of the best you can get.
I'm grateful when a companion doesn't talk, we have so many who do already, we really don't need more. I don't consider any non-talking companion as boring - what do you expect, a dramatic monologue every time something happens? THAT would be annoying!
Personally, I love Kobe, Egg & Wing ( even if he is a bit bossy, he makes me laugh. )

Ensign
Feb 04, 2015
11
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
7
Subodai, Weasel Gambler, Nurse Quinn, Froggo Villa, Crab Hermit, Crazy Monquistador, Monquistan Explorer, Lt. Spring, Gracie Conrad, Dead Mike, Wing Chun, Chicken Miner. Whew. These are all useless to a swashbuckler like me, I would definitely use more if I were a buccaneer.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
Jacob LotusCaller on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
Subodai, Weasel Gambler, Nurse Quinn, Froggo Villa, Crab Hermit, Crazy Monquistador, Monquistan Explorer, Lt. Spring, Gracie Conrad, Dead Mike, Wing Chun, Chicken Miner. Whew. These are all useless to a swashbuckler like me, I would definitely use more if I were a buccaneer.
WHAT?! Subodai wing chun gracie conrad and dead mike are some of the best in game! My wing once took out 4 mooshu mobs in one turn, subodai is just pure awesome, gracie's golem is a mini ratbeard not to mention her massive damage land mine, and dead mike is an amazing melee counter.

Ensign
May 31, 2016
11
For me (and apparently many others), it's definitely Nurse Quinn. Admittedly, she did have her uses when I started Cool Ranch on my Swashbuckler, but she doesn't do a whole lot of damage. She only has one copy of Rouse, so once she's done, she's done. Bonnie can heal and do more than Nurse Quinn.

Another off-putting thing about this chicken medic for me is the sound she makes at the end of a battle. It's kind of breathy... and strange? I stopped using her after a few battles for that reason primarily, haha.

I'm seeing a lot of users disliking some very useful companions, though! Just pointing out that the epics you choose are very important! For instance, my Sarah Steele has Riposte 3 and Bladestorm 2, as well as Repel Boarders that she had from the start. With her +crit chance power, she's taken out two enemies in one turn before! Hidden under Black Fog, she can apply Walking in Darkness to both of her incredibly strong powers. Definitely a force to be reckoned with.

But Sarah Steele could also become completely useless if I had given her different epics (just guessing on potential epics here, I don't remember the choices) like Flanking, Cheap Shot, and Second Chance or something.

All companions have the potential to be useful, in my opinion. It's most important on how you harness that potential!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
187
It’s really weird how everyone’s hating on Subodai. He’s hands down my favorite companion!!! His fighting style’s so cool! He’s the uniquest compared to all of the beginner companions. Don’t get me wrong though, I love all of the Mooshu companions, they’re my favorite set of companions.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
187
Mine is unfortunately Doctor Noah. Extremely creative companion, but he never lands a hit. I would use him a ton more if he got some buffs.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
It’s really weird how everyone’s hating on Subodai. He’s hands down my favorite companion!!! His fighting style’s so cool! He’s the uniquest compared to all of the beginner companions. Don’t get me wrong though, I love all of the Mooshu companions, they’re my favorite set of companions.
Though it is odd I can tell why. You say he is the most unique but he is the least unique tied with kobe(why people hate subodai and not him i do not know). Egg has first strike relentless and second chance along with not having vengeance strike as a buck. Kan is the only buckler with a heal. And wing is the only companion with to support powers from what i know. So that's why people hate subodai.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
Mine is unfortunately Doctor Noah. Extremely creative companion, but he never lands a hit. I would use him a ton more if he got some buffs.
That part is just because of your luck because mine hits most of the time even without the toro buff.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
Contessa. Yes, contessa is the worst companion. I know what your thinking, Contessa, how could she be bad she has 3 powers? Well let me tell you, she has very few epics, and she never hits a thing. I trained her in max accuracy and even with the toro buff she still misses constantly. Thats why contessa is junk.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
78
Old Scratch is only useful if you are a Musketeer(For bombs, so only high levels) or a Witchdoctor. However, if you are a witch doctor, you can deal up to 4000 damage in one hit with all his buffs. His minion isn't very useful, sure, but it can be a distraction for a round or 2.

Dark Ryan Ashburn, 70

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
milo gt on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
Old Scratch is only useful if you are a Musketeer(For bombs, so only high levels) or a Witchdoctor. However, if you are a witch doctor, you can deal up to 4000 damage in one hit with all his buffs. His minion isn't very useful, sure, but it can be a distraction for a round or 2.

Dark Ryan Ashburn, 70
privy heals and buckler poisons are buffed from his buffs as well.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2016
9
CaptainAureus on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I used to not really like Subodai either. I was kind of careless with my points and never leveled him up. Now that I have completed his section promo he is an excellent fighter. He criticals allot in battle and almost never gets hit. So he used to be my least favorite but now he is one of my favorites.
Yeah for me it's nurse Quinn who I hate so i use flan, Bonnie and horse you get in cool ranch for side quest.
Unkind Alex Gaff level 32

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
11
my least favorite Companion is Bonnie anne. I know everyone thinks she is really good she wasn't to me she always died on my witchdoctor and i only trained her to level 12 becuase i stopped training her because she was worthless to me. (please don't give bad quots She wasn't good for me)

Commodore
Nov 01, 2013
910
ConnorP08 on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
my least favorite Companion is Bonnie anne. I know everyone thinks she is really good she wasn't to me she always died on my witchdoctor and i only trained her to level 12 becuase i stopped training her because she was worthless to me. (please don't give bad quots She wasn't good for me)
No problem. She was probably your weak Companion, then.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
230
ConnorP08 on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
my least favorite Companion is Bonnie anne. I know everyone thinks she is really good she wasn't to me she always died on my witchdoctor and i only trained her to level 12 becuase i stopped training her because she was worthless to me. (please don't give bad quots She wasn't good for me)
All of this is just a training issue. bonnie is legendary for all

Ensign
Jun 30, 2016
9
kingme655 on Oct 29, 2017 wrote:
All of this is just a training issue. bonnie is legendary for all
I agree level her up and she's amazing.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
11
kingme655 on Oct 29, 2017 wrote:
All of this is just a training issue. bonnie is legendary for all
OK! OK! i do have training issue. and you just posted a quot on my most favorite companion messege! Please stop giving me quots about my least and most favorite companion. its my opioion!!!!

Ensign
Apr 24, 2010
1
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
I have to agree with most people I hate nurse Quinn but on side note don't discard bonnie ann she actually is really good if you give her the right epics and right talents. for this reason I have her Double tap,Stock Assault followed by burst 2 and quick draw 2. then for her talents I give her rouge 4 accurate 4 followed by tough 4 and agile 4 . have bonnie ann attack an enemy and watch at how many times she goes before she kills her opponent now I know their are some concerns in terms of say if she does shoot out with another monster and it just goes back and forward until either she is left standing or gets killed. but in all bonnie anne is my personal favorite minion. the voodoo monkey you get from the hoodoo bundle however that's a problem the comapion has so much potential yet he is classified as a companion when in actuality he should be classified as a and that's where I leave at my point of companions