Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Nurse Quinn, The crab hermit, romba, and the crazy monquistan, are all on the lower end of my list in terms of companions.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
narnialover1104 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there pirates!
My least favorite companions are Old Scratch and Subodai. They do so little damage and Old Scratch fizzles a decent amount.
Wow, I realize how inexperienced I was back then.
Old Scratch has an amazing buff, and actually does tons of damage coupled with his frequent criticals from a Juju, and Subodai is great with his agility reducing move and the fact that he can learn relentless 3 and vengeance strike 3.

Nowadays, my opinion had most surely changed. I'd have to say my least favorite companion is Nurse Quinn. A melee witchdoctor does not work out in her case. And she just dies so easily, not to mention her damage is quite low.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Ok I'm getting ready for the HATE my least favorite is.. Bonnie Anne, Esign Emmet, and Lucky Jack Russel .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
shooty202 on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
Ok I'm getting ready for the HATE my least favorite is.. Bonnie Anne, Esign Emmet, and Lucky Jack Russel .
Those three are some of the best in game.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Those three are some of the best in game.
I know I do pick the weirdest combos the only normal one on my fighting team is El Toro, I haven't seen many with Iago but, NONE with Ju Hao.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Contessa doesn't do much for me. One hit wonder.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Hey! My least favorite companions in the BEGINNING was Old scratch,Subodai and Gracie.
1. Now Old scratch i promoted him a while back and i forgot about him, not even trying him but now he is one ofmy best!

2. Subodai same story but, he popped in once and i thought to just put him in, do some weak damage and die but he REALLY proved himself

3.same for Gracie

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
my least favorite is nanu nanu by far, I never use him. he doesn't even have an epic hit! I don't even have him in my companion roster, he is just sitting in my ship's cabin.

fiery alyssa taylor 16 privy

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
My least favorite companions would be the yule trogg. It would be nice to see him get some new moves, because his critical is low and his basic attack always gets blocked. All the while, his health, defense, and attack are low.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
How Bonnie is so good all through out the game!!! If you proc her over watch you can lead in to burst fire double tap chains, once I was able to take out half of the team in Aquila with on Bonnie Anne overwatch proc leading to double tap and blast fire chains. Overall honestly I think that Bonnie Anne is one of my top favorite companions but opinions are opinions

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
Valdrick on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
to me old scratch is the worst, its cool he can hit multple enimies, but he is so weak and his summon usually dies with one hit now that i am in cool ranch. next would have to be louie labisque, i cant stand having his weak harpoon on my team. "sigh" he gets blocked all the time and has terrible defense. Would like to see the ability to "sideline" my companions that i dont want.

Next i would summerize all the companions you get that dont have any special attacks other than epic abilites, i mean COME ON! they should be able to have one at least. those that usualy dont have an attack to use i keep on the bottom.
You need to level Old scratch as witch doctor through bokor he is all around average but once you get to Valencia and Aquila you realize that he can really help a lot. I was with a friend doing a boss and her old scratch powered me up to 1 k per hit and it wasn't even done with cool ranch also it helps to be witch doctor soon you really need a Bonnie carcarius scratch team even mormo because in the higher levels for witch doctor it's so helpful to have witch doctors to power you up and to power themselves up to kill. Honestly it depends on the time you play him

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
mommala on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
Absolutely old scratch. He is completely useless, dies like crazy(even though i keep him way back), and his attacks are weak. Old scratch for sure. Favorite: bonnie anne, Even though she isnt my strongest i love her lol

From, Awkward Corwin Nightingale Level 19 musketeer
I understand why you hate scratch, me I LOVE HIM, but of course, I'm a witch doctor. As a witch doctor you get to see his powers come through he can do splash damage summon minions and he can't boost you up so much with his mojo flows if you got two mojo flows on you from your spell you learn you can do 2,000 with a crit or mojo reaper, if you wanna see his true power play late game witch doctor.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
iceblade1233 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
on the 3 pirates im working on i have my 2 least favorite companions

level 10 witchdoctor: Kan Po because he always dies

level 24 musketeer: Romba because he dosen't do that much damage
If you stick with Kan po he is very good until some point where you need mainly witch doctors because he deals damage and if you give him tough 5 it doesn't become a problem, AND he can do sick chains and take out people one by one

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
cam1109 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Here is my top 3 list of my worse companions as me being a level 13 . 1 Bonnie the fox .2 Kan the goat .3 is Mormo the water mole. From a level 13
This quote got me

1.Kan reposte relentless blade storm boom gg all I gotta say for him

2.Bonnie over watch Burst fire double tap all I gotta say for her

3.Mormo eh I don't really like him

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
Chinspinner on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I play a witch doctor, but dislike all the witch doctor companions. Without the abilities they are far too weak.
Then you obviously aren't a good witch doctor no offense but it require some patience not always about the damage but the build up to killing. Ryan-Level42Witchdoctor

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
Mine has got to be Bones McGee. I feel like he is a wanna be Bonnie Anne coming in with similar epics but just not making the cut. Not high critical, well not high all around stats not high health at all and just is all around below average I was just bored so I did his quest honestly was a waste of my time. Ryan-Witchdoctor level 42

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
if bonnie anne is at sharpshooter she is bad sniper is ok highlander is best,
I'm sorry but PF COURSE they get promoted to get better don't really need to state it do ya.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
Fearless Benjamin ... on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Bonnie Anne IS THE WORST I AM LVL 41 AND MY BONNIE ANNE IS LVL 14!
This is the biggest user error I have ever seen, Bonnie Anne once took out half of the team in one round before she could even attack using her regular hit! Just get over watch rust fire and double tap you will change your mind.ryan-witch doctor level 42

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
Gruesome Richard on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with some people about Bonnie. I can't say that she's bad, because she isn't. No companion is truly "bad" or "horrible" or "sucks", but Bonnie doesn't work too well with me. And that's coming from a level 65 Privateer. She can be decent at times, but for the most part, she isn't the musket I'd rely on myself. Her burst fire seems to be dormant all the time, and she usually ends up missing the enemies at the wrong times. And yes, my Bonnie is a 65, fully promoted, and with Overwatch, Double Tap, Burst Fire 2, Stock Assault, and Quick Draw. But that's just my thoughts. Same goes for Scratch, he seems to be a pacifist.
The problem is the other things ditch em what you really need is just oerwatch double tea burst fire.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
mommala on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
Absolutely old scratch. He is completely useless, dies like crazy(even though i keep him way back), and his attacks are weak. Old scratch for sure. Favorite: bonnie anne, Even though she isnt my strongest i love her lol

From, Awkward Corwin Nightingale Level 19 musketeer
Lol this is waaaaay back when Old Scratch was actually useless. Now, Old Scratch is one of the top tier companions of Pirate101, ever since Kingsisle gave him those sweet, sweet mojo buffs. His mojo buffs make long tower runs (Moo Manchu, Kane) soooooo much easier to do. Plus, he buffs my heals and absorbs on my Privateer and he makes me do crazy damage on my Witchdoctor. :D

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Rhemas on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Battacuda, hands down. Continually gets blocked and dies because its a melee companion. Useless against the Armada.
The same can be said for all creature companions (Crokogator, Batacuda, Nikeeta, Madclaw, etc) All the creature companions are really op when you first recruit them, then they become useless. The only exception, in my opinion, is probably Scorpius since he does critical a lot and actually has fairly high damage compared to the rest of the creatures. I wish Kingsisle would make the creature companions less underwhelming. I love my Batacuda companion, but sadly, I eventually stopped putting training points into him. He became dead weight towards the end of Cool Ranch, maybe the start of Mooshu.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
Romba Has GOT to be the worst companion I have ever seen. Just is not viable in any situations in my opinion.

Your's truly,

Dark Patrick Mickleson-lvl 69
Hardy Ryan Renner-lvl 63
Alex-lvl 23
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cya In the Skyway!

Ensign
Oct 20, 2014
honestly my least favorite companion as a swashbuckler would be Fan Flanders. She is ok at level 8 but once i level up she kind of just gets weaker and when you start getting more companions you dont have enough training points to level up your weakest compainion So she kind of just stays in my house so she can never enter a battle. If i dont like a crew member or dont want them in battles then i will give them orders or keep them in my house. I think they should make some sort of bank but for companions.

Community Leader
Bloody Wolf on May 23, 2017 wrote:
honestly my least favorite companion as a swashbuckler would be Fan Flanders. She is ok at level 8 but once i level up she kind of just gets weaker and when you start getting more companions you dont have enough training points to level up your weakest compainion So she kind of just stays in my house so she can never enter a battle. If i dont like a crew member or dont want them in battles then i will give them orders or keep them in my house. I think they should make some sort of bank but for companions.
You're trolling right? Tell me you're trolling. Fan is a staple swashbuckler companion, and is the only swashbuckler companions bucklers get that has access to multiple ranks of relentless/bladestorm and guaranteed criticals. In addition, her agility buff is one of two team buffs swashes have access to (Toro's Espirit being the other) without farming for gear. She's objectively one of the best buckler companions in the game.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
SuperPirate893 on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Let me give you a tip:
IF you are buying enemy companions(such as froggo villa and fin ) from the crown shop, think:
If you can beat them easily, so will your enemies.
Mmmhmm. Thus the reason I bought Froggo Villa. Because it took me about 10 attempts to defeat him.